Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nikola Tesla

LightAngel

On 2/7/2018 at 1:30 AM, Derek Willis said:

Einstein refused to accept that quantum mechanics is founded on probability. Did that make him a nut?

Hope not. I'm with Einstein on that one.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. Some people weave a little, along the way.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Hope not. I'm with Einstein on that one.

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. Some people weave a little, along the way.

Well, whether you like it or not, on the quantum level the universe works according to the laws of probability. For example, an electron doesn't definitely follow a particular orbit around a nucleus, but the probability is that it does.

I suppose the definition of what it is to be a "nut" is subjective. Tesla was considered to be a nut because his best friends were pigeons. Some people saw Einstein as a nut because he let his hair grow long. 

51 minutes ago, Derek Willis said:

I suppose the definition of what it is to be a "nut" is subjective. Tesla was considered to be a nut because his best friends were pigeons. Some people saw Einstein as a nut because he let his hair grow long. 

We all love our pets, even if its a spider :)

So.... everybody is a "nut" in their own way!

There is a lot of freedom in that thought!

People shouldn't be afraid to be "different"... because everybody is as different as their fingerprint! - At the same time we are also all the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LightAngel said:

We all love our pets, even if its a spider :)

So.... everybody is a "nut" in their own way!

There is a lot of freedom in that thought!

People shouldn't be afraid to be "different"... because everybody is as different as their fingerprint! - At the same time we are also all the same. 

I'm not criticizing Tesla because his best friends were pigeons, or Einstein because he had long hair at a time when that was unusual in men. I was pointing out that some - small minded - people did that. Tesla and Einstein are among my favorite people - brilliant, individualistic and "different" men who changed the world! Marie Curie is another of my favorite people. She would only eat the bottom half of an apple - but she also changed the world! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

Well, whether you like it or not, on the quantum level the universe works according to the laws of probability. For example, an electron doesn't definitely follow a particular orbit around a nucleus, but the probability is that it does.

So I hear. I'll leave that discussion for another thread, rather than hijacking this one.

6 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

So I hear. I'll leave that discussion for another thread, rather than hijacking this one.

Meandering through related subjects is what discussion is all about - Lightangel started the thread ... someone said Tesla was a nut ... I said if Tesla was a nut then so was Einstein ... and so on.

14 hours ago, Derek Willis said:

I'm not criticizing Tesla because his best friends were pigeons, or Einstein because he had long hair at a time when that was unusual in men. I was pointing out that some - small minded - people did that. Tesla and Einstein are among my favorite people - brilliant, individualistic and "different" men who changed the world! Marie Curie is another of my favorite people. She would only eat the bottom half of an apple - but she also changed the world! 

I know you weren't criticizing them :)

It's often better if we try to understand instead of just criticizing.

• 2 weeks later...

I hardly watch TV even though we have over 50 channels here, but suddenly they post a lot of documentaries about Nikola Tesla on Danish TV.

So I'm happy  :wub:

Edited by LightAngel

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 0:11 AM, Truthseeker007 said:

I have read about this before and I have also found this:

Tesla offered these remarks in an interview he gave to Time at the age of 75:

I think that nothing can be more important than interplanetary communication. It will certainly come someday, and the certitude that there are other human beings in the universe, working, suffering, struggling, like ourselves, will produce a magic effect on mankind and will form the foundation of a universal brotherhood that will last as long as humanity itself.

Few people know that in 1899, while working at his Colorado Springs laboratory, he announced that he had received extraterrestrial radio signals. The scientific community thought he was nuts, and in fact, cosmic radio signals didn’t even exist at the time. One an easily imagine how alone and misunderstood Tesla must have felt.

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2016/07/27/a-rare-glimpse-into-nikola-teslas-communication-with-extraterrestrials/

Interesting article, and yes Tesla must have felt quite alone.   I've wondered what people in ages past saw in the skies but were afraid to say anything.   You know they saw things because they were outside far more than we are.

Tesla had to be excited about these signals from extraterrestrials, but it was way beyond the scope of that age and time.

On 3/23/2018 at 4:54 AM, Brandy333 said:

I've wondered what people in ages past saw in the skies but were afraid to say anything.   

People often only understand things from their own level of perception.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/3/2018 at 6:20 AM, LightAngel said:

they post a lot of documentaries about Nikola Tesla on Danish TV.

Yup.

I saw them all and I'm still hungry for more :D

Nikola Tesla, eh? 

Cheers,
Badeskov

On 17/3/2018 at 6:20 AM, LightAngel said:

I hardly watch TV even though we have over 50 channels here, but suddenly they post a lot of documentaries about Nikola Tesla on Danish TV.

So I'm happy  :wub:

Du skal ikke tro på alt du ser i TV. :innocent:

• Like 1

On 13/4/2018 at 8:35 PM, badeskov said:

Nikola Tesla, eh? 

Cheers,
Badeskov

Cheers.

On 14/4/2018 at 7:35 PM, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Du skal ikke tro på alt du ser i TV. :innocent:

Selvfølgelig ikke :rofl:

1 hour ago, LightAngel said:

Cheers.

Selvfølgelig ikke :rofl:

Specielt ikke Tesla. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

22 minutes ago, badeskov said:

Specielt ikke Tesla. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

Bare rolig, jeg er god til at sortere.

Billedresultat for nikola tesla gif

Anyway, back to English :)

11 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Bare rolig, jeg er god til at sortere.

Billedresultat for nikola tesla gif

Anyway, back to English :)

Back to English indeed. Please do sort very critically :)

Cheers,
Badeskov