Jump to content
Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Crazy Horse

Mantra, Affirmations and Auto-Suggestion.

63 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Truthseeker007

I have done mantras and it has helped me with money. Lots on youtube to watch and do. If you feel rich you bring in the richness so to say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Crazy Horse
9 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I guess it's the Irish in me, but my "Mantras" take the form of song, as I sing to myself a lot.

I agree HC

Singing mantras seems to give them a little something extra! And when I say 'them' I mean me! And when I say 'me' I actually mean us! And besides that, singing them is simply more enjoyable!

The Universe, the One Verse, the One Song.... 

An harmonious life for one an all.

Will be something special.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
33 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

I have done mantras and it has helped me with money. Lots on youtube to watch and do. If you feel rich you bring in the richness so to say.

I have seen something similar.

You basically make a statement, an affirmation - I am rich, I am abundant.

Then you start to act rich and abundantly, and at the same time you feel rich and abundant too.

Then the Universe will show you what wealth and abundance isn't, but if you can carry on as before, acting, feeling, being rich and feeling abundant, its at that point the Universe thinks ok, this guy IS abundant and everything starts to fall into your lap.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

 Printed words can seem cold, for they are without tenor or tone, cadence, nor compassion or sincerity of intent. How we hear them in our heads is usually not how they would have been said. Don't take them too harshly.

Hello again Mr HC

I do very much get the tone and the general feeling behind the printed word. Just reading some books gives me a huge boost of mental clarity and even a physical lift as well! And sometimes I even get to hear the accent of the person without knowing their nationality.

Perhaps the word written without any real sincerity or compassion would seem cold and lacking in power?

But for those writting from personal experience, with compassion, with sincerity, they are anything but cold.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Hello again Mr HC

I do very much get the tone and the general feeling behind the printed word. Just reading some books gives me a huge boost of mental clarity and even a physical lift as well! And sometimes I even get to hear the accent of the person without knowing their nationality.

Perhaps the word written without any real sincerity or compassion would seem cold and lacking in power?

But for those writting from personal experience, with compassion, with sincerity, they are anything but cold.

I was referencing personal correspondence. Prose, by way of narration on the other hand, is written to deliberately convey meaning and intent.

Edited by Hammerclaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
44 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I was referencing personal correspondence. Prose, by way of narration on the other hand, is written to deliberately convey meaning and intent.

You mean like us folk writting on this forum?

I quite often get a very strong sense of how people are feeling, its pretty obvious sometimes just by the words they are using, the amount of mistakes they make etc Some posts have a massive amount of emotion attached.

Like your post here, I get the feeling that you are just kinda feeling normal, not angry, not excited, just making a point.. 

Im pretty sure you have a sense of where I am right now too.

The mantra, "I am awake to Reality" I have found is really a powerful tool in helping me to basically awaken in many and all aspects of my life.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

You mean like us folk writting on this forum?

I quite often get a very strong sense of how people are feeling, its pretty obvious sometimes just by the words they are using, the amount of mistakes they make etc Some posts have a massive amount of emotion attached.

Like your post here, I get the feeling that you are just kinda feeling normal, not angry, not excited, just making a point.. 

Im pretty sure you have a sense of where I am right now too.

The mantra, "I am awake to Reality" I have found is really a powerful tool in helping me to basically awaken in many and all aspects of my life.

My post was about getting it wrong, out of context, out of proportion, getting your feelings hurt when mildly admonished or chastised, getting your feelings hurt when that was never intended, that sort of thing. It was never meant to take wings and fly to the heights you've taken it too. It addressed a particular post and the reaction to it, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Podo

I think mantras are just part of the human psyche. Positive thinking, good vibrations, prayer, insight, optimism, whatever you want to call it, it plays an important role in how we interact with the universe. Every belief system, and lack of belief system, contains some aspect of this. I do a lot of singing to myself, as well as general pumping myself up before I do something challenging. It's a way to psyche yourself up, and I think it works rather nicely.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

That's the thing about affirmation. If you've got a big ego (high self esteem) a positive affirmation will pump you up. If you've got low self-esteem a positive affirmation can make it worse. If you're simply wanting to rewrite the programming in your brain daily high repetition affirmations will reinforce the neural pathways. But if there is a strong emotional content they work better. Think of basic thought as being a stream, adding emotion into it, turns that stream into a river. It's kind of like pavlov conditioning.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
18 hours ago, XenoFish said:

That's the thing about affirmation. If you've got a big ego (high self esteem) a positive affirmation will pump you up. If you've got low self-esteem a positive affirmation can make it worse. If you're simply wanting to rewrite the programming in your brain daily high repetition affirmations will reinforce the neural pathways. But if there is a strong emotional content they work better. Think of basic thought as being a stream, adding emotion into it, turns that stream into a river. It's kind of like pavlov conditioning.

