Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why does North Korea want reunification?

fred_mc

16 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

That "crazy guy" puts out a few tweets and suddenly Kim Jong Un, the lynch pin for nuclear holocaust, is ready to talk peace with South Korea.

I find it interesting that Obama, arguably the most diplomatic and well read of all recent Presidents, couldn't do the same. In fact, he got no where with Lil' Kim. 

If I was you, I would be thanking the "crazy guy" in the oval office - he may have just single handedly saved your bacon. Maybe he isn't so crazy after all. 

didn't i already imply that America and the free world should make the most of Trump's craziness? i think i did...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lilly said:

Right, Trump is even worse/crazier than Kim...Trump has killed 100's of thousands of American citizens, imprisoned in work camps 100's of thousands more and the majority of American citizens are currently starving...oops! Perhaps you might want to re-think which leader is the craziest there? 

wow Lilly! just wow... Trump has threatened to wipe North Korea off the map. taunted the original crazy dude into a nuclear p***ing contest.  i think that means Trump threatened to kill millions of North Koreans. you think those are the actions and thoughts of a sane man?  

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

wow Lilly! just wow... Trump has threatened to wipe North Korea off the map. taunted the original crazy dude into a nuclear p***ing contest.  i think that means Trump threatened to kill millions of North Koreans. you think those are the actions and thoughts of a sane man?  

Whoa, back it up here...North Korea has for quite some time been stating that they are the ones who are going to do the "wiping off the map" and the who they intend to do this to is the USA. The nuclear pizzing contest as you call it started long before Trump even ran for President. The nuclear ambitions and threats against America began way back with granddaddy Kim and ratcheted up with Kim Jong Il, Lil' Kim's daddy. This is a horrific regime that gives Stalin a run for the money in the murder and oppression department. One thing has changed now, the current Kim has finally achieved nuclear capability (aka, now NK really can nuke it's neighbors). But, it's somehow 'crazy' that finally someone is willing to tell this guy that if he fires nuclear ICBMs at any neighboring nations or the USA there will be hell to pay in return(?). Oh, someone is crazy alright and that someone is Kim Jong Un if he thinks his nuclear bullying is going to work with someone like Trump. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

naw, lets nuke the $#%@ out of nk

No, we should not. 

However, if NK does decide to use it's nuclear weapons against SK, Japan, Guam, Hawaii etc. then we should absolutely respond. 

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

No, we should not. 

However, if NK does decide to use it's nuclear weapons against SK, Japan, Guam, Hawaii etc. then we should absolutely respond. 

Even then I am not so sure about that. Just a single nuke would impact the entire region. North and South Korea are absolutely tiny.

Oh, and what Kim means by "Reunification" is that his regime controls entire Korea. 

2 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

Even then I am not so sure about that. Just a single nuke would impact the entire region. North and South Korea are absolutely tiny.

Oh, and what Kim means by "Reunification" is that his regime controls entire Korea. 

NK doesn't really need to nuke SK and likely won't for the very reason you just pointed out. Doesn't stop Kim from using nuclear ICBMs on outlying targets like Japan, Guam, Hawaii or even targets in the mainland USA. 

Just now, Lilly said:

NK doesn't really need to nuke SK and likely won't for the very reason you just pointed out. Doesn't stop Kim from using nuclear ICBMs on outlying targets like Japan, Guam, Hawaii or even targets in the mainland USA. 

But does the reaction have to be to nuke North Korea? 

Just now, FLOMBIE said:

But does the reaction have to be to nuke North Korea? 

Depends...because if Kim gets to the point where he's using nuclear ICBMs it could be very difficult to stop him from continuing to do so by using only conventional weapons. 

Just now, Lilly said:

Depends...because if Kim gets to the point where he's using nuclear ICBMs it could be very difficult to stop him from continuing to do so by using only conventional weapons. 

It's kind of idle o talk about this anyway, because he won't. He maybe nuts, but he certainly wants to stay alive. 

We all should cooperate to install an anti ICBM system around North Korea. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

We all should cooperate to install an anti ICBM system around North Korea. 

I think we are currently doing just that. 

Just now, Lilly said:

I think we are currently doing just that. 

It should be a global thing, that's what I mean. :)

• Like 1

China and Russia border North Korea as well.  Not sure if they would participate in an anti ICBM system or how they would react to US launching anti-missile tech into their territory if Kim decides to route his missiles that way.

Every time Kim does something screwy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries stock rises. The constitution is now changed in Japan on account of him. Let the one Asian country who has never been beaten by any other Asian country and smacked around Russia as a side note handle it. Abe has a itchy sword thumb and the "Self Defense Force" is scratching the ground behind him.

6 hours ago, Piney said:

Every time Kim does something screwy Mitsubishi Heavy Industries stock rises. The constitution is now changed in Japan on account of him. Let the one Asian country who has never been beaten by any other Asian country and smacked around Russia as a side note handle it. Abe has a itchy sword thumb and the "Self Defense Force" is scratching the ground behind him.

sorry, are you saying Japan should be allowed to launch an offensive against N. Korea? China would be really pleased about that. probably Russia would smile tolerantly too. :unsure: 

Oh, and the Koreans themselves, who always welcome humanitarian intervention from Japan. They famously have a long history of friendly and cordial relations. :unsure2: 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

On 2/4/2018 at 6:37 PM, fred_mc said:

Why do you think that Kim is talking about reunification even though he must know that it is a suicide mission for himself?

Like many have said, it's all propaganda.  He's made himself to be a living God within his borders while I'm sure he knows the South Koreans (and the rest of the world) think he's a clown.  Joining the two is a no-win situation for him and his family.

I think that the Pillsbury dough boy of N.Korea is so dull mentally that he  thinks that he can govern it all and kick out the US while he is at it if he can unify the country. and maybe even get even with us for the humiliating defeat of his forebearers that caused the ceasefire that has been in effect for how long now. 60+ years? I think he realizes that we could can and will turn his country into a field of glass any time we want to so he is looking for another way.