Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who Are You... REALLY?

Perdurabo

Who are you when you are dreaming?

You are the one who is experiencing the dream. You are seeing the scenes, interacting with the characters and feeling the emotions. And at the time, you are believing these things are real.

You become like an actor in a play. One who has become so embedded in the role that you are no longer aware of who you really are.

Until you wake up.

Who else are you when you are dreaming?

You are the one who is creating the dream. Whipping up worlds utilizing images and characters, experiences and memories taken from your “real” life. And what a creative opportunity it is! A chance to play, a chance to teach. You are the story-teller and you don’t care what is real and what is not. You are making it up as you go along. You have no long-term plan or ultimate goal in mind.

You are pretending. Playing. Like a child.

Who are you when you are awake?

Who is creating your world when you are awake?

What would you like to be real?

Who is keeping that from happening?

Who are you now?

Who will you be when you Wake Up?

• Like 2

I don't dream, I guess I'm like Arya Stark - I am no one. 

If only it were that simple! :)

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I am a program that my brain calls self.

Yes you are. (Unless you change your mind.)

3 minutes ago, Perdurabo said:

Yes you are. (Unless you change your mind.)

Even then. Its all a part of that organic programming. We make the person we think we are. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Perdurabo said:

You are the one who is experiencing the dream. You are seeing the scenes, interacting with the characters and feeling the emotions. And at the time, you are believing these things are real.

You become like an actor in a play. One who has become so embedded in the role that you are no longer aware of who you really are.

Until you wake up.

You are the one who is creating the dream. Whipping up worlds utilizing images and characters, experiences and memories taken from your “real” life. And what a creative opportunity it is! A chance to play, a chance to teach. You are the story-teller and you don’t care what is real and what is not. You are making it up as you go along. You have no long-term plan or ultimate goal in mind.

Who are you now?

oh my......obviously you have the perception of a dream,reguaudlles...ah crapp.....serioulsy.....this intenational spell check.....is peeing me off........ok....seriously.....your crazy!!!!.......when you sleep....you have desires and fears......they do intertwine and create what is confusing when you wake.....interpritation ....is key.......

I find that I fail a lot, in my dreams.  There's always something I'm trying to achieve and I never seem to pull it off.

I had a negative supernatural dream not so long ago, it wasnt very pleasent, but the moment I woke up, I thought to myself, wow, I am really happy to have experienced those feelings.

Who are we? We are divine beings experiencing a physical manifestation so that we might know ourselves. And in our dreams we are that same being experiencing ourself as a non physical being.

Same thoughts, feelings and emotions...

I've had many dreams about my late father. I would see him and would think to myself, Why is he alive? I thought he was dead.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely remember my dreams. When I do, I seem to be a more-athletic version of myself. I do a lot of martial arts and combat sports in meatspace so it's not entirely out of nowhere, but in my dreams I'm always taking it to levels that I cannot yet achieve IRL. It's never fighting someone though, always weird stuff like catching falling stuff and lifting really heavy stuff.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2018 at 3:12 AM, and then said:

I find that I fail a lot, in my dreams.  There's always something I'm trying to achieve and I never seem to pull it off.

That's your mind flushing out negative thoughts about failure and driving you to succeed. 

On 2/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, Farmer77 said:

I don't dream, I guess I'm like Arya Stark - I am no one. 

That concept was pulled from the Tendai Buddhist concept  "Daremo"  used by Sohei (Warrior Monks).

• Like 1

On 2/4/2018 at 7:19 AM, Perdurabo said:

Until you wake up.

Who are you now?

Dream symbology occurrs to keep a person from waking up to there actual thoughts.