Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

POTUS State Of the Union Address 2018

acidhead

41 minutes ago, bee said:

I think that Trump is highly motivated to bring prosperity to Black and Hispanic people... 
Because IMO he has a Fair and Good Heart..

:blink:  Have you been talking to Ravenhawk lately? 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

:blink:  Have you been talking to Ravenhawk lately? 

Oh I'm sorry - did I say something nice about the POTUS... :blink:

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

You’re not paying attention to what I’m saying.  Trump’s speech was not divisive.

Man you can keep screaming the grass is purple all you want it doesn't make it so.  Do you honestly not think black Americans took note of his "that's why we stand for the anthem" comment? Sorry that was by definition divisive, I understand that you don't see it that way but for those who are suffering at the hands of an overreaching corrupt and violent government authority (I refer you to the Baltimore PD thread I started) what Trump said was a direct slap in the face. The fact that he did it in the same speech that he touted lower black unemployment rates makes it particularly offensive IMO. 

Based on his record his religious liberty comment also was speaking directly to people who want the right to discriminate against other human beings. Again I understand that's not divisive to you but to anyone who thinks that discrimination is wrong it is. 

I get that you like what he had to say so you didn't find it divisive. 

• Like 2

God I hate identity politics. Why do you assume every black person is for rejecting the anthem?

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 7

Truth is Dem leaders don't want black people to have good decent paying jobs. They need them to be dependent.  

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

God I hate identity politics. Why do you assume every black person is for rejecting the anthem?

I don't, in fact I say that in the context of the NFL protests of police violence absolutely none of them are. They were just bringing attention to a problem. 

• Like 1

Why do you assume every black person thinks police brutality is a major problem? Ive seen several video's of black folks blaming the culture for their problems with police. And looking at the stats that probably isn't too far off.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Why do you assume every black person thinks police brutality is a major problem? Ive seen several video's of black folks blaming the culture for their problems with police. And looking at the stats that probably isn't too far off.

I don't think every black person thinks police brutality is a major problem. Just that enough do to make Trumps comments divisive, and intentionally so.

Oh and for the record as a white guy I also am concerned about government authorities being able to kill with impunity so I too was somewhat offended by the remark considering the context. Its not just about race. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I don't think every black person thinks police brutality is a major problem. Just that enough do to make Trumps comments divisive, and intentionally so.

Oh and for the record as a white guy I also am concerned about government authorities being able to kill with impunity so I too was somewhat offended by the remark considering the context. Its not just about race. 

So you think Trump thinks the government in general should just be able to kill Americans? That's what you got from his speech? You were going to be offended no matter what he said. Do you also believe ms-13 is a fox news invented gang that no one should concern themselves with, like over at CNN?

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 8

Trump is no more divisive than Obama was.   People can read stuff into anything they want. 

I think Trump is an idiot in many ways.   His speech was pretty decent though.   The Dems had a sick up their butts and it showed. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

Trump is no more divisive than Obama was.   People can read stuff into anything they want. 

I think Trump is an idiot in many ways.   His speech was pretty decent though.   The Dems had a sick up their butts and it showed. 

Personally I wouldn't say in many ways, but a couple for sure. Why the hell is Jeff Sessions still around?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Of course not, Churchill won. Same as how the Spitfire is a marvel and all who flew them heroes, while the Messerschmidt reviled and all who flew them villains.

But those words, those specific words, that specific symbol have become so infused with evil that their use now can only evoke evil.

Enjoy Hats  https://www.warhistoryonline.com/guest-bloggers/newly-restored-messerschmitt-bf109g-flies-test-pilot-shares-experience.html

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Personally I wouldn't say in many ways, but a couple for sure. Why the hell is Jeff Sessions still around?

Trump can't get rid of him because Mueller is trying to gather evidence to bring charges for a "pattern of obstruction" (a ridiculous charge BTW).  Firing Sessions would trigger Mueller (He fired Sessions to impede Mueller's investigation into collusion.).  As soon as Mueller steps down, which will be sooner than everyone thinks IMHO, we will see movement on a new AG (maybe Gowdy?).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

So you think Trump thinks the government in general should just be able to kill Americans? That's what you got from his speech?

Not at all I just think Trump is choosing the rights and safety of police officers over those of the population. The rolling back of the DOJ police reform efforts highlights that fact perfectly. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You were going to be offended no matter what he said.

Not really. 

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Do you also believe ms-13 is a fox news invented gang that no one should concern themselves with, like over at CNN?

No not at all. I do however think the administrations obsession with them is somewhat comical though.  

Oh and just for the record :

What is MS-13? The 'transnational' street gang on the FBI's radar

Over the years, members of the international gang MS-13 have been convicted of a number of crimes across the country, ranging from racketeering to murder. MS-13, also known as La Mara Salvatrucha is also one of the largest criminal organizations in the United States, according to the US Attorney's Office in Massachusetts.

Here is some background on the gang that caused the FBI to start a task force to tackle the criminal enterprise.

Ironically nowhere in the background information does it say "made up by foxnews" 

The things you post about the MSM often seem like urban legends, they sound terrifying and just close enough to reality to almost be true but a simple google search shows you that they have published dozens of articles on MS-13 

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man you can keep screaming the grass is purple all you want it doesn't make it so.  Do you honestly not think black Americans took note of his "that's why we stand for the anthem" comment? Sorry that was by definition divisive,

I don't necessarily disagree but have to point out that the vast, vast majority of black NFL players stand for the anthem.

• Like 3

Trump's first State of the Union was positively received by the majority of viewers, according to new CBS polls. In fact, he did very well.

Viewers approve of Trump's first State of the Union address - CBS News poll

CBS News

image.jpg

That makes those sitting Dems look even more salty. 3/4 of the country thought it was a great speech. Wth is their problem?

Eight in 10 Americans who watched tonight felt that the president was trying to unite the country, rather than divide it.  Two-thirds said the speech made them feel proud, though just a third said it made them feel safer.  Fewer said the speech made them feel angry or scared.

So how much more steam is left in the "Trump is racist!" mantra? 

For reference:

This CBS News 2018 survey is based on 1,178 interviews conducted on the internet of U.S. residents who watched the State of the Union Address. Panelists were previously interviewed on January 29-30, 2018 to indicate whether they planned to watch the address, and if they were willing to be re-interviewed after the address. Questions asked during this initial interview have the note "Asked before the SOTU address.'' The margin of error is +/- 3.1%. 

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Man you can keep screaming the grass is purple all you want it doesn't make it so.  Do you honestly not think black Americans took note of his "that's why we stand for the anthem" comment? Sorry that was by definition divisive,

Who’s screaming?  And the grass is green.  You not only didn’t listen to what I’m saying, you are not listening to what you are saying.  You’re doing exactly what people are accusing Trump of doing.  As Preach mentioned – identity politics.  You’re saying that all Blacks are unpatriotic.  Trump was not making any distinction in color.  The current example is made up of mostly spoiled wealthy Blacks disrespecting this nation because Obama had enabled that behavior.  It doesn’t matter what color you are, you need to be made an example of.  I really don’t think that all Blacks are that shallow to think Trump is talking about them.  It’s just another ploy by the Progs to create anarchy so that they can persuade people that they are the answer.  And I find it disgusting to imply that Blacks that support Trump are Uncle Toms.  But I don’t suppose you see what you are doing?  No, by definition his speech is not divisive.  It is putting America’s best foot forward.  What is divisive is the prog playbook and Obama spread it out liberally.  You just don’t realize the damage Obama did in 8 years.

I understand that you don't see it that way but for those who are suffering at the hands of an overreaching corrupt and violent government authority (I refer you to the Baltimore PD thread I started) what Trump said was a direct slap in the face. The fact that he did it in the same speech that he touted lower black unemployment rates makes it particularly offensive IMO. 

We all suffer at the hands of abuse.  No, you don’t understand because you’ve been brainwashed by 8 years under Obama and his divisiveness.  I guess my Bible quote went right over your head??  Yes, Police brutality happens (perhaps more in Prog controlled cities), but it is not as pervasive as you think.  How many threads have been started showing that factiod?  Stigmatizing the police from the community isn’t how you fix that.  That only plays into the hands of the Progs.  I guess you missed some of the guests that Trump had at the SOTU.  For every incident of police brutality, there are hundreds of Holets and Dahlbergs.  These first responders run toward the sound of gunfire and some day they will be there to save your worthless ar$e.  You’re going to want them to exert their muscle to ensure you are safe.

