Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Quantum Mysticism - dawning of the New Age

Illyrius

Hey Psyche...

Why do you think, Ancient Myths are..... So Ancient, and out of Date?..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

If someone wants to say that our souls are electromagnetic, then there's a problem with that. The earths magnetic field dwarves our own. It would be like comparing a fridge magnet (us) to an neodymium magnet (earth). We'd vanish once the power source is cut off. 

Hey Dude...

What if "the power source" actually enhances the Powers, rather than, Diminish it ...??

Mo..xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Like I said

The mind is the brain

The brain is made of atoms

We know how atoms work 

That is just fabulicious...

The " MIND" is Not the Brain... MIND is .. ENERGY .Brains, in the Physical, are atoms and eves.. I mean..... Molecules, and the Rest of it ...

Mo.. xx

• Like 2

Mind vs Brain

Mind is related to brain. Most people do not find any difference between the two words mind and brain. Most scientists and thinkers believe that the brain and the mind are one and cannot be separated. Most of the time these two words are used interchangeably. While brain is considered to be a physical thing, mind is considered to be mental.

The brain is composed of nerve cells and blood vessels whereas the mind is not like that. While the brain has a definite shape, the mind does not have one. We can see and touch the brain whereas it is not possible to do this with the mind.

As the brain is made up of several materials, it can be studied. On the other hand, it is hard to conduct studies on the mind as it is not made up of any material.

The brain is an important organ in the human body whereas the mind is not like that. It is in the brain that all the functions and activities take place. The brain, which is the centre of the nervous system, coordinates the movements, thoughts and feelings. But these are put forth or felt through the mind. We all use the mind to think, feel and respond. The Mind refers to a person’s understanding of things and also his conscience. Mind also refers to a person’s thought process.

The brain has a definite place in the head. But with regard to mind, it is only supposed to be in the brain. The brain may be affected with diseases and can be diagnosed whereas mind does not have such complications.

Summary

1. Most of the scientists and thinkers believe that brain and mind are one and cannot be separated.
  2. While brain is considered to be a physical thing,  the mind is considered to be mental.
  3. Brain is made up of nerve cells and blood vessels whereas mind is not like that.
  4. While brain has a definite shape, mind does not have one.
  5. We can see and touch the brain whereas it is not possible with mind.
  6. The brain is an important organ in the human body whereas the mind is not like that.
  7. The brain, which is the centre of the nervous system, coordinates the movements, thoughts and feelings. The mind refers to a person’s understanding of things and also his conscience. Mind also refers to a person’s thought process.
  8. The Brain has a definite place in the head, but with regard to mind, it is only supposed to be in the brain.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

No I haven't cormec read again. I have not been engaging in assuming a conclusion merely offering eveifence.. really. Read again and you will see that I consistently make sure everyone knows this. You wouldn't be skipping over those parts would you? Or is selective reading part of your own coping mechanisms?

And WTF is a Planck time there genius? Guess what? I already know. Can you define it properly or are you still being a parrot? Try google Mr. Mensa. 

I have done all that you have claimed I haven't within the confines of an iPhone and an Internet forum, unless you have an actual argument agains my argument without the usually meaningless, utterly useless, meaningless, layman, not suported, and simply yawning response, I don't think anyone can take you seriously because your response amounts to nothing mort than a little kid with its tung out. Hahahah. 

Seriously. I don't think you know how this works. Make a counter argument and contribute something meaninful other wise no one can possibly take you seriously. 

In other words you have nothing more than your unsupported opinion. Gotcha. Go BS someone else into believing you know what you’re talking about. You’re not succeeding here. 

cormac

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Illyrius said:

The brain has a definite place in the head. But with regard to mind, it is only supposed to be in the brain. The brain may be affected with diseases and can be diagnosed whereas mind does not have such complications.

Wait.. what? The mind doesn't have diseases? Did I read that right?

• Like 1

Given the way this thread has been going over the last few pages, there's little point keeping this going.

Closed.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked