Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Great Pyramid of Giza is finally cracked!

kborissov

19 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

Oh, great. First Australia, now Denmark. This world keeps getting smaller, like an episode of Twilight Zone. Next you'll be saying my own city of Chicago is imaginary and I'm actually sitting here in the middle of a winter corn field, freezing my cheeks off.

Chicago is not imaginary. It is America's dunny...

• Like 2

On 2/22/2018 at 2:33 AM, Kenemet said:

I'm going to ignore the rest of your message until tomorrow and just address this:

• There is no such thing as the "Pyramid Texts."
  • There are ten pyramids and they each have a funerary text (including spells and prayers) in them.  EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS DIFFERENT. 
  • Allen's is the only translation that lists each individual pyramid and then gives the translation for the text in that single pyramid.  This text gives all the individual pyramids (and NO material from the later coffins) and it's separated by what appeared in which pyramid.
  • Each pyramid has a completely different text in it.  There are many sections that are similar or the same - BUT they don't even have the same number of sentences or sections in each pyramid.  There's many things (the Cannibal Hymn, for instance) that appear in just ONE pyramid and never anywhere else.  
  • The material in the "Pyramid Texts Book" is not what was actually written in the pyramids.   AS THE ACTUAL TRANSLATOR NOTES SAY the "Pyramid Texts Book" is a combined text - they took similar phrases from each pyramid and lumped them together along with similar phrases in coffins and lumped them together.  
  • The "Pyramid Texts Book" is just a "Cliff Notes" of the real texts which has been improved upon (Faulkner, specifically) as more material appeared and translations became more understandable (the original books were done with far less material.)  

Pretending that the English translation you found represents what's in all the pyramids is not correct.  There's no such thing as "The Pyramid Texts."

Thanks for a crash course. Remind me again how all this is related to my theory? 

2 minutes ago, kborissov said:

my theory? 

Is that what you call it? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Chicago is not imaginary. It is America's dunny...

Why, I mentioned just the other day Kmt's broad shoulders!

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

Is that what you call it? 

I have another word for it but apparently auto correct doesn't like it so it's probably against forum protocol so I'm just going to say geyser.

jmccr8

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I have another word for it but apparently auto correct doesn't like it so it's probably against forum protocol so I'm just going to say geyser.

jmccr8

More like "pile".

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 7:34 PM, kmt_sesh said:

All I can say here is that this comment reflects your deficit in understanding how translations are conducted. This is clear to those of us who've undergone the linguistic training. If you don't understand the translations, you should never try to form an argument about them. You don't look good in the attempt.

Never said I am an expert in theological translations, in fact I said completely opposite. Will never be, do not want to be  

This is Egyptology 101. It is clear the boats buried with kings (and some nobles) represent their ability to travel with Re across the sky, and through the netherworld in his boat. If someone was buried with something, it was expected that the buried object, whatever it was, would be fully functional to that person in the afterlife. Very basic stuff.

Instead of taking Egyptology 101, you would better take Engineering 101, that is where they discuss in details why copper tools are not good to cut granite. I am bringing up copper tools, trust me that is not even top 10 on my list of reasons why the Khufu pyramid was not built as a tomb. Also, read Utterance 263 (and yes, Faulkner) for the boat in the sky. Read it as is, without your theological interpretation and bias. I know may be tough after doing 30 years of tomb Egyptology research, you may need to spend additional 30 years to undo your Egyptology research, before you can think straight.

The Sons of Horus are first evidenced in the Pyramid Texts, so that's late Dynasty 5 in the pyramid of Unis. Perhaps Kenemet can correct me if they actually appear in a later set of Texts, in Dynasty 6, but they definitely emerge in the Old Kingdom (third millennium BCE). They developed and changed a lot through time, and the jars with heads don't even appear until the Middle Kingdom—the canopics of the Old Kingdom are flat-topped jars. In the Middle Kingdom they are either all four human headed or sometimes falcon headed. They did not take on the four different animal-topped lids until late in Dynasty 18 or early Dynasty 19 (shortly after the time of Kinh Tut, in other words_.So eventually the canopic jars were represented by four different animal-headed deities. They further became associated with four different goddesses, and the four cardinal directions. There was no particular color or colors associated with them, although extant jars do sometimes show a variety of painting schemes (usually in the faces, rims, and on the hieroglyphs).

The Horus sons appear in the Pyramid text. Then, they appear in the later years where the reference is made to their colors. Therefore, the statement that Horus sons have nothing to do with colors is WRONG! everything else in your post is just smoke and mirrors!

19 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph

It is not my fault that he gave up beautiful Ozark scenery for a concrete cesspool....

• Like 2

On 2/21/2018 at 7:40 PM, kmt_sesh said:

You're dealing with people who have a solid background in Egyptological research. Kenemet is particularly adept at magic and religion. My background is funerary customs and hieroglyphic inscriptions. You should not pretend to be holding back Egyptological theological knowledge when some of us are quite well equipped to understand it at an advanced level. When you do, it reads as though you're trying to hide a deficit. Do not worry about being "too complex." Support your theme in full. Any errors you make in the religion or in religious texts will jump out at us immediately. I can assure you.