Based on his record his religious liberty comment also was speaking directly to people who want the right to discriminate against other human beings. Again I understand that's not divisive to you but to anyone who thinks that discrimination is wrong it is. 

And you are so wrong.  People just want to be left alone to worship in the manner they please.  The LGBTQ community is perhaps the most bigoted group in this country.  They are the intolerant ones.  You don’t see orthodox Christians seeking out LGBTQ business to sue.  Unless it is a matter of Public Accommodation Law, any business should be able to discriminate against any group they please.  The other side of that is that if you are an orthodox Christian, then you shouldn’t be in a position where Public Accommodation applies.  Trump is standing up for fairness.  Fairness goes two ways, not something claimed by special interest groups only.  Again, this special privilege stuff espoused by the Left is what is divisive.  Everyone should be equal.  It’s very difficult when the Progs sow the seeds of identity politics.

I get that you like what he had to say so you didn't find it divisive. 

I didn’t set out to call it divisive in the first place without listening to it first.  I understand that there were sensitive moments in his speech but if you took in the entire speech, he was telling people to take a chill pill and get with the program.  We are all Americans.  Not African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, LGBTQ-Americans, Heterosexual-Americans, etc.  As John Wayne stated, the ‘hyphen’ is what is divisive and right now, that is the Progs motto.  It is not the originator of the speech or the speech itself, but the audience of the speech that is being divisive.  And it is as planned according to the pavlovian training and conditioning by the Progs.  It’s time to break the cycle, free the slaves, and burn down the plantation.  That is what Trump is doing.

• Like 2

Just now, RavenHawk said:

You’re saying that all Blacks are unpatriotic.

Oh please do tell how I am saying that. 

9 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

The current example is made up of mostly spoiled wealthy Blacks disrespecting this nation because Obama had enabled that behavior. 

Actually I do believe it was the founding fathers with this little thing called the constitution that are culpable for Kaepernick's behavior. 

10 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

It doesn’t matter what color you are, you need to be made an example of. 

For exercising free speech? Good to know where you stand on the constitution 

12 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, Police brutality happens (perhaps more in Prog controlled cities), but it is not as pervasive as you think. 

Just making stuff up doesn't make it true. I am more well versed on the issue than I probably should be. 

13 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

I guess you missed some of the guests that Trump had at the SOTU.  For every incident of police brutality, there are hundreds of Holets and Dahlbergs.  These first responders run toward the sound of gunfire and some day they will be there to save your worthless ar$e.  You’re going to want them to exert their muscle to ensure you are safe.

This is right up there with the "hate cops call a crackhead next time you need help" retort. 

Where your simplistic us vs them argument falls short is I don't hate cops , not even a little bit. I do love freedom however and I see a problem with police nationwide becoming "warrior cops" over the last couple of decades. The systems are broken and they need to be fixed. Suggesting that is in no way anti police nor is it unpatriotic. 

17 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

And you are so wrong.  People just want to be left alone to worship in the manner they please. 

Really? The federal government argued on the behalf of people who were choosing to violate their state's anti discrimination law.  Like ive been saying this whole time that's not divisive to you because you agree with it. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Hell yes I do!  I believe in America.

21 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Exactly my point. You're a believer in Trump so you don't see the division he sews as being something he's doing. 

b62.jpg

I guess in order to believe in America you have to be a Trump supporter... and that’s “divisive”...

Well... my momma always says, “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em” (actually, now that I think about it, that was Bugs Bunny)... let’s all be divisive together, where do I sign up?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Alaric said:

I guess in order to believe in America you have to be a Trump supporter... and that’s “divisive”...

Man the hyperbole coming from you guys is pretty concerning. You have to be a trump supporter to believe in America? Yikes 

RavenHawk: “I believe in America”

Farmer77: “Exactly my point. You’re a believer in Trump...”

I don’t think I’m the only one seeing that something is being lost in translation here...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Alaric said:

RavenHawk: “I believe in America”

Farmer77: “Exactly my point. You’re a believer in Trump...”

I don’t think I’m the only one seeing that something is being lost in translation here...

You are definitely not the only one.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

This is why we stand.

DUZiZdJW0AEBdZd.jpg

I think Trump would have been more divisive if he said he supports not standing for the anthem.   

• Like 3