Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

POTUS State Of the Union Address 2018

acidhead

Funny you should mention that, it was on tv the very moment I put it on just now. Doesn't his little orange face look pleased with himself. ^_^

• Like 2

Just finished watching the SOTU Address.... great speech and some emotional moments that moved me to tears -

congratulations to the people of the USA and President Trump -

cometh the hour cometh the man :) 

• Like 9

Ah a sign of the times: 

Fact-checking website crashes during Trump's first State of the Union

Overall he seems to have done good for Trump  :

CNN's Reality Check Team vets Trump's State of the Union

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, skliss said:

I said in another thread that I can't believe how bad most of the Dems made themselves look by not clapping for things like lowest ever unemployment for afri-amer and Hispanics,

Considering that A. declining unemployment was a trend prior to Trump taking office and B. that despite lower unemployment black unemployment rates are still somewhere around twice that of whites I can understand why people weren't clapping for that bit of fluff. 

9 minutes ago, skliss said:

Pelosi looked like someone was holding a turd under her nose.

Considering what comes out of her mouth she just might have been :lol:

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 6

Slow, slow, slow, slow declining unemployment....in one year that was completely eclipsed.

I can't get the Pelosi comment to quote but.....slams palm to forehead.....I should have thought of that...lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skliss said:

I thought it was really good. I said in another thread that I can't believe how bad most of the Dems made themselves look by not clapping for things like lowest ever unemployment for afri-amer and Hispanics, wanting to come to a daca deal, veterans, etc. Pelosi looked like someone was holding a turd under her nose.

I watched very little, but I agree with you.   The democrats made fools of themselves with their behavior.   They sure reinforced their stereotype of pouters.    The views of Pelosi and Bernie were almost comical.  

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I watched very little, but I agree with you.   The democrats made fools of themselves with their behavior.   They sure reinforced their stereotype of pouters.    The views of Pelosi and Bernie were almost comical.  

It was a calculated political move to shore up the far left side of their base who don't view it as pouting but as taking a moral stance.    

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It was a calculated political move to shore up the far left side of their base who don't view it as pouting but as taking a moral stance.    

Alienating a lot of voters to gain a few? Most Democrat voters are reasonable people (most people are more center in general,) so I imagine just about anyone watching the show would have the same feelings toward the "sore losers". 

• Like 5

Just now, Dark_Grey said:

Alienating a lot of voters to gain a few? Most Democrat voters are reasonable people (most people are more center in general,) so I imagine just about anyone watching the show would have the same feelings toward the "sore losers". 

IDK, as of early this morning polling on it is all over the place.

The media did a great job over the preceding 24 hours or so of explaining to the public why things like lowest black unemployment might not get applause along with preparing people for the incongruous message he delivered regarding unity. 

Like always I'm guessing the majority walked away feeling the exact same as when they turned it on. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

To be fair to Bernie, he'd have a right to feel resentful (though not so much at the Trumpster as at his own party). 

• Like 3

Most of the news around here is about the Democrat response from Joe Kennedy.

Was that drool coming out of Joe Kennedy’s mouth?

Source

• Like 4

My favorite quote from SOTU night : 

“Even though I disagreed with almost everything he said, for Trump, the speech was clear and well-delivered,” Rep. Luis Gutierrez said in a statement. “Whoever translated it for him from Russian did a good job.”

I don't necessarily agree with the statement but its funny as hell 

• Like 4

The Moment Dem Rep Luis Gutierrez Stormed Out of Trump's Speech

Link

Now why don't I believe him?

• Like 4

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi urged her Democratic colleagues to stay in the chamber Tuesday night during President Trump’s first State of the Union address, or don’t come at all,"

Even supposing we believe him, this is just so pathetically childish that Ms. Pelosi even had to say this that I don't see how anyone could possibly continue to give the "Democrats" any credibility at all. They just don't seem to have any self awareness how childish they make themselves look, as if the whole Russiagate farce wasn't enough to embarrass them. :no: 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

"House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi urged her Democratic colleagues to stay in the chamber Tuesday night during President Trump’s first State of the Union address, or don’t come at all,"

Even supposing we believe him, this is just so pathetically childish that Ms. Pelosi even had to say this that I don't see how anyone could possibly continue to give the "Democrats" any credibility at all. They just don't seem to have any self awareness how childish they make themselves look, as if the whole Russiagate farce wasn't enough to embarrass them. :no: 

Why is that childish?

Who knows what garbage is going to spew forth from Trump's mouth at any given time, walking out on people spewing garbage is kind of a human tradition.

It sounds like if that were to happen she was just trying to keep the focus on the potential garbage rather than their walking out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Sorry Farmer, they have no dignity at all. They're just making themselves look like silly petulant children.

For the record I feel like I'm walking a fine line here, I'm not trying to defend the individuals, just the human response. 

i have not watched the sotu, but i see plenty of pics now of democrats faces, they look like they have ate turds, that alone tells me trump is doing the right thing

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why is that childish?  Because regardless of what anyone thinks of Trump, he is the duly elected president of the united states and regardless of how you feel about the man, you show respect for the office as the republicans did for the previous eight years.  Time for the democrats to stop acting like petulant little children and act like the leaders they are supposed to be.  The nation should be grateful that we finally have a president in office again that will reach across the aisle.  Obama wouldn't do this, he did everything through decree which is why nothing he did is going to last.  The democrats should be embarrassed that this newbie political ignoramus is doing a better job at being a politician than the last guy.

Thank you for that OS, I agree.

• Like 4