Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voynich Manuscript Deciphered?

mlauzon

'Once you see it, once you find out the mystery, this is a natural human tendency to solve the puzzle'

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/computer-scientist-claims-clues-to-deciphering-mysterious-voynich-manuscript-1.4503571

• Like 4

Interesting read. Just occurred to me we might be putting a lot of effort Into a book that might be someone's journal/a possible work of fiction ...maybe that's the first novel ever written.

Then again, we are making a computer translate with no guarantee that language translated was the actual intention of the written text.

Edited by DebDandelion
  • Like 3

"Vowels had been dropped." This sentence confuses me, because semitic languages are never written with vowels to begin with. Even modern Hebrew and Arabic are written without vowels; it is a standard feature of such languages.

• Like 2

I always hoped it would be deciphered and end up being an epic troll job and have nothing of real substance to it. Maybe even just the emo rantings of an old timey 13 year old.

Hebrew, huh?  I still wonder about all the plant illustrations.  I wonder if the AI analysis can make any sense of them.

Interesting ideas. I'd put this possibility of decoding the book into the category of a firm... Maybe.

• Like 1

It is written by the smartest idiot who had no clue on modern literacy. I should know as I too am the smartest idiot I know.