Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija board

babydrummer

3 hours ago, babydrummer said:

20180202_234214_resized_2.jpg

That scrape looks like somebody tried to write something with a screwdriver on her back.

Throw the board in the sink. Run water over it for a while. Take it out and burn it, and stop playing with things you don't understand. 

8 hours ago, babydrummer said:

20180202_234214_resized_2.jpg

Thanks for sharing. It definitely seems like you ran into something paranormal and negative and that she is a strong conduit. This is not uncommon in the many strong Ouija board cases I have heard.

You know not to do that again. For me, this is just more confirmation that we live in a mindboggling complex universe. 

Edited by papageorge1

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Thanks for sharing. It definitely seems like you ran into something paranormal and negative and that she is a strong conduit. This is not uncommon in the many strong Ouija board cases I have heard.

You know not to do that again. For me, this is just more confirmation that we live in a mindboggling complex universe. 

No I won't be ever doing one again. I'm just trying to put it to the back of my mind now and put it down to an experience! 

10 minutes ago, babydrummer said:

No I won't be ever doing one again. I'm just trying to put it to the back of my mind now and put it down to an experience! 

Great. The value in sharing such true stories is that it warns others and helps us learn more about this mindboggling universe. 

So thanks again for sharing.

16 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Great. The value in sharing such true stories is that it warns others and helps us learn more about this mindboggling universe. 

So thanks again for sharing.

What has a board game got to do with the universe paraG? 

Yes the universe is mind boggling, but it is not difficult to get ones head round how people can be taken in by stories and playing mind games with a board game. As i said earlier...you can create the same effect on ones mind by using a piece of paper with letters on it...all you have to do is believe something will happen and your mind will make it so.

make-it-so.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

What has a board game got to do with the universe paraG? 

It provides a focal point for a group to open themselves to spirits. And spirits may respond.

The actual physical board is not magical in my view.

12 hours ago, freetoroam said:

...all you have to do is believe something will happen and your mind will make it so.

I think you are taking that too far. I'd like to see your mind create scratches on yourself like on the photo of those two people.

46 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think you are taking that too far. I'd like to see your mind create scratches on yourself like on the photo of those two people.

I am not convinced the scratches got there by a demon....that is taking it too far!

I believe the op is believing in this because the sister in law and maybe the brother did the scratches prior to starting ( hence on the back where it can not been seen) to make out the game works. 

Jeeze...how many times have we seen people faking it to make it look convincing? Too many!!!

If they do the game again, i highly recommend the op check the sister in laws back before they start. and if she leaves the room for a break, check her again when she gets back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It only happened to my sister in law, the 2 photos are the same person.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, babydrummer said:

Its ok....it is ParaG not concentrating again. This is why he gets so confused. :lol:

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

I am not convinced the scratches got there by a demon....that is taking it too far!

I believe the op is believing in this because the sister in law and maybe the brother did the scratches prior to starting ( hence on the back where it can not been seen) to make out the game works. 

You have the sister-in-law and maybe the brother as an intentional deceiver of everybody. The OP, who was there and knows these people,  presents a different picture of the sister-in-law and her experience. 

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Jeeze...how many times have we seen people faking it to make it look convincing? Too many!!!

'Rarely' on this forum is my opinion for stories like this one. But fakery is alleged almost every time I agree. It becomes the last go-to explanation for the anti-paranormal crowd. I think in general we are most often seeing people giving honest stories of things they do not understand, like @babydrummer       

Edited by papageorge1

8 hours ago, babydrummer said:

OK, I remembered that part wrong. It was two events on the same person.

How likely does it seem to you that your sister-in-law would have  staged all this herself intentionally to freak people out?

Edited by papageorge1

I'd like to think she wouldn't, she has cried a couple of times when doing the board as her mum came though and answered personal questions to her. I have myself already thought about this and I did mention it to my brother. But can't work it out in my own head. If she had done it them it didn't look staged at all, she fell like a sack of spuds to the floor when the scratches apereared on her neck, i don't think she would scratch herself to them extremes as one part had drew blood. My brother was as equally as shocked as I was.

• Like 1