Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guttural Growl

Brandy333

This story happened back in the 1960s to my dad and brother in San Antonio, Texas.   I was still pretty young but remember how it went.  There is an old, what used to be an Air Field, called Stinson Field.  Also there were some old barracks there that kept German POWs.  Even though it is no longer used for Military purposes other businesses were in place there.  Skirting Stinson Field is a large cemetery.

One of the businesses there was a large building where my dad worked on tires and whatnot, and he and my brother were alone at night with the door opened.   They began to hear what sounded like a guttural growling noise and they went to the door to see.   The noise kept getting closer and closer, so being pretty spooked they closed the door quick.   Dad said it sounded like something in agony and they didn't want any part of it.  Never saw anything, just heard it.

The next night dad was working in that building alone and kept thinking of that noise, afraid he'd hear it again but didn't.   Through the years I'd get dad to retell the story of that night and he'd get a look on his face like whatever it was spooked him and my brother quite a bit.       

Edited by Brandy333
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

LOL don't tales like this bug you Brandy? It makes me wish I could be there and go outside to see what it may have been :). Fun story, thank you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

LOL don't tales like this bug you Brandy? It makes me wish I could be there and go outside to see what it may have been :). Fun story, thank you.

I've always wondered what it was too, dad said at first they thought it might be a dog, but they saw no dogs.  Being right next to a large cemetery, and at night just adds to the mystery.