I dont believe for one second that a positive affirmation will have a negative affect on anyone.

What I do believe affects the general out-come of these exercises is whether or not the person actually believes in the effectiveness of these mantras and affirmations. Much like those who believe in psychic abilities are more likey to be able to demonstrate such things..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Sister Elle Sade Ai Ni
On 2/5/2018 at 7:30 AM, Crazy Horse said:

Please tell us about mudras, this is something I know little about.

Ive seen Tibetan monks do this when they are receiving a blessing or something, but I never got into it myself.

And then there is symbolism in general, after all, letters, words and mantras are basically symbols!

I like, "Om Mani Padme Hum".

What does that mean?

 

Messing with it as wont to do it transforms into....

Ohm Maani Paadmee Huum....

Oym Mawni Pawdmi Hūm...

O Man E Pa Deem Hoom...

 

 

My own freak folk form and translation is....

O'Manu Pa Da Ma Hoom Sa Sheem

(Which means to me: Oh Manu Father, Given By Mother, Us From Deluge.)

 

Oya yepayay....this one is a song of orisha Oya.

 

(Disclaimer: uppercases do not denote screaming but terms as sacred and common as the following:

 One True God Family With El & Asherah + Children All Sharing In Creation and Editing in the Aether or Akashic Records...

 

MUDRAS, CAN BE,

HAND SIGNS: THIEVE'S CANT: & SHADOW PUPPETS ON A WALL.

 

The energy behind them, in my own uneducated view, stems from:

EXPRESSIVE TALKING WITH HANDS

 

With the expression subdued sans vocalization for concentrated speech, silently by, purer intention.

 

I won't cut and paste any mudras yet but leave with one more mantraffirmation.

OJALA AND INSHALLA

Which means God Willing in Spanish and Arabic.....with the repitition meaning God Willing As I Am Willing. Just as Amen Amen by Jesus in the gospels means And So It Is And So It Is.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 2/5/2018 at 0:22 PM, Hammerclaw said:

Seems like everyone has their own way of saying their "Hail Marys".

Yes, these are all equivalents in my heart too. Number of words or change of terms from this or that deity for me is a rose, a rose, a rose.

 

I also ask for my ancestors and unborn for supplication at times...

 

 

On 2/5/2018 at 1:07 PM, Crazy Horse said:

A Hail Mary is more a prayer to a spiritual being, asking for help and showing gratitude.

An affirmation, such as, "I am awake", will have a noticeable affect upon the individual.

This is powerful stuff!!!

 

 

This lovingly reminds me of:

 

Spoiler
My grandma and your grand-ma were sit-tin' by the fire
My grandma told your grand-ma "I'm gon-na set your flag on fire
Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né
Look at my king all dressed in red I-ko, I-ko, un-day
I bet-cha five dol-lars he'll kill you dead, jock-a-mo fee na-né
Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né
My flag boy and your flag boy were sit-tin' by the fire
My flag boy told your flag boy "I'm gon-na set your flag on fire"
Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né
See that guy all dressed in green I-ko, I-ko, un-day
He's not a man, he's a lov-in' ma-chine jock-a mo fee na-né
Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né
Talk-in' 'bout, hey now hey now I-ko, I-ko, un-day
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né
Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

And the my Jesus is better than your Jesus meme....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Crazy Horse
1 hour ago, Mr. Sister Elle Sade Ai Ni said:

What does that mean?

 

Om Mani Padme Hum is the sanskrit version of the mantra of Avalokiteshvara, the bodhisattva of compassion.

Repeating it with a compassionate feeling will help create a more compassionate view towards all beings.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr. Sister Elle Sade Ai Ni
17 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Om Mani Padme Hum is the sanskrit version of the mantra of Avalokiteshvara, the bodhisattva of compassion.

Repeating it with a compassionate feeling will help create a more compassionate view towards all beings.

Thank you. It will be used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.