Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Out of our minds: are UFOs thought-forms ?

UM-Bot

It's a possibility.

I've always thought it could account for some of the "grey" bedroom invader experiences. 

• Like 3

Patrick Harpur explores this idea in Daimonic Reality. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's a possibility.

I've always thought it could account for some of the "grey" bedroom invader experiences. 

Some of my sleep paralysis -seizure events are very similar to "gray" bedroom experiences including struggling with something trying to open the door. Since they haven't found what exactly causes the specific short circuit I wonder if the same one is involved. 

• Like 3

It's surprising to me that there isn't more attention paid to this idea.

I'm usually the lone person on any given discussion who takes up that torch. 

• Like 3

It would seem the author doesn't know what UFO means.

• Like 3

Maybe it's an assumption that there's always something mundane that people are mistaking for woo.

It could be that sometimes it's not mundane, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's what they think it is. 

• Like 3

The late John Mack didn't seem to think it was Psychological.

On 1/27/2018 at 1:05 PM, UM-Bot said:

Are UFOs physical or psychological in nature ?

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/column.php?id=315213

Should an ant somehow evolve to form a healthy relationship with a human, and form a natural language together, the human could do things for the ant that it could never do alone. Should a human form a natural relationship with "God"/the Universe, along with this "direct" communication, then the forces would bend for the human that the human would only dream of (all within the variables of math - of course). The two must be at the same consciousness level for this symbiotic relationship to occur, and our (collectively - every human) bound together has been since its birth, the big bang, which gave rise to the human - however, they would have to lock eyes, per say, with the Universe on a cellular level (no easy task - well, at least for the first timers). So technically, sure, a "ufo", interesting light in the sky, a guitar, etc. For the outside observer, they would not notice a change, but for the inside observer, including others observing it being done, would obviously see the difference.

Edited by dirtierdragoon4

On 1/28/2018 at 4:57 AM, ChaosRose said:

Maybe it's an assumption that there's always something mundane that people are mistaking for woo.

It could be that sometimes it's not mundane, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's what they think it is. 

i don't think you fully understand what the article is saying. cultural tracking needs to be taken the same way the author intended it to be, that is, a psychological response to an explained or unexplained event. not independent of one. a human response for something that the human mind is not able to understand or fit into its understanding. regardless of whether its real or not. the real mystery is the initial trigger (woo or not) not what the person perceives what they saw but what confuses the person enough to wrongly describe it using something he's more familiar with. in the examples used the person/persons saw something that they found hard to believe. the human condition being what it is makes an attempt to rationalise and fill in the blanks it didn't understand or describe using everyday examples. its not the woo or incredible event thats being described as cultural tracking but the response.

example: Even more standard UFO encounters contain Cultural Tracking elements within them which are hard to account for. In October 1994 an American spy plane came across an unknown object at 1300 feet over Cyprus. Some fighter jets were hurried out to intercept the interloper but it sped away in the direction of the African coast. Thus far we have a credible sighting involving the military. There is however one perturbing, but by no means untypical detail to the story: the object boasted '20 flashing lights'

now you'd be hard pressed to claim woo on what happened on October 1994 over Cyprus. an American spy plane saw a UFO. the cultural tracking is the way they described its lighting system and not the actual UFO sighting. 

Just now, Captain Risky said:

i don't think you fully understand what the article is saying. cultural tracking needs to be taken the same way the author intended it to be, that is, a psychological response to an explained or unexplained event. not independent of one. a human response for something that the human mind is not able to understand or fit into its understanding. regardless of whether its real or not. the real mystery is the initial trigger (woo or not) not what the person perceives what they saw but what confuses the person enough to wrongly describe it using something he's more familiar with. in the examples used the person/persons saw something that they found hard to believe. the human condition being what it is makes an attempt to rationalise and fill in the blanks it didn't understand or describe using everyday examples. its not the woo or incredible event thats being described as cultural tracking but the response.

example: Even more standard UFO encounters contain Cultural Tracking elements within them which are hard to account for. In October 1994 an American spy plane came across an unknown object at 1300 feet over Cyprus. Some fighter jets were hurried out to intercept the interloper but it sped away in the direction of the African coast. Thus far we have a credible sighting involving the military. There is however one perturbing, but by no means untypical detail to the story: the object boasted '20 flashing lights'

now you'd be hard pressed to claim woo on what happened on October 1994 over Cyprus. an American spy plane saw a UFO. the cultural tracking is the way they described its lighting system and not the actual UFO sighting. 

I don't think you fully understand what thoughtforms are.

• Like 1

There can genuinely be something in the sky you can't identify. You can imagine it to be pretty much anything.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 6:38 PM, ChaosRose said:

It's surprising to me that there isn't more attention paid to this idea.

I'm usually the lone person on any given discussion who takes up that torch. 

It's surprising to me that there isn't more attention paid to the holographic universe idea.

Edited by Rolci
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Rolci said:

It's surprising to me that there isn't more attention paid to the holographic universe idea.

It's unsurprising you'd bring up something so unrelated.

19 hours ago, Rolci said:

When trying to establish the cause of any unknown siting of a UFO all theories must be taken into account, mundane and the unexplained ones as well. Usually they can be explained by military or atmospheric causes, but I think some things just might be holographic projections. Who projects them is another area to explore in itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, White Unicorn said:

When trying to establish the cause of any unknown siting of a UFO all theories must be taken into account, mundane and the unexplained ones as well. Usually they can be explained by military or atmospheric causes, but I think some things just might be holographic projections. Who projects them is another area to explore in itself. 

Which has next to nothing to do with the holographic universe.

• Like 1