Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things moved/cold spots, advice plz

massivePwner

I live in the basement of my fairly new home.  i frequently come home to fined that the flags or banners i have hung have been moved around and or taken down. i also get random chills in certain spots and get randomly tense vibes at night. Could this be me overthinking things and being paranoid or could this be rly be something else?

• Like 2

Welcome to UM, massivePwner

That used to happen to me ALL THE TIME! ... then I stopped drinking and it never happened again :w00t:

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Hope you enjoy your time at the best site on the web! :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, massivePwner said:

Could this be me overthinking things and being paranoid or could this be rly be something else?

It could be either.

Does anyone have access to your room that could be doing this? 

At this point you are the best judge of the possibilities.

Sometimes spirits don’t like new people in their haunt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, massivePwner said:

I live in the basement of my fairly new home.  i frequently come home to fined that the flags or banners i have hung have been moved around and or taken down. i also get random chills in certain spots and get randomly tense vibes at night. Could this be me overthinking things and being paranoid or could this be rly be something else?

Welcome to UM,

Sounds like you’re the one who is being pwned.

Seriously though, set up a motion recording camera (cheap webcam and freeware software would suffice). Then you’ll either find a mundane explanation, it will stop, or you’d be the first person ever to capture it really happening.

• Like 2

Hi Just a question of interest. Why do you live in the basement is that your actual new home, the basement.Or are staying in the basement of your new home?..

• Like 5

I worked in a rest home kitchen for five years that was supposed to be haunted. I never really believed until the day things started moving while I watched them.  the short story is a five gallion pot left the shelf it was on, flew across the kitchen and  bounced of a pillar and two walls and scared one of the other cooks terribly.  I watched it happen I was looking right at the pan when it started it's epic flight, at least epic to those of us in the kitchen.  I was about ten feet away and was the closest person to that flight path it did not just fall off the shelf. it was knocked or otherwise flew about twenty five feet over the head of the morning cook. bounced several times and landed next to a dishwasher. even being the kitchen skeptic  when the cook came over to hide behind me I jokingly told her that she needed to say hi to the ghost every morning. she was positive that the kitchen was haunted and was going to quit if she wanted to be left alone. she started doing so that day and for the remaining portion of my five years there I was the only one that whatever  wanted attention was interested everyone else said good morning every day. I don't know what really happened and you will get a varied response about what to do but acknowledging with out doing anything beyond. there are  people who will disagree with me within this group  there ae several possibilities about what to do  ignore it, get someone to bless the house/room, acknowledge it neutrally ( hello Mr ghost was my joking statement that everyone except me started saying every day) my best advice is ignore it unless it gets violent (whatever it is) or insistant.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I worked in a rest home kitchen for five years that was supposed to be haunted. I never really believed until the day things started moving while I watched them.  the short story is a five gallion pot left the shelf it was on, flew across the kitchen and  bounced of a pillar and two walls and scared one of the other cooks terribly.  I watched it happen I was looking right at the pan when it started it's epic flight, at least epic to those of us in the kitchen.  I was about ten feet away and was the closest person to that flight path it did not just fall off the shelf. it was knocked or otherwise flew about twenty five feet over the head of the morning cook. bounced several times and landed next to a dishwasher. even being the kitchen skeptic  when the cook came over to hide behind me I jokingly told her that she needed to say hi to the ghost every morning. she was positive that the kitchen was haunted and was going to quit if she wanted to be left alone. she started doing so that day and for the remaining portion of my five years there I was the only one that whatever  wanted attention was interested everyone else said good morning every day. I don't know what really happened and you will get a varied response about what to do but acknowledging with out doing anything beyond. there are  people who will disagree with me within this group  there ae several possibilities about what to do  ignore it, get someone to bless the house/room, acknowledge it neutrally ( hello Mr ghost was my joking statement that everyone except me started saying every day) 

That is a very telling story as you were a non-believer but actually saw the unnatural movement with your own eyes. Very often on the internet and this forum I hear stories of things being moved (the possible aftermath of the paranormal) but much more rarely eye-witnessed. So thanks for sharing that story.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That is a very telling story as you were a non-believer but actually saw the unnatural movement with your own eyes. Very often on the internet and this forum I hear stories of things being moved (the possible aftermath of the paranormal) but much more rarely eye-witnessed. So thanks for sharing that story.  

I was never a total non believer as I seen some things that I could not explain  but I was a major skeptic. the above incident brought me here in the hopes I could explain it. it always bothered me that my joke could calm whatever it was

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mysticwerewolf said:

it always bothered me that my joke could calm whatever it was

That seems more like a reliever to me. A lighter type entity.

• Like 1

Good for you Mystiwerewolf you quite calmly an maybe unknowingly at the time made a compromise of sorts with this entity which seemed acceptable, to the terms.You brought about a resolution an I believe it was a respectful an acknowledgable deal that was struck between both parties so well done there an hats off to you...sometimes the answers are simply a fair compromise.of respect...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2018 at 0:02 PM, papageorge1 said:

I agree with you on that and I have been lucky? (Unlucky?) Enough to witness stuff like this myself as well....friend lived in an old Victorian style house in a small local town. Ended up researching the house found out the founder of the area built the house for his daughter and son in law.....anyways. it was where we all would go to hang out cuz his parents were chill and his mom was a nurse in a big hospital and dad was a plumber or hvac guy or something, so not just chill but not really there most times. So there were several super strange things in this house. Once his sister attempted suicide after running in their parents room screaming (sleepwalking/night terror kind of thing but more than that) about the man that was hiding in their room trying to kill them.  She ended up somehow like thinking she was the one who was trying to kill them when she was woken up. I don' really understand but she took a bottle of pills so her memory was fuzzy....another time we (a group of at least 5 to 8 ppl) saw a box fan float off the floor for a few seconds and then go flying.  We always heard footsteps upstairs when nobody was up there, cold spots, lights going on and off etc. Once I went to grab something I'd left there but nobody was home (parents n brother were visiting sister in mental health place after her attempt. Friend was at his gf house like 30 mins away. He was the last one to leave the housw) the tv was on, very very loud, and on a static channel.  The way their stuff was set up, the only way to get to that would be to push a button in the front/middle of the box on top of the t.v. 2 or 3 times. I booked it out of there without touching it. He was the first one home like 2 hours later and apparently it was off and some things were moved. Went over there that night with another friend. Heard weird noises and I started getting very very hot. Like burning hot. We step outside. Friend who' house it was is an idiot (very skeptical, would insult possible spirits) and stayed inside while other friend came Outside with me. He ended up running outside freaked out. Tells us he heard a scream from upstairs and heavy footsteps and freaked. When we had gone outside, I looked at the upstairs windows just cuz I do that. The lights were all off. There were now lights on in one room, then off, then on, then other room lights did the same. Nobody was in the house and we checked to make sure. They couldn  have left without us seeing either.

Same buddy who' house it was went to an abandoned house in our area that's been called haunted. Guy killed his wife and kids in like 1890s. Buddy and his friends found a bunch of like construction stuff looked like it had just been abandoned there. Another guy found a pack of cigs. Took one out of pack while there, smoked it. Took pack with him. Opened it after leaving, they were disgusting after being fine at the house....oeiginal buddy started saying "eff that house and eff that stupid ghost. Screw them what are they gonna do, in soooooo scared". Well that night, he and his gf were in his room in his new apartment n I was hanging with his sister in living room. He n gf came running out of the room pale white telling us how they heard gunshots coming out of the (disconnected) speakers in his room.....he said it was a distinct "chch boom" like a shotgun or something.....so I've had some odd experiences!

P.s. ppl can believe me or not believe me. My friends can all back up these things happening and it scared the crap out of all of us. Howevwr if peoole want to find a way to doubt it they will, so go ahead lol

30 minutes ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

P.s. ppl can believe me or not believe me. My friends can all back up these things happening and it scared the crap out of all of us. Howevwr if peoole want to find a way to doubt it they will, so go ahead lol

This is the correct attitude.

We need to keep informing others of our honestly described experiences so that we all learn more about the universe's possibilities like this:

34 minutes ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

....another time we (a group of at least 5 to 8 ppl) saw a box fan float off the floor for a few seconds and then go flying.  

Thanks for sharing.

39 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

This is the correct attitude.

We need to keep informing others of our honestly described experiences so that we all learn more about the universe's possibilities like this:

Thanks for sharing.

Uthats how I see it. People who don' want to believe aren't going to until it is right in their fsce and they cant explain it any other way! I'e had so many things happen to me throughout the tears that I know has been something supernatural so I have no doubts and mostly never have! Maybe peoole that are so doubtful have no experiences because the spirits/ghosts/other supernatural entity knows they don' believe....who knows