Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why do we Dream?

Aquila King

6 minutes ago, moonman said:

Just like you can in a daydream.

Yes but in a daydream I am using it to visualize what I am building and the input is deliberate from the onset whereas while asleep the input may be subconscious and I manipulate it rather then just experience the dream as it unfolds. 

jmccr8 

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Yes but in a daydream I am using it to visualize what I am building and the input is deliberate from the onset whereas while asleep the input may be subconscious and I manipulate it rather then just experience the dream as it unfolds. 

jmccr8 

So what? No difference. Mind makes up pictures, you see them, you (maybe) alter them. Actively thinking about something or letting your subconscious do it - end result is the same. It's all images in your head.

Edited by moonman

9 minutes ago, moonman said:

So what? No difference. Mind makes up pictures, you see them, you (maybe) alter them. Actively thinking about something or letting your subconscious do it - end result is the same. It's all images in your head.

I would think that for me there is little difference but for those that dream during rem that do not actively interfere  that they have a different outcome like nightmares

jmccr8