Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystic thick fog

Bekka

Me and my parents were walking home to our hotel from a restaurant in spain. The usual route we take home was suddently covered in a wall of thick fog, so thick we decided to go another path around because we thought it might be a fire. When we came to the hotel we saw no fog/smoke, we were curious so we went towards were the smoke was again, incase there actually was a fire. We went all the way back to were we saw it but it was gone, all clear. We saw some people outside there house and asked what the fog/smoke was and were it came from, they sed there was no smoke here and there never was. But... both me and my parents saw it, this is a 100% sure thing, we saw it, but was it there? What was it? 

Anyone experienced something similar? Or some who can might explain?

(Sorry for my English)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bekka said:

Me and my parents were walking home to our hotel from a restaurant in spain. The usual route we take home was suddently covered in a wall of thick fog, so thick we decided to go another path around because we thought it might be a fire. When we came to the hotel we saw no fog/smoke, we were curious so we went towards were the smoke was again, incase there actually was a fire. We went all the way back to were we saw it but it was gone, all clear. We saw some people outside there house and asked what the fog/smoke was and were it came from, they sed there was no smoke here and there never was. But... both me and my parents saw it, this is a 100% sure thing, we saw it, but was it there? What was it? 

(Sorry for my English)

Welcome to UM,

Firstly, your English is quite good.

As for the fog, depending on conditions, fog can appear and dissipate very rapidly (minutes) in the same way that clouds can form and dissipate very rapidly. What was the weather like at the time? We could possibly check the records to see if the conditions were conducive for fog.

It’s probably worth having a look at the Wiki page as it explains how fog forms quite well: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog

Did you smell smoke? Being that close to thick smoke, you’d most definitely smell it (again depending on the conditions).

The other people outside not seeing it, is there a reason why they wouldn’t have seen it? Preoccupied? Inside? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Timonthy said:

Welcome to UM,

Firstly, your English is quite good.

As for the fog, depending on conditions, fog can appear and dissipate very rapidly (minutes) in the same way that clouds can form and dissipate very rapidly. What was the weather like at the time? We could possibly check the records to see if the conditions were conducive for fog.

It’s probably worth having a look at the Wiki page as it explains how fog forms quite well: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fog

Did you smell smoke? Being that close to thick smoke, you’d most definitely smell it (again depending on the conditions).

The other people outside not seeing it, is there a reason why they wouldn’t have seen it? Preoccupied? Inside? 

Thank you :) i will look in to that

I can not remember smelling anything, there were no clouds, it was s nice evening. It was a werry thick fog, we could not see trough it, but i think you are right, it must have been som crazy natural fog. 

Yes, it is true that the people we asked could have been ocupied. 

I guess it just all felt verry wierd and strange, but the easiest answear is often the correct one. I think i was overthinking it too much :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bekka said:

Thank you :) i will look in to that

I can not remember smelling anything, there were no clouds, it was s nice evening. It was a werry thick fog, we could not see trough it, but i think you are right, it must have been som crazy natural fog. 

Yes, it is true that the people we asked could have been ocupied. 

I guess it just all felt verry wierd and strange, but the easiest answear is often the correct one. I think i was overthinking it too much :)

Fog can definitely make for an eerie strange setting!

There are some really cool fog time lapse videos on YouTube too, you might find something similar to what you saw. 

Edited by Timonthy
Typo.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bekka said:

(Sorry for my English)

What is the elevation of the location?  (above sea level)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Piney said:

What is the elevation of the location?  (above sea level)

I am not 100% sure but i think it must be about 2 meters above sea lvl

1 hour ago, Bekka said:

I am not 100% sure but i think it must be about 2 meters above sea lvl

Not high enough for a stray low flying cloud. But it's always a possibility.

• Like 1

I once drove over the top of Exmoor through low cloud/fog thick as can be it was mean while the people waiting for me lower down were in sunshine, further on still got to our destination and it was pouring with rain and continued to do so all weekend we were camping at the glastonbury festival I forgot to say it was sunny before I went over Exmoor

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Its unlikely the locals would talk to a stranger , because it could be a paranormal happening and they may be still  superstitious in some regions.

Did you have any physical contact with the fog/cloud ?.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Bekka said:

(Sorry for my English)

Yes. While there's nothing unusual about fog coming and going there is one note I would add. I had one experience happening upon a top shaped disc ufo hovering. Take it or leave it but there was a fog definitely seemed to be situated around the ship and nowhere else in the vicinity. In fact I have never seen fog in that area and lived there for years. 

I can' explain why, just an observation. I have a guess but it's bit complex and requires a lot of preliminary explanation. It's probably an effect of the electromagnetic transition into heavier elements as the ship traverses frequencies but what do i know.

If this were the case however it would explain why not everybody saw it. We aren't all tuned the the exact same spectral range, some people seem to see it while it remains invisible to others. That or they just didn't happen to see it.

Edited by Nnicolette