Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MC's Art gallery

Mentalcase

TO, that one is my favorite now too. It's beautiful

and has a magical aura to it. smile.gif

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mentalcase

• TheOracle

• SpaceyKC

• Bizarro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanx guys wub.gif .

It's not the same kind of drawings and it isn't as well done technically as Halo's, but here I post some of the drawings I made on computer. I made them for a friend who owns a Cyber Cafe and needed advertsings...

post-49-1051946916.jpg

WoW Ronin, ohmy.gif not only cute but Talented too. smile.gif

I love your anime style pictures. It's very much like the illustration you see in graphic comics. I bet your friend is glad to have a mate like you. biggrin.gif

biggrin.gifohmy.gif They are very good Ronin...

its cool, but...what is it? huh.gif

edit: i see what it is..its...art...

Edited by Slayer Boy

Oh thanks...it's been a while I haven't made something I'm not really able now...

The last I have...

post-49-1051954726.jpg

very interesting stuff, Ronin. you should try making expressionist versions of them. then you would have your own artistic niche smile.gif

Thank you DS, I take your advice into consideration! smile.gif

Ok...there's "Batman animated" on TV, like every sunday morning, so I'll come back later!

Have a nice sunday all! smile.gif

Whoa takes me back to the 60's, not that i was there, but still takes me back.Cool dude...yeh peace man. tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I like it Sageghost . I would love it in a pair of boots wub.gif

Halo I just saw your stuff that's awesome , where they free hand or drafted from another pic ?

Ronin there is actually a certain level of artistic ability required for your kind of art , nice job .

Sugestion though , I think we should rename the thread . What do you guy's think ? unsure.gif

Good suggestion Kismit, since it has definitely extended to

many other talented forum members.

Sageghost, I really like that wallpaper (good idea for it).

I like the colors, and the 'bubbles' almost look like they're

going to move. (oops, have I been staring too long?) ohmy.gif

Thank You kismit smile.gif All mystuff is freehand, but I get a lot of inspiration from graphic novels and comics like 2000AD, I think the first 2 are characters from a comic strip in 2000AD called ABC Warriors. I have more recent pieces but alot of it's in my portfolio which is in my attic, and there's some huge spiders up there. biggrin.gif A friend of mine Henry Flint actually now draws Judge Dredd, we went to Exmouth School then Plymouth Art College together. cool.gif

ohmy.gif Judge Dredd....really? ohmy.gif

I envy him, when I was young I wanted to be a comics drawer, I still have a lot of stories I would like to see released one day (in my deepest dreams!).

Go for it Ronin ... an illustrator has more chance of making money if they write there own stories .

Halo sounds like your rubbing shoulders with an elite bunch , My arts not so good but I prefer to see the stuff my children and I make up around the house . smile.gif

Wawe That is way toooooo Cool man .. i love them sooooo much .. i wish i could do that as you did .. I am very interested in art .. so I hope you like the ones i did tongue.gif

Sorry i can't take tha whole picture because my scaner does not fit

I'm sorry I hadn't gotten in here sooner Djdodo , that's really pretty it reminds me of doves and peace and well it's really nice. Well done smile.gif

thank you ((Kismit)) smile.gif

I am working in my new painting it won't finish till the end of june.. tongue.gif

• 5 months later...

I know I’m commenting on a drawing a few pages back, but I’ve just seen this thread and wanted to comment on it.

The drawing you done, Halo, with the horse and the rider with the wings on the head, was similar to the one I drew years ago for my art exam. Like me I presume you are an old reader of 2000AD?

Personal I love to draw, and have an uncanny ability to copy an image almost to a mirror image. But when it comes to drawing something from my head…poof…nothing… disgust.gif I need inspiration. And if 2000AD doesn’t inspire an artist, then they need to start up something else, lol.

Just a small point, is 2000AD still around? I have been living in Mexico for years, and when I pop back to England for a holiday I never think to check! sad.gif

I have looked at all the art on this thread and what can i saw WOW

Halo yours art reminds me of final fantasy ink art, its very difficult to draw with ink, especially when the slightest mistake can mean certain doom. What pen and ink do you use?

MC those abstracts at the start are extremely beautiful, the colors are rich and lovely i like, although i do see the tendency to use the same colors? especially red and green, they are still good pieces though thumbsup.gif

Bizarro, those controversial pictures are excellent, i have never got into photo merging or anything similar, but they always make great pieces, you can spend hours looking at the picture and always find something new everytime you look at them.

Celti love the dragon, very neat, for a sketch although if you added some shading to it like the lower parts of the eyeball it would look alot better, but its great all the same happy.gif

Ronin love your style, i'm guessing your influence is DBZ? thats the way i see it. Excellent cartoons, trying to get the anoatomy right is difficult, but you seem to have had no problem there.

TO, i have seen alot of your pieces and they are all great i love the devil style pic, also reminds me of something else not suitable for this forum >_> LOL

Sage that would make a great wallpaper, not too in your face or clashing colors i like.

If anyone wonders who my influences are, its CLAMP, and Yoshiyuki Sadamoto (the greatest japanese artist alive, created neon genesis evangelion)

Halo yours art reminds me of final fantasy ink art, its very difficult to draw with ink, especially when the slightest mistake can mean certain doom. What pen and ink do you use?

Aww Thank you Angel....Yep your right ink is very difficult to work with and I make plenty of mistakes but a little artisic licence usually takes care of that. thumbsup.gif I use a variety of fine point ink pens that you can get from any good art shop..usually "The Copy Shop" and a good bloting paper to get rid of the access, I also like to use a fine brush with ink to get a nice wispy affect. Thank you for taking the time to look and I'll definetly check out your art. original.gif

Kryso

Oh Yes 2000AD rules and it is still going, my mate who I mentioned earlier Henry Flint is now the artist drawing "Judge Dredd" he's visiting his parents soon as we lived in the same town and hopefully I'll bump into him..if I do I'll get him to do a little drawing and put it on the site..I'v got the first addition of 2000AD and he promised to sign it for me last time I saw him...mind you we were very drunk!!!

If you send me your address in a IM I'll send you a copy..WHSmith stock the weekly's and monthly graphic novels...God! I sound like a comic book nerd! rolleyes.gif My fav characters were Slaine, ABC Warriors, Sam Slade and of course Halo Jones.

Unfortunately living in the sticks we don't got no fancy art shops here, well we got one but when i asked for a ink pen, they gave me a free carving candle..... blink.gif

have you tryed japanese brush ink pens? very hard to get hold of and cost a bomb but they are great pens to work with. The only problem i have is after finishing a drawing and inking it, i want to rush it into the scanner so i can photoshop it, and smudge the ink while trying to rub the pencil lines out >_> i'm a eager beaver...