Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2018 elections

rashore

2 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The fact that a lot of moderate democrats won I think is telling. This wasn't a wave of progressives, but a wave of moderates. If the far left had run, the House may have remained GOP. 

A Dem House probably will be a goid thing in the long run, with forced bipartisanship being a necessity.

I think this election is really hard to draw overarching conclusions from I dont know that in this election the particulars of the candidate mattered as much as in normal years.  Totally anecdotal on my part but from what im hearing in deep dark red Trump country there was a large percentage of non regular voters who came out specifically to vote against Trumpism. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I think this election is really hard to draw overarching conclusions from I dont know that in this election the particulars of the candidate mattered as much as in normal years.  Totally anecdotal on my part but from what im hearing in deep dark red Trump country there was a large percentage of non regular voters who came out specifically to vote against Trumpism. 

Might be people turning on Trump, but i think it more likely that it was the disgruntled voters who did not like/trust Hillary, who initially were projected to give her the win, who instead decided to stay home in 2016.

Marginal blue states that went marginally red, then back to marginally blue. All on who decides to vote that year.

• Like 2

Donald Trump retreats into ‘cocoon of bitterness and resentment’

Donald Trump’s mood has rapidly deteriorated this week as the full meaning of his defeat in the midterm elections sinks in.

Mr Trump has largely been holed up inside the White House, with few events on his schedule. His only public statements of note have been conveyed through angry tweets attacking the Mueller investigation and French President Emmanuel Macron.

link

Sounds like the midterm loss is getting to the poor old man.  He's been cancelling important appointments, unapproachable and moody.  Sounds like he's afraid of what January might bring when the Democrats take over the House and sounds like Mueller is about to tell us what he's found probing.  It's going to be a Merry Xmas.  :P

• Like 3

Exactly what important appointments did he cancel? You see speculation like this all the time but rarely any specifics.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skliss said:

Exactly what important appointments did he cancel? You see speculation like this all the time but rarely any specifics.

His Instagram page is packed with things he's been doing all week.

https://instagram.com/realdonaldtrump?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=7ym15b953ft1

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

Donald Trump retreats into ‘cocoon of bitterness and resentment’

Donald Trump’s mood has rapidly deteriorated this week as the full meaning of his defeat in the midterm elections sinks in.

Mr Trump has largely been holed up inside the White House, with few events on his schedule. His only public statements of note have been conveyed through angry tweets attacking the Mueller investigation and French President Emmanuel Macron.

link

Sounds like the midterm loss is getting to the poor old man.  He's been cancelling important appointments, unapproachable and moody.  Sounds like he's afraid of what January might bring when the Democrats take over the House and sounds like Mueller is about to tell us what he's found probing.  It's going to be a Merry Xmas.  :P

I don’t know if you can count this as much of a loss. Usually the opposition party takes more seats than this after the first two years with a new president.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t know if you can count this as much of a loss. Usually the opposition party takes more seats than this after the first two years with a new president.

Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's a blue wave. :lol:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Well he seems to be unsettled about something.  Even his post election speech where he was trying to pass the loss as a victory didn't sound convincing.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Well he seems to be unsettled about something.  Even his post election speech where he was trying to pass the loss as a victory didn't sound convincing.

Oh no ... are you saying Sparky lost some of his sparkly sparkling sparky spark ?

~

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Oh no ... are you saying Sparky lost some of his sparkly sparkling sparky spark ?

~

Theres some ignition and a lot of gas but no spark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I don’t pay enough attention to notice that, and his post election speech being good or bad seems to depend on if you are a supporter or detractor. Again, I don’t know, I didn’t watch it.

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I don’t pay enough attention to notice that,

Yeah his twitter feed post election has been insane. Dude is clearly bothered by something. My guess is its a combo of everything : Melania drama, midterm loss (you and I understand thats normal but does he?) , and the Russia investigation ending its quiet period.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, skliss said:

They were in the link I posted. Here below,

It was Veteran’s Day, when the American president normally leaves a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington Cemetery, a short 3km trip from the White House. Mr Trump did not go.

On Tuesday, he chose not to meet with King Abdullah II of Jordan, who was greeted by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo instead.

On Wednesday, Mr Trump’s Defence Secretary Jim Mattis visited soldiers the President had ordered to the Mexican border. The LA Times said Mr Trump decided not to make the trip himself.

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

He sent Vice President Mike Pence to the ASEAN Summit, which would normally be attended by the president.

And then this one didn't go down too well with Churchill's grandson,

Then he cancelled a trip to the Aisne-Marne cemetery east of Paris, where he was supposed to honour fallen American soldiers, because of rain.

Other world leaders went ahead with their own events commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of World War One while Mr Trump stayed inside. The backlash was inevitable.

“They died with their face to the foe and that pathetic, inadequate Donald Trump couldn’t even defy the weather to pay his respects to the fallen,” Winston Churchill’s grandson, Nicholas Soames, said.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...