Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did US lab create a 'humanzee' 100 years ago?

UM-Bot

watch this then..... its a bit freaky,,,, and Ive chosen the shortest vid, ....   DO WATCH!!  Then google the full story if youre interested...you may see the bit where he 'lusted' after a human female...plus he only walks upright  !!!

Edited by seeder
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, seeder said:

watch this then..... its a bit freaky,,,, and Ive chosen the shortest vid, ....   DO WATCH!!  Then google the full story if youre interested...you may see the bit where he 'lusted' after a human female...

I think DNA testing on Oliver has shown him to be fully chimp but I'm not positive. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I think DNA testing on Oliver has shown him to be fully chimp but I'm not positive. 

You are correct. Oliver could have been that genetic freak required to evolve his species. More than a chimp, but less than a human

• Like 7

1 hour ago, seeder said:

watch this then..... its a bit freaky,,,, and Ive chosen the shortest vid, ....   DO WATCH!!  Then google the full story if youre interested...you may see the bit where he 'lusted' after a human female...plus he only walks upright  !!!

Quite disturbing.

• Like 4

I thought this was debunked some time ago

• Like 1

I wonder if there may be a chimpanzee form of autistic savantism? This link is about an autistic ape at the Great Ape Trust here in Iowa:

“That’s when they began to notice that he also showed various autism-like symptoms: lack of eye contact, strict adherence to rituals or routines, repetitive behaviors, and an interest in objects rather than in social contact.”

https://spectrumnews.org/opinion/an-ape-with-autism/

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, simplybill said:

I wonder if there may be a chimpanzee form of autistic savantism? This link is about an autistic ape at the Great Ape Trust here in Iowa:

“That’s when they began to notice that he also showed various autism-like symptoms: lack of eye contact, strict adherence to rituals or routines, repetitive behaviors, and an interest in objects rather than in social contact.”

https://spectrumnews.org/opinion/an-ape-with-autism/

I wouldn't be surprised if the autism stemmed from a chromosomal disorder.

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yup, he was fully chimp.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_the_chimpanzee#Genetic_testing

Edited by Piney
  • Like 5

This was the most disturbing thing I have read in awhile.. Damn how am I going to be able to sleep tonight. :no:

• Like 2

I'm still trying to fathom why they would even attempt this. What would there to be gained by a human/ape hybrid? Slavery, cheap labour, or much much worse? Some things should just be left well enough alone. Religion doesn't even enter into this. Ethics and morality should have scrubbed this when the idea was suggested. Sorry, rant over.

Hank

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I see nothing good in this kind of experiment.

There were a lot experiments that were morally skewered and senseless. But Nazis and Stalinists did them anyway.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Piney said:

There were a lot experiments that were morally skewered and senseless. But Nazis and Stalinists did them anyway.

And all other country battled to get the data afterward...and used them for themselves...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, seanjo said:

What would be the point of this "experiment"?

Same reason we left the trees and split the atom.

Monkey curiosity. 

Can it be done?  If so, what will it be like? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Hankenhunter said:

I'm still trying to fathom why they would even attempt this. What would there to be gained by a human/ape hybrid? Slavery, cheap labour, or much much worse? Some things should just be left well enough alone. Religion doesn't even enter into this. Ethics and morality should have scrubbed this when the idea was suggested. Sorry, rant over.

Hank

Understanding of genetics.

• Like 3

An apocryphal tale that's been floating around for years with no supporting collateral data. It belongs in the same file as alien bodies recover at Roswell.   

• Like 4

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes while the other great apes have 24 pairs. Therefore the sperm of one cannot fertilize the egg of the other, so there can be no hybrid.    

• Like 3

10 hours ago, seanjo said:

What would be the point of this "experiment"? To create a Human sub-species? If so why? Slave labour?...I see nothing good in this kind of experiment.

That being said, I'm pretty sure it is impossible for Human and Chimp to conceive, so this is a fake story.

I'm not so sure. There are plenty of cases of hybridation among similar species and the generic separation between humans and chimps is still quite recent. Most likely you would get an infertile hybrid, like mules, but I wouldn't be very surprised if it was possible.

Still, as stated above, I can't see any positive outcomes of such an experiment. It's just onr of those "let'd do it because we can" jobs that usually lead to regret. If it was ever really attempted.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maxcred said:

Humans have 23 pairs of chromosomes while the other great apes have 24 pairs.    

This is true.

6 hours ago, maxcred said:

Therefore the sperm of one cannot fertilize the egg of the other, so there can be no hybrid.    

This does not necessarily follow.  There are examples of interbreeding between species with different numbers of chromosomes, including mammals.

• Like 5

I wonder if hybrids have perhaps been born before. Now and then you read about animals, like calves ans sheep, being born with a human face. Then we have the story about the minotaur, who was said to be the child of King Minos' wife Pasiphae and a bull, the ancient Minoans worshipped bulls.

On 1/31/2018 at 10:17 PM, Hankenhunter said:

Hank

Just to see if it could be done.  

I don't think it can.

I think they just liked @&$*%!# that monkey.

18 minutes ago, TripGun said:

I think they just liked @&$*%!# that monkey.

@&$*%!# = "working with"

11 hours ago, fred_mc said:

I wonder if hybrids have perhaps been born before. Now and then you read about animals, like calves ans sheep, being born with a human face. Then we have the story about the minotaur, who was said to be the child of King Minos' wife Pasiphae and a bull, the ancient Minoans worshipped bulls.

Skull deformations are not hybrids and the Greek legend was just their explanation for the Minoan bull god. 

• Like 3