Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Toy tiger sparks armed police alert

Still Waters

Armed police were sent to an Aberdeenshire farm after reports of a tiger on the loose - only to discover it was a large cuddly toy.

A nervous farmer had phoned for help after spotting the beast lying down in his cowshed on Saturday night.

Several vehicles, including an armed response team, were despatched to the farm at Hatton, near Peterhead.

Police contacted a wildlife park to check if it had an escapee, before the tiger was found not to be real.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-42957156

• Like 6

I can understand the farmers concern... but it does make me wonder who put the toy there and why did they pull this prank on this farmer.

• Like 2

This is really funny to me because I have the same big toy tiger :D

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:29 AM, rashore said:

I can understand the farmers concern... but it does make me wonder who put the toy there and why did they pull this prank on this farmer.

Its obvious isn't it? :yes:

Image result for calvin and hobbes

• Like 4

I know this farmer's concern seeing what he thought was a real Tiger and the threat involved.  They are making these stuffed animals look more and more life-like.  Several years ago I bought a very real looking stuffed Possum from a restaurant, but my Great Pyrenees who guarded my goats took it as his own and would park it here and there.  Well one day my dad shot at it from a distance with a 22 rifle.   Thinking he'd shot something he told me to come and look.   About halfway there I had to laugh when saw it was that toy Possum.

To that farmer it probably wasn't funny, but most likely it was just a silly prank.;)

• Like 1