Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A great earthquake shaking coming March 2018?

Chocolate Cake Guy

1 minute ago, kartikg said:

Have you guys ever seen a doom prophet give away all his money and goods because they will be no longer needed after the 'day'? 

No just kill themselves while leading their followers into a mass suicide....:mellow:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

Hey cake guy, a quick question- does a sasquatch have a soul?

you tell me

23 hours ago, Podo said:

Prophecies in hindsight are nothing more than wishful thinking.

I can respect that answer

Cake Guy

2 hours ago, stereologist said:

The only ones I heard about were people pretending to have prophetic dreams. It was just another case of, "The best predictions are the ones made after the fact."

Again, I can respect that point of view.

Cake Guy

14 hours ago, Kenemet said:

MMmkay.  I checked.  I was surprised to find out that apparently the highest tsunami wave recorded was 1720 feet (I've seen that place, by the way) - with the caveat that it was only in a fairly narrow valley and was only that high right at the impact point.  After 4 miles it was only 20-30 feet high and once it hit the ocean it was fairly trivial: https://geology.com/records/biggest-tsunami.shtml

I do not see a scenario where a giant wave is created in the unbounded ocean and where said giant wave keeps its height for even as small a distance as a hundred miles.

Hi Kenemet, I'll give you what I believe is another possible scenario for that kind of extremely large tsunami height.  A good portion of the land in southern California is actually sitting on a shelf with ocean water underlying it.   Hypothetically speaking, if an enormous quake were to strike along the main fault lines, this shelf could conceivably break away, causing an enormous displacement of water that would develop into a record size tsunami as depicted in the movies "2012" and "San Andreas" and in the 1937 Joe Brandt Prophetic Dream (below).

Cake Guy

34 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Hi Kenemet, I'll give you what I believe is another possible scenario for that kind of extremely large tsunami height.  A good portion of the land in southern California is actually sitting on a shelf with ocean water underlying it.   Hypothetically speaking, if an enormous quake were to strike along the main fault lines, this shelf could conceivably break away, causing an enormous displacement of water that would develop into a record size tsunami as depicted in the movies "2012" and "San Andreas" and in the 1937 Joe Brandt Prophetic Dream (below).

Cake Guy

Credible citation for this statement?

For your edification:

http://earthguide.ucsd.edu/seafloorscience/slopes/slopes_slides.html

https://soundwaves.usgs.gov/2005/02/fieldwork2.html

@Chocolate Cake Guy Well the members here have proven your knowledge of geology, volcanology and seismology is absolutely zero. What were you saying about my credibility?  

6 hours ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

you tell me

In my opinion, no, even if they were real, which I don't think they are. So, what do you think?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Cake Guy

The shelf is not a shelf like a bookshelf but a lower area of land (continental shelf)... There's no ocean lying under it.  If there's a shelf collapse, it collapses toward the ocean and not toward land.  The reason the Alaska event got a lot of height was that a landslide hit the water (kinetic energy hitting the ocean.)  In the case of an underwater landslide, the mechanics are much different.  The pressure wave would tend to travel forwards (toward the ocean) and not back towards land.

The 2004 earthquake (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake_and_tsunami) only produced waves 25 feet in height and only on lands fairly close to the earthquake itself.

The San Andreas fault lies considerably to the east of Los Angeles, and the movement is south-to-north.  It's not falling under anything: san-andreas-fault-map.jpg

Of late, some Hollywood movies have been so bad that scientists have had to put out disclaimers on the misinformation.  You shouldn't expect a "Sharknado" to show up any time soon nor should you expect the scenarios in these movies to occur.

And Joe Brandt's dreams came in 1937... 70 years ago.  

Re Joe Brandt - you can read the dream here: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/joebrandt.htm  (note:  I did not bother to watch the video.  You don't know if videos are telling you the truth.  The story at that website, however, is the one found in the original book and not someone's interpretation (and possibly cleaned up to make it look more accurate.)  While the video may lead you to another conclusion, you can see from the original text that it's clearly missed the mark.

This is very obviously a "prophecy" from the 1960's (describes hippies...but nothing more modern than that.)  It also mentions the Grand Canyon "closes up", which wouldn't happen since it's an erosional feature and not a fault-created feature.   Los Angeles (and sinful Hollywood) go sliding off into the ocean, but San Francisco (right on the San Andreas fault line) is magically "less affected."  Yet Nevada (on the OTHER side of the fault line) is somehow affected.  

Hawaii gets wet but it's Japan that gets hit hard.  Sicily gets erased (but somehow Italy and North Africa don't?)

It's pretty clear this is just a "pious imagining" and isn't really possible.

As I said, if this is the kind of data you are using, you will never arrive at any truth.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Swede said:

Hi Swede, it has been awhile since I looked at the underwater coastline of southern cal.  But you stirred my curiosity so I revisited it.  I could have sworn that a portion of southern cal had a inclining shelf under the land mass.  I guess memory served me wrong and I stand corrected.

