Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cryptid proof could net huge prize

Still Waters

A monstrous reward is being offered by a video game company to anyone  who can provide proof for the existence of various legendary cryptids  from around the world.

The proverbial Bigfoot bounty, which stands at a whopping $75,000  dollars, has been issued by Capcom in conjunction with the release of  their new game 'Monster Hunter: World.' 

In keeping with the title's global theme, the contest targets ten  legendary cryptids said to reside in different parts of the world.

https://kfbk.iheart.com/featured/coast-to-coast-am/content/2018-01-29-cryptid-proof-could-net-huge-prize/

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/cryptid-proof-could-net-huge-prize

• Like 2

I can't like this. This will fill the Pine Barrens with more idiots than we already have. Suburban redneck trophy hunters are bad enough....

• Like 7

A video game company? I'm afraid in a couple of weeks we'll be experiencing a rash of pale, out of shape kids having to get rescued from the wilds. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 9

27 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

A video game company? I'm afraid in a couple of weeks we'll be experiencing a rash of pale, out of shape kids having to get rescued from the wilds. 

:mellow: and the boss and I will be doing it......

• Like 2

@Farmer77 A group of Bigfoot or Jersey Devil hunters were in the Ocean Spray/ North Wharton area stumbling around and setting up call recordings. I was skulking them along with my big kitty friend who was also curious. It was after I stopped carrying because the released bears and lioness were use to my presence. Didn't notice the 17 under the one jackasses' jacket. He threw 10 rounds at me not knowing who or what I was. I sense a  train wreck coming.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Piney said:

@Farmer77 A group of Bigfoot or Jersey Devil hunters were in the Ocean Spray/ North Wharton area stumbling around and setting up call recordings. I was skulking them along with my big kitty friend who was also curious. It was after I stopped carrying because the released bears and lioness were use to my presence. Didn't notice the 17 under the one jackasses' jacket. He threw 10 rounds at me not knowing who or what I was. I sense a  train wreck coming.

No kidding? God people just suck.  Thankfully I've always gotten to go get them after they realized how bad they suck , not while they're still living their Blair Witch/ Jeremiah Johnson fantasies. 

Good luck man hopefully the latest game release will distract them before they get out the door. 

• Like 4

Just now, Farmer77 said:

No kidding? God people just suck.  Thankfully I've always gotten to go get them after they realized how bad they suck , not while they're still living their Blair Witch/ Jeremiah Johnson fantasies. 

Good luck man hopefully the latest game release will distract them before they get out the door. 

I "toyed" with them all night then two-wayed the rangers in the morning. Can't be carrying a firearm in a N.J.State Forest. It's a automatic 5 years.

• Like 3

Just now, Piney said:

I "toyed" with them all night then two-wayed the rangers in the morning. Can't be carrying a firearm in a N.J.State Forest. It's a automatic 5 years.

Oh so the guy who shot at unidentified noises was illegally carrying a gun? Its funny how gun safety and legality seem to go hand in hand. 

As for the cryptids I'm a believer to a certain extent so I would be extremely excited about any kind of evidence that could be discovered, I just cringe at encouraging the gamer demographic flocking to the woods. 

• Like 3

$75,000 dollars?

The Saudi's had $31.8m up for grabs in a camel beauty contest...

I wouldn't even get out of bed to pack my monster detection kit for a paltry $75,000! :rolleyes:

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Piney said:

So I just need to point Capcom to your trailer and collect my 75k right? Sweet! :D

• Like 1

:ph34r:Looking for real life monsters? Ok.. How about looking at the North Korean regime. You can't get more monstrous than Kim Jong Un and his band of evil minions. That was easy!
Just send me my money to eddwordd@gmail.com..Via Pay Pal.
Thanks I can sure use the cash right now.

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

What? They are looking for the Lochness Monster and Mermaids, but not Unicorns?

We're not good enough for them?

Because we already know unicorns exist, they just got fat and we now call them Rhinoceros. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Because we already know unicorns exist, they just got fat and we now call them Rhinoceros. 

That...I don't even....I AM NOT FAT! :no:

Yeah I know that the monoceros of the Greeks, the origin of the unicorn myth was actually a fanciful record of the Indian rhino (which actually really only has one horn, unlike the African one with its two). But we also know Nessie was a prop, Bigfoot was a guy in a suit and mermaids were manatees ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BorizBadinov said:

So I just need to point Capcom to your trailer and collect my 75k right? Sweet! :D

:lol:

• Like 1

Monster hunter fans are mostly pasty-skinned scrubs. They're gunna die in the wilds looking for monsters.

• Like 2

Blanka didn't make this list? Nice Capcom...

31 minutes ago, Podo said:

Monster hunter fans are mostly pasty-skinned scrubs. They're gunna die in the wilds looking for monsters.

Darwinism at work. :tu:

• Like 2