Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum Mysticism - dawning of the New Age

Illyrius

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Amen.

And spirit facts can be embraced subjectively the same way other types of facts are used as proof.

Except this time, proof of spirit, personally.

What you embrace subjectively simply tells us how you feel about a topic, it tells us your opinion of it, it doesn’t automatically qualify as a fact while some subjective claims are based in realty they serve as a way to connect us to how one feels about something. It is a way to share and connect. It has its place. 

A fact ( objectivity ) meets 3 criteria: number one, can it be falsified, one asks can a truth value be determined ( truth value means is it true or is it false)  two, can we find an agreed upon method to prove whether the  something in question is true or false ( such as comparison/contradiction, contrapositve...), and objectively speaking, in context, means only one “something”can be right, objectivity will correct based on the facts. In otherwords, one follows the facts (objectivity) not their feelings ( biases). 

Subjectively speaking we agree to disagree, one expects to have difference of perspective, there isn’t a definitive true or false, we clarify this by saying for me, or IMHO, etc. etc. 

We can be spiritual, religious, or non religious and posit objectively. We do this by saying for me this works, they don’t covertly or overtly try to advance an opinion or interpretation, or how we feel about the topic or idea as a fact, we self correct, refine, revise based on the facts ( see above for how to do this). 

All of this is taught in Geometry in high school, basic logic. It is common knowledge.

Edited by Sherapy
  • Like 2

Subjectivity is the operative word, as truth and beauty, more often than not, are in the eye of the beholder and nowhere else. Like the friend who tells you of this wonderful new love that has entered their life, a dream made manifest in flesh. Yet on meeting that person, you don't see anything wonderful, at all, and can't imagine what all the fuss is about. Personal experience trumps reality and objectivity, and what they see through their eyes isn't what you see, at all.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Amen.

And spirit facts can be embraced subjectively the same way other types of facts are used as proof.

Except this time, proof of spirit, personally.

Last I checked, facts are just facts.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Last I checked, facts are just facts.

It used to be like that, but in this day and age facts are only facts if they agree with what you believe. :rolleyes:

That's why I use the Andy Rooney quote in my signature.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It used to be like that, but in this day and age facts are only facts if they agree with what you believe. :rolleyes:

That's why I use the Andy Rooney quote in my signature.

an-inconvenient-truth1.jpg

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Subjectivity is the operative word, as truth and beauty, more often than not, are in the eye of the beholder and nowhere else. Like the friend who tells you of this wonderful new love that has entered their life, a dream made manifest in flesh. Yet on meeting that person, you don't see anything wonderful, at all, and can't imagine what all the fuss is about. Personal experience trumps reality and objectivity, and what they see through their eyes isn't what you see, at all.

I had a feeling you would come in and hit a home run!

Well said!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Illyrius said:

The Newtonian model of physics suggested that everything in universe is separated, and it functioned well all the way till the discovery of quantum particles. Now we are aware that such view of reality is completely flawed and in fact the whole picture of universe maintained by that illusive picture of reality collapses into ashes where it belongs. The new discoveries in physics are in accordance to ancient spiritual systems and not to flawed-to-the core picture of mechanical atheistic universe.

Thoughts?

:)

I think it's weird that you consider the Newtonian model of physics completely flawed.  Do you think the theory of evolution completely flawed because Darwin didn't know that DNA existed?

The mechanical atheistic universe?  The universe is not mechanical, nor is it atheistic.  So, in a sense this OP is a bit nonsensical.  But, I would like to know what ancient spiritual systems you are referring to.  What are you talking about?  

PS.  Unless you've already answered this question in the thread and I haven't read it yet.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

I think it's weird that you consider the Newtonian model of physics completely flawed.

Completely flawed in sense of separated mechanicistic view of Reality. I think it was clear from the post.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Completely flawed in sense of separated mechanicistic view of Reality. I think it was clear from the post.

Well, it isn't.  You're injecting alot of terms and notions that have nothing to do with Newton's laws of motion.  Newton's physics deals with the behavior of matter and gravity, and that's about it.  Whether or not everything is connected, is only relevant if you decide to make it so.  Everything we know exists in the universe, so in that sense, we are a subset of the universe and therefore connected.  But, the universe is an enormous collection of matter and energy.....and that's it.

There is no more mind to it than there is to be found in a stone for all we know.  

• Like 2

You're injecting alot of terms and notions that have nothing to do with Newton's laws of motion. 

No. Newtons physics sees reality as separated blocks of matter, quantum physics tells a different story. Clear now?

Edited by Illyrius
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

No newtons physics sees reality as separated blocks of matter, quantum physics tells a different story. Clear now?