Cake Guy

California Shelf.png

6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

As I said, if this is the kind of data you are using, you will never arrive at any truth.

It's not about the truth is about wishing death and carnage on innocent people.....

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

as depicted in the movies "2012" and "San Andreas" .

Cake Guy

You cite disaster movies as sources proving my prime projection is accurate.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kenemet said:

The shelf is not a shelf like a bookshelf but a lower area of land (continental shelf)... There's no ocean lying under it.  If there's a shelf collapse, it collapses toward the ocean and not toward land.  The reason the Alaska event got a lot of height was that a landslide hit the water (kinetic energy hitting the ocean.)  In the case of an underwater landslide, the mechanics are much different.  The pressure wave would tend to travel forwards (toward the ocean) and not back towards land.

The 2004 earthquake (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Indian_Ocean_earthquake_and_tsunami) only produced waves 25 feet in height and only on lands fairly close to the earthquake itself.

The San Andreas fault lies considerably to the east of Los Angeles, and the movement is south-to-north.  It's not falling under anything: san-andreas-fault-map.jpg

Of late, some Hollywood movies have been so bad that scientists have had to put out disclaimers on the misinformation.  You shouldn't expect a "Sharknado" to show up any time soon nor should you expect the scenarios in these movies to occur.

And Joe Brandt's dreams came in 1937... 70 years ago.  

Re Joe Brandt - you can read the dream here: http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/joebrandt.htm  (note:  I did not bother to watch the video.  You don't know if videos are telling you the truth.  The story at that website, however, is the one found in the original book and not someone's interpretation (and possibly cleaned up to make it look more accurate.)  While the video may lead you to another conclusion, you can see from the original text that it's clearly missed the mark.

This is very obviously a "prophecy" from the 1960's (describes hippies...but nothing more modern than that.)  It also mentions the Grand Canyon "closes up", which wouldn't happen since it's an erosional feature and not a fault-created feature.   Los Angeles (and sinful Hollywood) go sliding off into the ocean, but San Francisco (right on the San Andreas fault line) is magically "less affected."  Yet Nevada (on the OTHER side of the fault line) is somehow affected.  

Hawaii gets wet but it's Japan that gets hit hard.  Sicily gets erased (but somehow Italy and North Africa don't?)

It's pretty clear this is just a "pious imagining" and isn't really possible.

Kenemet, the Deep State has been involved with interference of the media for years (Operation Mockingbird).  And this link https://www.amazon.com/CIA-Hollywood-Agency-Shapes-Television/dp/0292754361 takes us to a number of books that claim that the Deep State is and has been involved in Hollywood film making for sometime.  Yes, I agree that "Sharknado" wasn't one of them, ha, ha.  But the point that I am trying to make here, is that I believe that "they" know quite a bit about the future (especially since to a large degree, I believe "they" create the future - 'Order out of Chaos') and that "they" are compelled to state the future before it actually happens.  I truly believe that "they" think that by proclaiming the future through TV movies and TV series etc, it actually empowers the event to take place in a greater way, than if it weren't proclaimed.

Now, some of you might be aware of some US Navy maps of America's future, purported to have been around since the 60's that depict a much different looking America with Death Valley turning into an inland sea.  http://meridianintl.co/updated-us-navy-map-of-future-america.html  Edgar Cayce also predicted a similar future US map.

Now as far as the Joe Brandt dream is concerned, I don't need to open your link to the dream, since I have my own copy, and the video that I sent out, does match the handwritten version by the way.

"And Joe Brandt's dreams came in 1937... 70 years ago"  All the more amazing in my eyes. 

"Los Angeles (and sinful Hollywood) go sliding off into the ocean, but San Francisco (right on the San Andreas fault line) is magically "less affected.""

You are probably referring to the following excerpt from the dream right? 

"Then, like looking at a huge map of the world, I could see what was happening on the land and with the people. San Francisco
was feeling it, but she was not in any way like Hollywood or Los Angeles.
"

It does appear that San Francisco escaped the brunt of the destruction doesn't it?  Unfortunately, there is more to the story ...keep reading:

"Then, like looking at a huge map of the world, I could see what was happening on the land and with the people. San Francisco was feeling it, but she was not in any way like Hollywood or Los Angeles.  It was moving just like that earthquake movie with Jeanette McDonald and Gable. I could see all those mountains coming together...I knew it was going to happen to San Francisco--it was going to turn over--it would turn upside down. It went quickly, because of the twisting, I guess. It seemed much faster than Hollywood"

"Hawaii gets wet but it's Japan that gets hit hard.  Sicily gets erased (but somehow Italy and North Africa don't?)"  Again you are taking parts of the dream out of context, Brandt clearly stated that a lot of these disasters like South America, Venezuela volcano, 'Japan going into the sea' (The 2018 Japanese disasters?) happened about 3 months prior to the US west coast earthquake.  All of these disasters didn't occur on the same day from one event.

"I saw the map of South America, especially Colombia.  Another volcano--eruption--shaking violently. I seemed to be seeing a movie of three months before--before the Hollywood earthquake. Venezuela seemed to be having some kind of volcanic activity. Away off in the distance, I could see Japan, on a fault, too. It was so far off--not easy to see because I was still on Big Bear Mountain, but it started to go into the sea. I couldn't hear screaming, but I could see the surprised look on their faces. They looked so
surprised. Japanese girls are made well, supple, easy, muscles that move well. Pretty, too. But they were all like dolls. It was so far away I could hardly see it. In a minute or two it seemed over. Everybody was gone. There was nobody left.
"

Below is an another excerpt from the Joe Brandt dream describing the Los Angeles area tilting like a picnic table, which was depicted in the movie 2012 by the way:

"And the waters kept oozing--oozing. The cries. God, it was awful. I woke up.  I never want to have that dream again. 

It came again. Like the first time which was a preview and all I could remember was that it was the end of the world. I was right back there--all that crying. Right in the middle of it. My eardrums felt as if they were going to burst. Noise everywhere. People falling down, some of them hurt badly. Pieces of buildings, chips, flying in the air. One hit me hard on the side of the face, but I didn't seem to feel it. I wanted to wake up, to get away from this place. It had been fun in the beginning, the first dream, when I kind of knew I was going to dream the end of the world or something. This was terrible. There were older people in cars. Most of the kids were on the street. But those old guys were yelling bloody murder, as if anybody could help them. Nobody could help anybody. It was then I felt myself lifted up.  Maybe I had died. I don't know. But I was over the city. It was tilting
toward the ocean--like a picnic table. 

The buildings were holding, better than you could believe. They were holding. They were holding. They were holding. 

The people saw they were holding and they tried to cling to them or get inside. It was fantastic. Like a building had a will of its own. Everything else breaking around them, and they were holding, holding. I was up over them--looking down. I started to root for them. "Hold that line," I said. "Hold that line. Hold that line. Hold that line." I wanted to
cheer, to shout, to scream. If the buildings held, those buildings on the Boulevard, maybe the girl--the girl with the two kids--maybe she could get inside. It looked that way for a long time, maybe three minutes, and three minutes was like forever. You knew they were going to hold, even if the waters kept coming up. Only they didn't. 

I've never imagined what it would be like for a building to die. A building dies just like a person. It gives way, some of the bigger ones did just that. They began to crumble, like an old man with palsy, who couldn't take it anymore. They crumbled right down to nothing. And the little ones screamed like mad--over and above the roar of the people. They were mad about dying.  But buildings die.
"

Chocolate Cake Guy

8 hours ago, Piney said:

It's not about the truth is about wishing death and carnage on innocent people.....

Its disgusting, isnt it?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toast said:

Its disgusting, isnt it?

Especially since I was once a rescue worker who also ran International humanitarian aid with ARC.:mellow:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Yes, I agree that "Sharknado" wasn't one of them, ha, ha.  But the point that I am trying to make here, is that I believe that "they" know quite a bit about the future (especially since to a large degree, I believe "they" create the future - 'Order out of Chaos') and that "they" are compelled to state the future before it actually happens.  I truly believe that "they" think that by proclaiming the future through TV movies and TV series etc, it actually empowers the event to take place in a greater way, than if it weren't proclaimed.

Now, some of you might be aware of some US Navy maps of America's future, purported to have been around since the 60's that depict a much different looking America with Death Valley turning into an inland sea.  http://meridianintl.co/updated-us-navy-map-of-future-america.html  Edgar Cayce also predicted a similar future US map.

Chocolate Cake Guy

Atlantis and Lemuria. 2 continents that never existed are on those maps. They don't even match the projected sea level rise maps put out by USGS and there is no proof this is a leaked Navy map. Just a map altered by "Paint" and "Photoshop".

This garbage really gets you off doesn't it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

and the hit and run poster runs again..........

And he is recruiting here

2 hours ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Now, some of you might be aware of some US Navy maps of America's future, purported to have been around since the 60's that depict a much different looking America with Death Valley turning into an inland sea.  http://meridianintl.co/updated-us-navy-map-of-future-america.html

It is quite obvious that you are not even aware of the nature of your references.

• This source (in this particular incidence) presents an amalgamation of maps based upon a number of factors unrelated to your primary premise.
  • Many of the maps are based upon hypothetical maximum sea-level rise due to potential climate-related basin changes.
  • Some of the maps are based more upon demographics.
  • Another of the maps is based upon New Madrid fault effects (mid North American continent).
  • One map is even based upon the marine incursions that occurred during the mid to late Cretaceous/early Paleogene and are essentially associated with the latter stages of the break-up of Pangea.
  • Many of these maps post-date the 1960s by many decades.

Fail. Again.

Edit: Piney, missed your earlier contribution. Apologies for the redundancy.

Edited by Swede
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, toast said:

Thank you Toast I'm about to use this ammo. He is fitting my psychological profile of being a sociopath and pathological liar more and more

• Like 1

Hi folks, I just wanted to let you all know, that there is an intense (heated?) discussion going on right now as I speak, about the above set of predictions on the "Unexplained-Mysteries.com" site in the 'forum tab' under the thread name of "A great earthquake shaking coming March 2018?".  You might want to visit the site and check out the battle.

Chocolate Cake Guy

What's so intense? Your getting intellectually slaughtered by your sheer ignorance of any science. @Chocolate Cake Guy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Kenemet, the Deep State has been involved with interference of the media for years (Operation Mockingbird).  And this link https://www.amazon.com/CIA-Hollywood-Agency-Shapes-Television/dp/0292754361 takes us to a number of books that claim that the Deep State is and has been involved in Hollywood film making for sometime.  Yes, I agree that "Sharknado" wasn't one of them, ha, ha.  But the point that I am trying to make here, is that I believe that "they" know quite a bit about the future (especially since to a large degree, I believe "they" create the future - 'Order out of Chaos') and that "they" are compelled to state the future before it actually happens.  I truly believe that "they" think that by proclaiming the future through TV movies and TV series etc, it actually empowers the event to take place in a greater way, than if it weren't proclaimed.

But I do not believe that there's an efficient, controlling entity that's actually governing global industry and politics.  That's not credible.  The "deep state" posited on many boards requires this "world government" to be incredibly stupid, to lack the ability to plan, lacking in resources, and unable to acquire power or materials in any meaningful way.

You're probably not old enough to remember the way the media worked in America during WWII and the aftermath and the tight control of the McCarthy era and I don't know that you'd have been aware of the same process in Britain at the same time or the way it was handled by the Axis war machines or even the modern control exercised in China.  We've seen a 'deep state' control, and this blundering, chaotic, disorganized,global circus of clowns doesn't even come close.   We've also seen media that influences the future (Star Trek, for example) but little of what's out there is visionary.  There are a few movies that appear to be culture-shaping here in America ("Black Panther", which I am dearly looking forward to seeing, the last "Star Wars", and "Wonder Woman") but the rest are hardly groundbreaking and don't inspire much intercultural dialogue.

Unless you are positing us as clockwork creations, unable to move out of a pre-programmed destiny (and therefore the damned ones were damned billions of years before they were born) the ability of the media to control us is limited and weak, particularly when it's in such a ridiculously chaotic state and particularly when it has such uninteresting stories to tell as a rule.

While someone who was in the Navy might have created that map, even the page you linked shows it listed as "debunked."  The military does not have that as any sort of future prediction (otherwise they'd be moving bases out of those areas long ahead of time.)  To remain in power, any elite has to have control of military units and therefore ordinance storage facilities and the like.  They're not going to put the most secure bunker in the world (or all their NORAD facilities) right in the middle of a place that they think is going to drop into the ocean.  Ditto missile and space launch facilities, major shipbuilding facilities, etc, etc.

It should look more like the end of this video

"And Joe Brandt's dreams came in 1937... 70 years ago"  All the more amazing in my eyes. 

Actually, it appears to be written in 1960.

Below is an another excerpt from the Joe Brandt dream describing the Los Angeles area tilting like a picnic table, which was depicted in the movie 2012 by the way:

Which wouldn't happen.  It'd shift sideways but not downwards.

The scenarios in these movies are not possible.  Scriptwriters seldom bother to learn much about science (or even have scientists proofread their scripts),  Just because someone can imagine it does not mean that they're good at prognosticating... we're not going to see Godzilla stomping Tokyo into a pancake or Mothra flapping around in the skies.  We aren't going to see people and animals getting Superman's powers via exposure to X-Kryptonite (ala Supergirl's companions and Superman's companions) and no serum will alter your genetics in a Jekyll-and-Hyde fashion to turn you (or me) into the Incredible Hulk instantly.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, toast said:

An unwise tactic.  Many boards forbid this kind of "go over and join the fray" post because it causes "board wars" which are not good for either site.  I would recommend that he not try this kind of thing.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

An unwise tactic.  Many boards forbid this kind of "go over and join the fray" post because it causes "board wars" which are not good for either site.  I would recommend that he not try this kind of thing.

They're not exactly agreeing with him.:lol:

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Piney said:

They're not exactly agreeing with him.:lol:

I love that last comment. "Are you prophesying this or just guessing" :D.  Maybe I could like that forum after all. May check into it if most are sensible like that. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked