Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2018 elections

rashore

39 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Hope to God the  Republicans win again, the Democrats just want to lower people`s standers, at least Trump is trying to higher those standers he doing a great job:))

Well they do say sitting is the new cancer...

• Haha 1

Rand Paul speaking at the Trump Rally in Kentucky..

Good to see him on the campaign trail with the President..

I liked it when he spoke about the Democrat leadership doing absolutely nothing to curb the disrespectful
 behavior of their followers... and not only doing nothing but with the Clinton remarks about civility
not returning until they gain control again..... the Democrat Leadership appear to be encouraging
intimidation, harassment and mob rule... (Maxine Waters being another example)

IMO a vote for the Democrats (however 'good' or 'bad' the individual candidate) at this point in history...
is a vote to approve of dishonest and divisive politics of the most dangerous kind.... ie the kind that
leads to civil war and pits citizens against each other ... and destroys a country ...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Nervous Democrats ask: Could Election Day disaster strike again?
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/midterms/article219746670.html

It was this week two years ago that Hillary Clinton’s victory looked assured, when the infamous “Access Hollywood” tape of Donald Trump bragging about sexual assault appeared all but certain to end his campaign.

Jesse Ferguson remembers it well. The deputy press secretary for Clinton’s campaign also remembers what happened a month later.

It’s why this veteran Democratic operative can’t shake the feeling that, as promising as the next election looks for his party, it might still all turn out wrong.

What cracks me up is the use of the phrase, "... it might still turn out wrong.". Wrong... Like there is a right and a wrong side of an election. ...... "YOU ALL VOTED WRONG!!!". OMG.

FiveThirtyEight gives Democrats a 76.9 percent chance of winning the House one month before Election Day. Their odds for Clinton’s victory two years ago? 71.4 percent.

Other Democratic leaders aren’t so sure. Asked if he thought his party was overconfident, Democratic Rep. Seth Moulton responded flatly, “Yes.”

Democrats could win a lot of House seats, he said, or could still fall short of capturing a majority.

“The point is that we’ve got to realize that this not just some unstoppable blue wave but rather a lot of tough races that will be hard-fought victories,” Moulton said.

If Democrats are universally nervous about anything after 2016, it’s polling. The polls weren’t actually as favorable to Clinton and the Democrats as some remember, something 538’s Nate Silver and some other journalists pointed out at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, DieChecker said:

What cracks me up is the use of the phrase, "... it might still turn out wrong.". Wrong... Like there is a right and a wrong side of an election. ...... "YOU ALL VOTED WRONG!!!". OMG.

Yeah... like how the Brexit vote was ''''wrong''''....

I remember waking up the morning after the EU referendum vote - turning on the News and you would have though
someone had died... such was the gloomy reporting.... you could practically hear the Funeral March playing in the
background (it nearly killed the MSM to report on the Referendum result like it did with the Trump result) 
and THEN the avalanche of insults and hysteria began --- because of how '''''wrong''''' it all was... ^_^

sound familiar... ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OK - quick question - forgetting the accuracy of polls etc why is it that

it is thought Dems have 4 in 5 chance of taking the House, but Reps have a 4 in 5 chance of retaining the senate.

Are the Senate and House seats in wildly different demographic areas, or do Americans split their vote?

4 hours ago, RAyMO said:

OK - quick question - forgetting the accuracy of polls etc why is it that

it is thought Dems have 4 in 5 chance of taking the House, but Reps have a 4 in 5 chance of retaining the senate.

Are the Senate and House seats in wildly different demographic areas, or do Americans split their vote?

Cause every house seat is up for reelection while only a third of the senate seats are up for reelection and of those third of the senate seats most are democratic held seats and the few Republican seats up are in deep red states mostly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Republicans have released a hard hitting Ad labeling  the Democrats 'An Unhinged Mob'

And illustrating why - 

IMO America is in deep trouble if the Democrats (in their present form) manage to regain the House...
because the mob like behavior and harassment would get worse if it is endorsed by electoral victory...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bee said:

The Republicans have released a hard hitting Ad labeling  the Democrats 'An Unhinged Mob'

And illustrating why - 

IMO America is in deep trouble if the Democrats (in their present form) manage to regain the House...
because the mob like behavior and harassment would get worse if it is endorsed by electoral victory...

Frankly, the way it is now, the braying mob mentality will get worse no matter what, if they win they’ll feel validated and if they lose they’ll double down on the “stolen election” rhetoric. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Frankly, the way it is now, the braying mob mentality will get worse no matter what, if they win they’ll feel validated and if they lose they’ll double down on the “stolen election” rhetoric. 

you are probably right about that.... but if the Unhinged Mob tactic fails to bring in the votes and alienates
the majority of Americans... then the Dem strategists would have to calm it all down or be pushed into
the political wilderness for a long time... actual civil war and social breakdown must surely not appeal to most
voters in the US... 

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 11:41 AM, bee said:

Maxine Waters is NOT doing the DNC any favors with her rabble rousing. 

I think it is about time for the OLD Guard of the DNC to step aside, under controlled conditions, and allow young people to take the lead. I think that would draw in a lot of Independents. Otherwise they will end up dying in office and causing special elections where anyone might win. Even a (shudder.... ) Republican... :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Too funny...now Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), the same guy who grandstanded for Chrissey Blasey-Ford by saying "survivors should be believed", has been publicly accused of sexually assaulting a gay MAN in a restroom in 2014.  Anyone wonder if Cory will quickly switch to "innocent until proven guilty"?  Take another Dem hopeful off the list...

Spartacus Falls? Cory Booker Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Man In Restroom

high%20grade%20booker.jpg?itok=Umflc24L

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-21/spartacus-falls-cory-booker-accused-sexually-assaulting-man-restroom

Edited by hacktorp
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hacktorp said:

Too funny...now Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ), the same guy who grandstanded for Chrissey Blasey-Ford by saying "survivors should be believed", has been publicly accused of sexually assaulting a gay MAN in a restroom in 2014.  Anyone wonder if Cory will quickly switch to "innocent until proven guilty"?  Take another Dem hopeful off the list...

Spartacus Falls? Cory Booker Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Man In Restroom

high%20grade%20booker.jpg?itok=Umflc24L

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-21/spartacus-falls-cory-booker-accused-sexually-assaulting-man-restroom

Say it ain't So! #CoryToo?

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 12:23 AM, DieChecker said:

Say it ain't So! #CoryToo?

He must have forgotten what happens to Spartacus at the end of the film.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Electronic voting must surely be the most 'unsafe' when results can be changed and machines
can be secretly (hacked?)  programmed... ?

We (in UK) still have the paper ballot - which could be tampered with - but it would be more difficult...
The time Nigel Farage lost his bid to become an MP springs to mind... the result was delayed
for hours because of problems with a lorry carrying the ballot boxes.... mmmm.....

I don't know about these things... but how can the integrity of the electronic voting machines be guaranteed or checked..?

• Like 1

HA Goodman has been saying for a long time that Republicans will keep the Senate and House...
He used to be a Bernie Supporter but is now planning to vote for Trump in 2020...

video description...

Oct. 27 As of Saturday morning, 990,568 Republicans had voted, 916,259 Democrats and 409,686 no party or minor party voters.

Oct. 13 And with less than a month until Election Day, Republican voters hold an early returned-ballot lead. Of the number of total votes cast so far, 92,224 came from registered GOP voters, with 71,506 coming from Democrats. http://floridapolitics.com/archives/2...

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bee said:

Electronic voting must surely be the most 'unsafe' when results can be changed and machines
can be secretly (hacked?)  programmed... ?

We (in UK) still have the paper ballot - which could be tampered with - but it would be more difficult...
The time Nigel Farage lost his bid to become an MP springs to mind... the result was delayed
for hours because of problems with a lorry carrying the ballot boxes.... mmmm.....

I don't know about these things... but how can the integrity of the electronic voting machines be guaranteed or checked..?

“The system is not rigged, you’re idiots”, what a charming reply.

This isn't really all that surprising.

Texas Dems ask noncitizens to register to vote, send applications with citizenship box pre-checked

The Texas Democratic Party asked non-citizens to register to vote, sending out applications to immigrants with the box citizenship already checked “Yes,” according to new complaints filed Thursday asking prosecutors to see what laws may have been broken.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation alerted district attorneys and the federal Justice Department to the pre-checked applications, and also included a signed affidavit from a man who said some of his relatives, who aren’t citizens, received the mailing.

“This is how the Texas Democratic Party is inviting foreign influence in an election in a federal election cycle,” said Logan Churchwell, spokesman for the PILF, a group that’s made its mark policing states’ voter registration practices.

The Texas secretary of state’s office said it, too, had gotten complaints both from immigrants and from relatives of dead people who said they got mailings asking them to register.

link

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone else voted early?

I did, it's so much easier. I feel like election day shoukd be a national holiday that everyone has off.

55 minutes ago, Wickian said:

This isn't really all that surprising.

link

If this can be proven, people need to be prosecuted and put in prison.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Has anyone else voted early?

I did, it's so much easier. I feel like election day shoukd be a national holiday that everyone has off.

The nearest voting location is a short walk away from where I live.  I'm going to go after work next Tuesday.

I was just reading that some online betting sites odds of who wins the house are now in the Republicans favor. Unlike bias poll sites, these people are going to loose money if they are wrong.

We'll have to wait and see, I think. But I've thought all along that the good economy will win out over Trump Fear propaganda.