Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A great earthquake shaking coming March 2018?

Chocolate Cake Guy

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

It is Unexplained Mysteries, but that doesn't mean that people don't give explanations or their interpretations of what you say.

We're a varied sort.

I don't give much credence to predictions, but you've left them for posterity's sake and that is the main thing!

For some reason your user name amuses me, and I commend you.

thanks for being amused, ha, ha, if my name and reputation get tarnished for any failed predictions, I might have to change my handle, because non of you guys are going to forget the "chocolate cake guy" ha, ha.

So tell me, if you didn't join this site to simply ridicule and belittle others, what "unexplained mysteries" are you interested in.  And just to let you know, I'm expecting an answer, ha, ha,

• Like 1

I'm actually not ridiculing you. 

On the other hand, if there is some catastrophic event coming (just one?) that I can't really avoid...I probably would rather not know about it.

On the chances that you might be correct...I just consulted my fortune-telling fish and it informed me that I'm in love.

That's actually true!

If the fortune-telling fish can be accurate...why not you?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Piney said:

I dropped a line to our "in-house" professional geologist.  

Superheated water is called "steam" and it doesn't "melt" anything but ice

Great, I'm sure he will laugh at me like everyone else.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

thanks for being amused, ha, ha, if my name and reputation get tarnished for any failed predictions, I might have to change my handle, because non of you guys are going to forget the "chocolate cake guy" ha, ha.

So tell me, if you didn't join this site to simply ridicule and belittle others, what "unexplained mysteries" are you interested in.  And just to let you know, I'm expecting an answer, ha, ha,

You came, you said, you predicted.

Let it ride.

Don't have an attitude.

Buy the way, welcome to UM 

- Likely Guy

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm actually not ridiculing you. 

On the other hand, if there is some catastrophic event coming (just one?) that I can't really avoid...I probably would rather not know about it.

On the chances that you might be correct...I just consulted my fortune-telling fish and it informed me that I'm in love.

That's actually true!

But ahh my friend, if we are forewarned we can escape the event.  I have an email list that I send out from time to time to warn folks.  I have quite few people from the Tokyo region on my email list.  And again, the big warning sign that I am looking for is 3 plumes of smoke coming out of the side of Mt. Fuji prior to it erupting.  I just don't know if they will occur seconds or days apart from each other.  But if you hear on the news that a smoke plume has escaped out of the side of Fuji, it will be time for the Tokyians (is that a word) to get out of Dodge!

5 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Babel fish never lies.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Great, I'm sure he will laugh at me like everyone else.

I told you he would laugh at me, the "experts" always do! Time will tell my friend ...time will tell.

I told you he would laugh at me, the "experts" always do! Time will tell my friend ...time will tell.

You just quoted yourself.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

But ahh my friend, if we are forewarned we can escape the event.  I have an email list that I send out from time to time to warn folks.  I have quite few people from the Tokyo region on my email list.  And again, the big warning sign that I am looking for is 3 plumes of smoke coming out of the side of Mt. Fuji prior to it erupting.  I just don't know if they will occur seconds or days apart from each other.  But if you hear on the news that a smoke plume has escaped out of the side of Fuji, it will be time for the Tokyians (is that a word) to get out of Dodge!

Yeah, I guess that's the difference between us.

You think we will be able to escape all of this stuff.

I don't. 

It's gonna be global. 

At some point, there's really nowhere to run to.

4 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

You came, you said, you predicted.

Let it ride.

Don't have an attitude.

Buy the way, welcome to UM 

- Likely Guy

Me having an attitude, ha, ha.  Thanks for the welcome by the way.  Being that I am an old guy and a newbie here, maybe you can help me out.  I'm trying to figure out how to navigate through my post and I'm getting nowhere fast, ha, ha.  Every time I reply to someone I scroll down hoping to answer the next one and there are no next ones.  Then I refresh the screen and scroll back down again.  I know its operator error - I need some help! 

• Like 1

Again!

The voiccccce of reason!

Chocolate Cake Guy and Likely Guy are not related.

I'd like that to be known.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Babel fish never lies.

Can I see a list of the fortune telling fish's predictions?

I'll never find happiness.

I'm happy with that.

8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

somebody has to straighten me out here ...sorry if I am quoting myself  ...i need to figure out how to do this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

Well, it's a pretty simple menu. 

It can tell if you're jealous, indifferent, in love, fickle, false, dead (apparently, it can tell this), or passionate.

It all depends on whether it moves in your hand and whether just the head, the tail or both move.

• Like 1

To tell if your prediction is false, you'd have to be available to hold the fish.

Since you are not, I'll never know. 

Well, until March.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Cake Guy said:

somebody has to straighten me out here ...sorry if I am quoting myself  ...i need to figure out how to do this

It takes a bit.

Wait 'til someone quotes you, ... next to the big +, where it says "quote", hit that right before you reply.

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I dropped a line to our "in-house" professional geologist.  

Superheated water is called "steam" and it doesn't "melt" anything but ice

At 211 degrees F water is still water and not steam, only it's super-heated and it will burn and melt living stuff on contact.

Just now, Likely Guy said:

It takes a bit.

Wait 'til someone quotes you, ... next to the big +, where it says "quote", hit that right before you reply.

did it work this time ...probably not because the "Quote" button is the one that I have been hitting

• Like 1

If you wanted to quote this post, for instance, you'd click on the quote button directly under it.

• Like 1

Yay!

You did it.

• Like 1

If you wanted to quote this post, for instance, you'd click on the quote button directly under it.

That's what I have been doing and what I just did again

• Like 1

See that time it worked. 

Before you were clicking on the wrong quote button and getting your own post. 

• Like 1

Wow...we sure did get derailed.

I have a problem with that. 

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to A great earthquake shaking coming March 2018?
  • The topic was locked