Let me get it straight. Instead of telling me why my theory is wrong, you decided to dazzle me with your academic pedigrees? Why I am laughing now so hard? :)))) Do you even realize how lame is what you are saying. 

I think in the future I need to be more careful with what I say to kenemet. Did not know anyone is majoring in Magic this days? (no sarcasm).

On 2/19/2018 at 9:57 PM, jaylemurph said:

...nothing defuses my skepticism like seeing a YouTube video that spells "weighing" wrong IN THE TITLE. That's some crack quality control work.

--Jaylemurph

thanks for the pointer on weighing. Fixed!

6 minutes ago, kborissov said:

Let me get it straight. Instead of telling me why my theory is wrong

Well, for starters there was no contact between Egypt and the Pre-Columbian  Americas.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kborissov said:

Thanks for a crash course. Remind me again how all this is related to my theory? 

You're the one who brought up the Pyramid Texts.  You tried to relate it to your idea.  So the onus of its relationship is on you, I believe.  My main point (you haven't actually used the Pyramid Texts and you're not proving anything) still stands.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kborissov said:

Let me get it straight. Instead of telling me why my theory is wrong, you decided to dazzle me with your academic pedigrees? Why I am laughing now so hard? :)))) Do you even realize how lame is what you are saying. 

I think in the future I need to be more careful with what I say to kenemet. Did not know anyone is majoring in Magic this days? (no sarcasm).

I don't know why you're laughing.  There's libraries full of information about Egypt - translations of what they said, documentation of how they built things, poetry that they wrote, etc, etc.  If you spend a few years on it, you can even learn to read the hieroglyphs.

There's a lot that still needs to be researched.  However, in order to do a decent job (as with any topic) you have to be well informed about it the culture and the art and the technology and to be able to read the language.   It takes awhile, and there's a lot of material to cover.  It's not very hilarious but it's fascinating.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kborissov said:

If you cannot understand why I wrote that, there's little point in my spending valuable time in this discussion. I might leave more of it to Kenemet. You're the one tossing out one baseless assumption after another while trying to turn ancient Egypt into a sci-fi comic strip. Perhaps you don't see it, but you have not adequately supported a single one of your themes. Then again, no fringe poster on these boards ever has been successful.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kborissov said:

Never said I am an expert in theological translations, in fact I said completely opposite. Will never be, do not want to be  

Instead of taking Egyptology 101, you would better take Engineering 101, that is where they discuss in details why copper tools are not good to cut granite.

As an actual (former) mechanical engineer, I can tell you that in Engineering 101, cutting granite with copper is only discussed in a general way, and involves no great detail at all.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't believe the subject even came up.

I guess my memory is fading.

You'd think someone would remember a thing like that.

Harte

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

--Jaylemurph

kmt_sesh is Chicago incarnate. The City of the Big Shoulders. The Windy City.

Harte

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kmt_sesh said:

If you cannot understand why I wrote that, there's little point in my spending valuable time in this discussion. I might leave more of it to Kenemet. You're the one tossing out one baseless assumption after another while trying to turn ancient Egypt into a sci-fi comic strip. Perhaps you don't see it, but you have not adequately supported a single one of your themes. Then again, no fringe poster on these boards ever has been successful.

Your gonna dry up the milk with responses like that.

Harte

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Harte said:

As an actual (former) mechanical engineer, I can tell you that in Engineering 101, cutting granite with copper is only discussed in a general way, and involves no great detail at all.

In fact, now that I think about it, I don't believe the subject even came up.

I guess my memory is fading.

You'd think someone would remember a thing like that.

Harte

As we all know, you'd have to take the history of engineering for that.  They also don't show how to make Roman concrete and other things that aren't relevant to modern materials and processes.  We harden copper by other methods, not by using high arsenic copper (which is almost a bronze) as the ancient Egyptians did.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

As we all know, you'd have to take the history of engineering for that.  They also don't show how to make Roman concrete and other things that aren't relevant to modern materials and processes.  We harden copper by other methods, not by using high arsenic copper (which is almost a bronze) as the ancient Egyptians did.

The Egyptian method is, of course, the origin of the term "dirty copper" that became even more popularized in the 1930s.

Harte

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, Harte said:

kmt_sesh is Chicago incarnate. The City of the Big Shoulders. The Windy City.

Harte

I have been called windy.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jarocal said:

It is not my fault that he gave up beautiful Ozark scenery for a concrete cesspool....

We all wander at the promptings of the Hounds.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 4

On 2/22/2018 at 8:05 PM, Jarocal said:

Rashore pops in here every once in a while...

On 2/22/2018 at 11:29 PM, kmt_sesh said:

Thank goodness for that. Someone has to keep you crazy people in line. :D

Shhhhh, don’t talk to the patients that escaped G1 kmt... they see mummy’s and orbs and stuff.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I have been called windy.

Yes, but for what reason? :w00t:

cormac

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Shhhhh, don’t talk to the patients that escaped G1 kmt... they see mummy’s and orbs and stuff.

Usually he prefers a “captive” audience. :lol:

cormac

• Like 2

• The topic was locked