Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tigress with toothache 'seeks out human help'

Still Waters

An exhausted Siberian tigress - one of only 500 still living in the wild - came out of the wild in Khabarovsk region and lay down on the porch of a house in the village Solontsovy, blocking the door. 

Resident Galina Tsimarno explained how her neighbour came across his unexpected visitor. 

'Alexey Khaideyev came across a tiger on his porch,' she said.

'He and his wife and grandmother live on the outskirts of the village, near the river and forest. He wanted to go out to the yard in the morning, but his door was pressed by 'someone' from outside. 

http://siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/the-tigress-who-came-in-from-the-wild-because-she-needed-a-dentist/

• Like 7

She might of been raised in captivity and released into the wild. 

• Like 5

I've read several stories about whales and dolphins seeking help and occasionally foxes and other animals.  Kind of restores some of my faith in humanity when we actually help.  I think it is a western notion that all of nature is "red in tooth and claw"  all of the time.  Still, I would take precautions around a tiger with a tooth ache.

• Like 6

Well done Humanity! No one freaked out and the welfare of the tiger was paramount from the very start. The cat may have been a release into the wild, but who can say? I've personally seen stranger things with animals in the fifty years I've been hunting and trapping. I bet Piney would have more than a few observations of his own. Hail brother, greetings to you from a Manitoba Metis.

Hank

Edited by Hankenhunter
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I've read several stories about whales and dolphins seeking help and occasionally foxes and other animals.  Kind of restores some of my faith in humanity when we actually help.  I think it is a western notion that all of nature is "red in tooth and claw"  all of the time.  Still, I would take precautions around a tiger with a tooth ache.

If you know how their mind works, you know how not to get hurt and live together with mutual respect. My Grandpop Joseph never carried a weapon when stump jumping and I  don't. I carried a revolver in case of rustlers, illegal pot growers and meth cookers. Never mountain lions, coyotes and bears. I understand their nature. I know how to avoid aggravating them and I'm aware of my surroundings enough not to get too close.

• Like 2

I would be willing to bet that she came into town because there were no predators that she feared  even close to the town of men ( including her own kind) and she came there to die. most animals will find some private place and or safe place  where there are no predators when they are dying. in this case she came to the one place where not all the predators were predators and were willing to help once they fiqured out  what  and why.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I would be willing to bet that she came into town because there were no predators that she feared  even close to the town of men ( including her own kind) and she came there to die. most animals will find some private place and or safe place  where there are no predators when they are dying. in this case she came to the one place where not all the predators were predators and were willing to help once they fiqured out  what  and why.

That's possible!:tu:

Mountain lions who have had interaction with humans where the human left them alone or never tried to harm them will leave humans alone. Ones that are messed with are the ones that always attack. A mountain lion will stalk a ranch hand for their dog or horse. But never the person themselves because we smell too bad to be edible.

• Like 1

wonder if the tigress just choose any house to seek help or if she quietly studied the least threatening of the humans to approach for assistance. 

On 1.2.2018 at 3:37 AM, Tatetopa said:

I've read several stories about whales and dolphins seeking help and occasionally foxes and other animals. 

Thats correct, example here:

• Like 2

There was also a recent report of two whales interposing themselves between a diver and a tiger shark and pushing the diver toward her boat.  I think she was a Oceanography professor from La Jolla.  I heard it on the car radio on the way to work last week.

Probably starving, wandering aimlessly and wound up on the porch by chance or drawn by the smell of meat. By it's subsequent behavior it doesn't seem overly familiar with humans. 

I remember reading about a man feeding his cattle being attacked by an adolescent bull and being injured and incapacitated. The herd of females interposed themselves between him and the male, keeping him away from their wounded master. The bull met it's fate, shortly thereafter when the man had recovered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...