No.  What do you know of quantum physics, and which aspect are you referring to?

• Like 2

Just now, Guyver said:

No.  What do you know of quantum physics, and which aspect are you referring to?

How about nonlocality for example?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Well, it isn't.  You're injecting alot of terms and notions that have nothing to do with Newton's laws of motion.  Newton's physics deals with the behavior of matter and gravity, and that's about it.  Whether or not everything is connected, is only relevant if you decide to make it so.  Everything we know exists in the universe, so in that sense, we are a subset of the universe and therefore connected.  But, the universe is an enormous collection of matter and energy.....and that's it.

There is no more mind to it than there is to be found in a stone for all we know.  

Mind, spirit, an soul are energy an very connected to the universe in so many ways ...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

How about nonlocality for example?

Are you referring to quantum entanglement - Einstein's spooky action at a distance?  I agree that it is a real part of theoretical physics, but it doesn't do anything to disparage the work of Sir Isaac Newton, and the laws of physics which are still accepted as scientifically valid today.

Anyway, did you answer the question of ancient spiritual systems?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

So are you, but sometimes I feel you are like a pendulum at an end of it's arc. I'm curious to see what happens should it swing back to the other one.

Well this doesn't happen often

I'm at a loss for words. I can't imagine that at this point in time although there was a time I did defend the faith. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Guyver said:

Are you referring to quantum entanglement - Einstein's spooky action at a distance?  I agree that it is a real part of theoretical physics, but it doesn't do anything to disparage the work of Sir Isaac Newton, and the laws of physics which are still accepted as scientifically valid today.

Anyway, did you answer the question of ancient spiritual systems?

Does he have to answer all your questions aye...sorry but your pushy mate well thats how I see it..Bit forceful dude..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Guyver said:

but it doesn't do anything to disparage the work of Sir Isaac Newton

It disparages illusion of separated mechnical universe, and that is quite enough for the point of the whole story.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The complexity of the human brain just has no viable mechanism to sustain such intracacy upon the point of death. Probability wise, surviving death is highly unlikely. We have more neural connection then there are stars..

Atamarie My Friend..

I am nicely recharged.. hahahaha..!!!..

The Complexity, or Not of the human brain, has in no way an Effect of Consciousness after Death.. The Slab of Jelly, the conduit of Energy, of Mind processed into the Physical..This is what Lives on... Energy ... That Never Dies.. Spirit, or Soul, or Universal Energy, whatever, you want to call it ...

We have more Neural Connections then there are stars .... In the Physical ... Yes.. Why is this so..mm could it be ,We are a Universe within our selves, let us assume that it was possible for your consciousness to be concentrated at some point in your body in a vehicle infinitely smaller than an atom, how then would you perceive your body? you would be totally unaware of the great bulk of matter manifesting as your physical body, for what you would see could be compared to vast galaxies of whirling suns and spiral nebulae in deep space. In the softer areas of the body these would be widely spaced but in the Denser areas, the teeth and Bones , they would be more concentrated , the whole would have the appearance of stars in the night sky when viewed from an infinitely small standpoint Man is a Universe no less Awesome and Mysterious then the great vaults overhead..

The Ancients, you highly speak of , ha ha .. have given us the Oft-quoted saying "As above So below" and the Atom is , in many respects, the Microscopic counterpart of Our Solar System, In relation to the Atom, the Nucleus holds the Position of the Sun in our Solar System..Around the Nucleus electrons revolve in much the same way that Planets revolve around the Sun. Another Similarity between the Atom and the Solar system is that Empty Space Predominates in both the Ratio being much the same in both Cases...

Mo..xx

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Does he have to answer all your questions aye...sorry but your pushy mate well thats how I see it..Bit forceful dude..

My apologies.

Would you be so kind as to express which ancient spiritual systems are under discussion at this time........please?  Thank you.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Well this doesn't happen often

I'm at a loss for words.

This is A True Miracle..!!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha..!!!!

Mo..xx

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Mind, spirit, an soul are energy an very connected to the universe in so many ways ...

If it's not too much to ask, would you mind explaining how you know that any of this is true in reality?  I thought that there was no way to even demonstrate that anything such as a soul or spirit even exists in the first place, and I would love to be proven incorrect on that one.  

• Like 3

My apologies.

Would you be so kind as to express which ancient spiritual systems are under discussion at this time........please?  Thank you.  

That's funny :)

How dare you ask questions in a discussion forum pushy dude pushy!!! 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Nope. That's a personal view completely unsupported. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Nope. That's a personal view completely unsupported. 

I support it totally

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's funny :)

How dare you ask questions in a discussion forum pushy dude pushy!!! 

Your funny too

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked