Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum Mysticism - dawning of the New Age

Illyrius

52 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

12. The transcendent nature of minds in NDEs corresponds with physics

Mark WoodhouseNew developments in quantum physics show we cannot know phenomena apart from the observer and how the observer plays a supreme role in creating reality. Arlice Davenport has challenged the hallucination theory of NDEs as outmoded because the field theories of physics now suggest new paradigm options available to explain NDEs. Mark Woodhouse says the traditional materialism/dualism battle over NDEs has already been solved by Einstein. Since matter can now be viewed as a form of energy, an energy body alternative to the material body can now explain NDEs. This is also supported by Melvin Morse who has described NDEs that are able to realign charges in the electromagnetic field of the human body and wiring of the brain.

Oh goodness, what a claim, he is picking up his nobel prize for this when? 

Sorry, but that is utter nonsense. If we could reailgn the myriad of synaptic connections (there are more in your head than you can see, stars in the night sky) then we could just transfer that map into an artificial body and live for ever. We have tried to do this, and it's fascinating, but we are not even close to beginning to be able to map a brain yet. A hundred trillion synapses, a billion neurons, all changing constantly as they are added and deleted and individual for every person. 

The math is just not adding up there. Maybe one day, not now  not soon. And for that intricate layout to survive death? I honestly do not see how that is possible at all. 

52 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

He reports on patients having NDEs who recover from diseases such as pneumonia, cardiac arrest, and cancer (Transformed by the Light, pp. 153-54) suggesting the brain acts more like a receiver of information much like a television, radio, or cell phone. Signals, such as voice or music, in the form of electromagnetic waves, are received by the brain and processed to make them audible to the senses. At death, the brain (receiver) dies; but consciousness (the signal), in the form of electromagnetic waves, continues to exist (in the airwaves).

https://www.near-death.com/science/evidence.html#a02

And we know the mind is the brain, its not a remote system. That philosophy is dead. We can watch memories being formed, and when one has a brain injury the injury reflects the known parts of the brain affected and exhibits known symptoms, that's predictability, which is self proven. If the brain was separate lobotomoies would never have worked, but they did.

There is nothing convincing here  nothing that explains how an afterlife is achieved  its just more wishful thinking, sorry but it is. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No they're talking about space, AS IN SPACE-TIME, as it's seen as beginning at the end of Planck-time (10-43 seconds). As should be obvious space-time includes the vacuum of space we all know.

And yet you drone on about Intelligent Design as if it's a foregone conclusion when it is not. And STILL not shown that there is “strong empirical evidence that fits a theory that our reality is created” as you recently claimed (nor have you met the further criteria that it not be ambiguous) to support it, just more droning on as if your word is sacrosanct, it's not.

Would prefer to see a citation for this too and not another rather verbose and meaningless interpretation by you of same.

cormac

No I haven't cormec read again. I have not been engaging in assuming a conclusion merely offering eveifence.. really. Read again and you will see that I consistently make sure everyone knows this. You wouldn't be skipping over those parts would you? Or is selective reading part of your own coping mechanisms?

And WTF is a Planck time there genius? Guess what? I already know. Can you define it properly or are you still being a parrot? Try google Mr. Mensa. 

I have done all that you have claimed I haven't within the confines of an iPhone and an Internet forum, unless you have an actual argument agains my argument without the usually meaningless, utterly useless, meaningless, layman, not suported, and simply yawning response, I don't think anyone can take you seriously because your response amounts to nothing mort than a little kid with its tung out. Hahahah. 

Seriously. I don't think you know how this works. Make a counter argument and contribute something meaninful other wise no one can possibly take you seriously. 

Edited by SeekerWCF
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

And we know the mind is the brain, its not a remote system. That philosophy is dead. We can watch memories being formed, and when one has a brain injury the injury reflects the known parts of the brain affected and exhibits known symptoms, that's predictability, which is self proven. If the brain was separate lobotomoies would never have worked, but they did.

What kind of an argument is that? If you destroy the TV or erase a channel does that mean the TV signal is created in TV? Excuse me but what you just wrote is a sheer nonsense, or just wishful thinking. Sorry but it is.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

What kind of an argument is that? If you destroy the TV or erase a channel does that mean the TV signal is created in TV? Excuse me but what you just wrote is a sheer nonsense, or just wishful thinking. Sorry but it is.

I'll catch you all tomorrow or in a couple of days. It's been fun. 

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 2:58 AM, Hammerclaw said:

No, facts rely on facts, everyday, mundane, ordinary facts, one can see taste feel and touch, verifiable knowledge predicated by logic and reason. Beliefs need none of that, relying as they do on things unseen and knowledge, unknowable save by that of a heart and mind that simply believes.

What are facts? We assume facts are facts but just because somebody says it is a fact don't mean it is. If you have two people at a crime scene they will give you different versions of the facts. It is the Elephant in the room and everybody sees a different version of the fact they say is.

• Like 2

The Woo just gets deeper, and deeper from the collection of scientific words that get molested in the name of New Age.

More like Barnum's minute turned to seconds.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, joc said:

Anything and Everything is possible?  Simple experiment...take as much or as little time as you wish.

Hold your arm out in front of you.   Drop a spoon out of your hand.  The spoon will fall to the floor.  Try the experiment again, but this time...try to keep the spoon floating in the air with your mind.   You might want to try this several times. In fact...you could do this experiment for the rest of your life...and every single time, the spoon will hit the floor.

Hey My Brutha..

Hold a spoon huh...   Ok ..

How is there a floor.??... What if say... I drop a spoon, onto the floor, and it bounces back to me, from My Will ...

You may say..... Ridiculous... Rite..?

Because that is what You Believe, from studying, The Law of Physicality...

But thats only one side ...

And, hey... Thats On You Right ..?

Not Me .... I know this Physical Reality ain't all there is...

So .... Ok .

Mo..xx

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

The Woo just gets deeper, and deeper from the collection of scientific words that get molested in the name of New Age.

Atamarie Friend..

What words are being Molested.?

Mo..xx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Not everything is possible. If I ask you to grow wings and you fly to me in ten minutes so I can buy you an ice cream to discuss this in person, that's not possible and won't be happening..

Hey Dude..:st...

Soz, I took long ..

I actually have "My Wings" in the Etheric Shadow Realm...

And to contact you Physically, is  Not Necessary... I can do that Energetically...

You must be in Alignment also.. Otherwise , nah..

..won't happen...

Yeah... Dang... I like Ice Cream ..

Mo..xx 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, davros of skaro said:

More like Barnum's minute turned to seconds.

The name of New Age knows a lot more then your slave religion that creates slaves,

• Like 2

:st

Would you please extrapolate, what exactly is your  vocation. 

Everybody knows the ancient myths that form the basis for the idea of an afterlife, from the Christian ideas of heaven and hell to reincarnation to the spirit realms described in Australian indigenious and American native cultures. 

Hey Dude ..

Extrapolate My Vocation .. Lol..ok .. I Know Energy..

Oh yip .. Are they Myths, are they .? Or are they so enduring, to this Day , because, they Ring True, in This Day and Age ..

Answer Me This please ...?

Why , is S C I E N C E, afraid, of the Future ...?

Mo..xx

• Like 1

there is zero proof of an afterlife. 

Ha ha ha ha..

*Zero* ... Scientific, Approved, Zero Evidence , of a Non Afterlife...

That they dont know about, but mock, none the less, ...

Science and Data, K N O W ..the Truth .. Ok people ...

This Is The Truth ..

Honest ..... Lolz ..  No.. Not really ha ha ha ...

Mo ..xx

• Like 1

6 hours ago, joc said:

Anything and Everything is possible?  Simple experiment...take as much or as little time as you wish.

Thankyou Sir..

I took as little time, um ...because what you said doesn't phase me..

Anything and Everything is possible...

But........ If you dont believe that, even though, you say SIMPLE, you actually, still mean,... Complicated.. Yip ........  Yip ..

And, so it will be ...

Mo..xx 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie Friend..

What words are being Molested.?

Mo..xx

You're playing around with a semi state of sleep paralysis thinking you're moving up in "frequency" for one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And we know the mind is the brain, 

Oh ..

Okayyy..

How do you know that..???

Could you please extrapolate your Vocation, in this Instance..

Thankyou kindly..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

Just now, davros of skaro said:

You're playing around with a semi state of sleep paralysis thinking you're moving up in "frequency" for one.

Yeah ...

Your prob right ..

Ok .. What words are being Molested?? Thanks ..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

The name of New Age knows a lot more then your slave religion that creates slaves,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

I have never mentioned pace my friend, you are still not listening. It's about sequence. Pace can go slower or faster, but sequence can NEVER BE SUBVERTED.

Yes I am, I'm using our time as a frame of reference. We only know the evidence of peering back through our time frame to its beginning to theorise that the preexisting universe had conditions that allowed at least some QM to work, other than that it's likely to be akin to the centre of black hole territory. All physics break down and for all you and I know you can get a chicken before an egg. Why can't you? Where no laws apply, what laws apply? 

I'm sorry, but your understanding of time is WARPED, BENT, BACKWARDS, WORMED THROUGH. Ahahah even FOLDED ON ITSELF. To many Star Trek episodes I'm afraid for you. 

Obviously not enough for you, the latest series has a unique form of travel, my opinion is some sort of entanglement travel. 

No need to talk about "time" dilation with me. I know Einstein very well. You just haven't been listening or understand how "time"'is defined. I told you. We are going to have to work backwards if you want to understand. 

Time is flexible in this universe, no telling what to expect in the unknown. 

You want information?...... then why don't you listen? This is not an invite to my personal cult, this is an invite to at least try to understand REAL modern physics. 

You really could be clearer, that's just a constructive comment. Talking about intelligent design sounds like a lot of cults out there already. 

"TIME" and "SPACE" as you are IMAGINING it are not defined in physics the same way. If you can wake up to that reality, we can start again, but  you sir have some serious homwork to do. This is not an insult, it's a challenge. I have always respected your integrity and thirst. 

Thanks, can you provide a link to a reputable physics paper, lecture or article to remove any crossed wires then so we have a distinct common ground to remove any confusion. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

Yeah ...

Your prob right ..

Ok .. What words are being Molested?? Thanks ..

Mo..xx

I've seen you take frequency in the back room against it's will.

• Like 2

Just now, davros of skaro said:

I've seen you take frequency in the back room against it's will.

aha ..

Its "will"... Yes... Elaborate please.?

What Back Room.?

Mo..xx

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Illyrius said:

Nah  it applies to this:

At death, the brain (receiver) dies; but consciousness (the signal), in the form of electromagnetic waves, continues to exist (in the airwaves). 

What do you think reciever is? 

That's not how it works. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Hey Dude..:st...

Soz, I took long ..

I actually have "My Wings" in the Etheric Shadow Realm...

And to contact you Physically, is  Not Necessary... I can do that Energetically...

You must be in Alignment also.. Otherwise , nah..

..won't happen...

Yeah... Dang... I like Ice Cream ..

Mo..xx 

So impossible yeah? 

• Like 2

Just now, psyche101 said:

So impossible yeah? 

No ..

If you say so, from, your end ...then.. Yip ..

So is it Possible yeah ..?

Of Course ..

Mo..xx

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nah  it applies to this:

At death, the brain (receiver) dies; but consciousness (the signal), in the form of electromagnetic waves, continues to exist (in the airwaves). 

What do you think reciever is? 

That's not how it works. 

What do You think receiver is... Really ..?

How does it work ... Physically..?

Mo..xx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

What are facts? We assume facts are facts but just because somebody says it is a fact don't mean it is. If you have two people at a crime scene they will give you different versions of the facts. It is the Elephant in the room and everybody sees a different version of the fact they say is.

Facts are repeatable on demand. Facts offer prediction (like when the moon will rise) facts resolve mathematically. 

Eyewitness testimony is fallible because we are. The man made constructs your pushing can't live up to any of the above because man is fallible. Repeatability and predictability are the best guides we have available to us. Convoluting that with imagination is just pointless. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked