Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fight Over Manson's Body

susieice

Several people claiming to be sons of Charles Manson are battling for the murderer's remains, amongst others who claim Manson sent them wills. The case has been thrown out of LA courts. The body is in the possession of the Kern County Coroner's office and they have requested the case be heard there. Manson's remains have been on ice for 60 days.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/26/latest-judge-moves-fight-over-mansons-body-out-la.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fight-for-charles-mansons-corpse-thrown-out-of-los-angeles-courtroom/

Edited by susieice
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, susieice said:

Several people claiming to be sons of Charles Manson are battling for the murderer's remains, amongst others who claim Manson sent them wills. The case has been thrown out of LA courts. The body is in the possession of the Kern County Coroner's office and they have requested the case be heard there. Manson's remains have been on ice for 60 days.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/26/latest-judge-moves-fight-over-mansons-body-out-la.html

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fight-for-charles-mansons-corpse-thrown-out-of-los-angeles-courtroom/

Even in death, he retains the ability to cause problems for people...

• Like 5

Considering he was the leader of a cult he probably has a lot of offspring.

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

Cremate him and spread his ashes in a cesspit.

A piggery,s manure pile would be better yet.... 

Edited by Piney
  • Like 3

I think they should do what they did with Bin Laden and drop him at some undisclosed location in the middle of the ocean.

That way no one will ever know where he is, and the demented can't make pilgrimages to his grave.

• Like 6

I may be wrong here... but I think technically if there is family that is willing to take the body, the state kind of has to turn it over. Problem is with Manson, the family isn't so likely to just be wanting to bury the dead with respect- far more likely they just want to own the "celebrity rights" of Manson to use in future exploits.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, rashore said:

I may be wrong here... but I think technically if there is family that is willing to take the body, the state kind of has to turn it over. Problem is with Manson, the family isn't so likely to just be wanting to bury the dead with respect- far more likely they just want to own the "celebrity rights" of Manson to use in future exploits.

Oh no doubt you're right about all of that.

I just wish they could dump him somewhere undisclosed in the middle of the ocean. 

• Like 3

I just hate him so much.

Especially for what happened to that pregnant woman.

He was responsible for that, and he got to live out his life with celebrity status.

It's disgusting.

• Like 2

No one should even want to claim him, let alone be fighting over his body.

• Like 2

I wonder if someone will have to pay the coroner's office for keeping the body for all this time. He should have just been buried in the prison cemetery with a number on his tombstone so no one would ever know which one he was. Or anonymously in a potter's field.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, susieice said:

I wonder if someone will have to pay the coroner's office for keeping the body for all this time.

No, Jim Jones is still in a box in the Eglington Crematorium. I tried to buy him so I could use him as cat litter.

• Like 2

The morons from "Guns and Roses" cashed in on him. I ripped a G& R Manson tee from my middle son's body that he bought and told him I never want to hear their music again. I like evil music but......not evil people playing it or writing it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

I wonder if it would have been worth it to remove his brain and look for abnormalities... 

But I guess now we won’t have the chance to see if there were any actual physical abnormalities which could help researchers in finding the causes for this kind of psychology. Who knows :/ 

• 2 weeks later...