Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's tallest man meets shortest woman

Still Waters

The world's tallest man has met up with the shortest woman at Egypt's pyramids in a bid to boost the country's struggling tourism industry.

Sultan Kosen, a 35-year-old from Turkey, stands 246.5cm (8ft 1in) tall and met with Jyoti Amage from India, who is just 62.8cm (2ft 06in) tall.

The pair came together in front of the historic site of Giza Pyramids in Cairo last Friday, striking poses for awe-struck tourists.

http://www.itv.com/news/2018-01-29/worlds-tallest-man-meets-worlds-shortest-woman-in-egypt/

http://www.straitstimes.com/world/middle-east/worlds-tallest-man-meets-worlds-shortest-woman

• Like 2

I pity both of them.  It must be quite costly Mr. Kosen to purchase "out the rack" items.  I would think almost everything he has from a clothing and furniture point must be customer made. I work with a man that's only about 4 feet tall.  He has enough issues with being in a "full sized" world.  The issues for Ms. Amage must be doubly as bad.  Can you imagine how many times she's been asked "Hi little girl, looking for your Mother?" or something similar?

• Like 1

is there any other species with such a dramatic size difference between fully grown adults?

i know its down to medical issues but do other animals suffer from this aswell? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, paperdyer said:

I pity both of them.  It must be quite costly Mr. Kosen to purchase "out the rack" items.  I would think almost everything he has from a clothing and furniture point must be customer made. I work with a man that's only about 4 feet tall.  He has enough issues with being in a "full sized" world.  The issues for Ms. Amage must be doubly as bad.  Can you imagine how many times she's been asked "Hi little girl, looking for your Mother?" or something similar?

You are right about not being able to purchase things like clothing right off the rack if you aren't "normal" size. I am very tall and have large feet to go along with it, it is impossible for me to walk into any store and just pick something out. Everything is basically custom made which cost much more and is a pain in the a$$. Even something as simple renting a car can be a hassle if all they have are compact cars (which happen to the wife and I a few months ago). I wanted to do the scene in the movie Airplane where Bubba Smith's character rips the front seat out and sits in the back to drive. But that's life. I don't need or want the world to conform to my needs.

On 1/30/2018 at 2:08 PM, Lucas Cooper Merrin said:

is there any other species with such a dramatic size difference between fully grown adults?

i know its down to medical issues but do other animals suffer from this aswell? 

A couple of fish species have dwarf population like rainbow smelt and whitefish living alongside normal sized population. But normally for a lot of species, something putting you in a big disadvantage means that you just die young...

Figure-1-Normal-and-dwarf-lake-whitefish-Coregonus-clupeaformis-Normal-whitefish.png

Edited by Jon the frog

Who run Bartertown? Say louder!