Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New study finds that polar bears are starving

UM-Bot

Not to be flippant, but if we moved some of the polar bears somehow to the South Pole, could they survive?  Would Penguins then be at risk?  Can we catch and dump fish for them?  They are beautiful animals and need our help to survive.  We need to preserve what we can.

56 minutes ago, paperdyer said:

Not to be flippant, but if we moved some of the polar bears somehow to the South Pole, could they survive?  Would Penguins then be at risk?  Can we catch and dump fish for them?  They are beautiful animals and need our help to survive.  We need to preserve what we can.

Not with the south polar icecaps melting and it would decimate the penguin population because they've never seen a land predator.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Piney said:

@third_eye  posted about this some time ago. This is nothing new. :(

It's not the same story - this one is about the findings of a new study published on Feb 2nd.

• Like 2

I read it was not unusual for polar bears to be staving part of the year. The question is if they are starving for longer, or are even for starving during the normal time they starve. This study would seem to say yes, but I've seen a lot of bias on this issue, with people trying to argue for the bears entirely by pulling heartstrings. Others have noted that there are supposedly More Bears now then ever recorded before. So, then it may be a case of limited food, with an increase in predation, so then, again, there would be more starving.

• Like 1

This sucks. 

It's just the tip of the iceberg, though.

If there are icebergs left.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:02 PM, Manatee28 said:

Hmmm...somehow I feel that this picture here might be more appropriate, don't you think?   link

starving polar bear2.jpg

If there are large numbers of bears who look like that, then maybe. For all we know this bear is equivalent to a 90 year old person.

I saw a documentary couple years back making the same claims, but they couldn't seem to find any bears that looked unhealthy at all. Even as they told people the bears were starving to death. I remember even saying to myself, man you think they would have found some unhealthy looking bears to make this point. Nearly all big predators go through a hard part of the year.

These people want to take complete control over all human activity. Power hungry thieves are what they are. You can tell by their so called solutions. Which is massive financial gains through taxation. Al Gore has benefitted enough over global warming.