Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tomb of female overseer found at Giza

Kenemet

14 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I interpret the glyphs between the seated figure as an explanation of how the geyer lift system operated.

Possibly an engineer (right) explaining the system to a government bureaucratic type official (seated left). I concede the possibility of alternative interpretations not suitable for the family friendly nature of this forum...

It's the "not suitable" interpretations I want to know more about.

That's what I'd say if I weren't a Mod. I'm a Mod, however, so I don't want to encourage you. Too much. :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rashore said:

The doubling effect in the OP image is part of what tricked my pareidolia.. made it more look like the head effect on the top of the "sphinx" for me.

But with the doubling effect.. what happened? Are the pics from the OP much earlier than the clarification you provided? Or is this kind of what can happen in a brief time after a tomb is opened?

Perhaps Kenemet can interpret it better, if she can see it clearer than I'm seeing it. Whatever the case might be, plenty of tombs show evidence of repainting of scenes, even during the course of construction and decoration. Perhaps a different posture or attitude for the figure was desired. I can't be positive myself, but there's precedent for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

Perhaps Kenemet can interpret it better, if she can see it clearer than I'm seeing it. Whatever the case might be, plenty of tombs show evidence of repainting of scenes, even during the course of construction and decoration. Perhaps a different posture or attitude for the figure was desired. I can't be positive myself, but there's precedent for it.

Is this the same as modern day graffiti? 

LOL - have a magic day all.