Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

6 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

On one hand you treat God as an all powerful creator, yet here you're describing God as an unintelligent "entity" powerless to do anything.

Sounds like you've invented a god who only does what you agree with.

An all powerful Creator yes, that gave us free will.

Sounds like you lack the understanding of this one simple idea.

• Like 2

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

An all powerful Creator yes, that gave us free will.

Sounds like you lack the understanding of this one simple idea.

Nope, God was just present when we evolved the ability to make choices.

Your argument is basically special pleading.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

I don't think that you even need a belief in God per se to accept this idea of oneness, just a belief in life, or love should bring us to the same place.

:st.. Atamarie My Friend..

I understand the Message you are trying to convey here ..and it is Beautiful..:tsu:...

If we have Compassion towards our human family, and believe in a higher good, whether, its a god, or a tree, or a sunset, ..that feeling within ,that stirs us, towards, Peace, and healing, tolerance, understanding, respect ...etc etc ..An Intent towards a Better World of Unity... 

I Feel , that this is the Goal, or Purpose .... Unity ...

And Not Division ..

Because, We Are All One ...:yes:...!!!

Mo ..xx

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

No.

I am suggesting that God is the animating force within all atoms. Animal, mineral, and vegetable. THE ALL is in everything, and everything is in THE ALL.

But that it is humanity which is more self aware and therefore has more free will than a tree or a rock.

Who conveniently only wants what you agree with. All your babble about God wanting love and peace can be countered using the exact same arguments you've used against mass murder.

• Like 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Nope, God was just present when we evolved the ability to make choices.

Your argument is basically special pleading.

I have no idea what this means.

• Like 2

Just now, Crazy Horse said:

I have no idea what this means.

It means your assigning of actions to God is arbitrary, there is no rational reasoning only what you feel like.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

All your babble about God wanting love and peace 

Hey.. Howsit going ..

Would you like an environment of Love and Peace ..?

Everything else aside ..

Just your thoughts ..

Would you ..?

Mo..xx

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

It means your assigning of actions to God is arbitrary, there is no rational reasoning only what you feel like.

Hey again ..

What does Rational Reasoning mean to you ?

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

:st.. Atamarie My Friend..

I understand the Message you are trying to convey here ..and it is Beautiful..:tsu:...

If we have Compassion towards our human family, and believe in a higher good, whether, its a god, or a tree, or a sunset, ..that feeling within ,that stirs us, towards, Peace, and healing, tolerance, understanding, respect ...etc etc ..An Intent towards a Better World of Unity... 

I Feel , that this is the Goal, or Purpose .... Unity ...

And Not Division ..

Because, We Are All One ...:yes:...!!!

Mo ..xx

Atarmarie Mo..

And thank you for explaining it like this, it really isn't the hardest concept to wrap our heads around yet some are having a difficult time of it. Its almost like they dont want to see a better day for one an all! Im sure thats not true but....

And compassion is a key component, but the simple idea of Oneness will engender a lot more compassion and kindness than this long held view that we are all separate, in fact, we can see this world of seperation today!

Unity is the goal because it will quite naturally and quite peacefully change everything we experience today, to something quite amazing, only our imaginations will hold us back!

"We are One" 3 little words that could, would, change evrything!

Thanks Mo..xxx

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I still have no idea of what you are talking about.

What I am saying is that God is in everything and everything is in God.

But because we have free will, the resoncibility to create a peaceful beautiful world is on us, not God.

God already gave us life and free will, now it is up to us to use it to help create a better world.

Its a very simple idea.

But any rational reasoning comes with the consequences of such a belief, peace for example, compared with what we have today, for example. And the reasoning comes from the idea that the Big Bang, the energy for that must have come from somewhere, much like life must have come from somewhere and consciousness too must have come from somewhere, I happen to call that place THE ALL. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Atarmarie Mo..

And thank you for explaining it like this, it really isn't the hardest concept to wrap our heads around yet some are having a difficult time of it. Its almost like they dont want to see a better day for one an all! Im sure thats not true but....

And compassion is a key component, but the simple idea of Oneness will engender a lot more compassion and kindness than this long held view that we are all separate, in fact, we can see this world of seperation today!

Unity is the goal because it will quite naturally and quite peacefully change everything we experience today, to something quite amazing, only our imaginations will hold us back!

Thanks Mo..xxx

I am really not so sure about this idea of Oneness, in terms of humanity. In terms of ultimate reality - yes.

Furthermore i agree that people are more alienated from each others in their own cultures and societies, family is breaking apart slowly but steadily. Divorces are constantly on the rise, society is more and more divided inside of itself.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

You're confusing understanding with agreement. As already pointed out, your concept is fallacious. It's not hard to understand you made it up. Good thing we have you to tell us what God does or doesn't want.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Atarmarie Mo..

Thanks Mo..xxx

Aaawww.. You are Welcome CH.. Thankyou too ...!!!

Your so cool ..

:tsu:....

Yes, its an Easy Concept,..

Hard for some to get, due to their personal views or knowledge..

That is Okay ...

Just keep Doing the Due ...:yes:..

There are Many More Eyes on your Words, then just the Minds Participating ..

The Essence of Your Message is Beautiful ..

Keep up the Good Work ..:D..

Mo..xx

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Who conveniently only wants what you agree with. All your babble about God wanting love and peace can be countered using the exact same arguments you've used against mass murder.

If that is your attitude about the things that I am talking about, then concider yourself on ignore. 

Have a great life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

If that is your attitude about the things that I am talking about, then concider yourself on ignore. 

Have a great life.

You see we are not Oneness?

• Like 2

I still have no idea of what you are talking about.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/163/Special-Pleading

What I am saying is that God is in everything and everything is in God.

But because we have free will, the resoncibility to create a peaceful beautiful world is on us, not God.

God already gave us life and free will, now it is up to us to use it to help create a better world.

How do you know God did it?

Lets use your same logic you countered mass murder with. God didn't create life or free will, God was simply present when it happened.

Its a very simple idea.

But any rational reasoning comes with the consequences of such a belief, peace for example, compared with what we have today, for example. And the reasoning comes from the idea that the Big Bang, the energy for that must have come from somewhere, much like life must have come from somewhere and consciousness too must have come from somewhere, I happen to call that place THE ALL. 

For a simple mind.

Nothing you've presented has any substance. In fact your God is created from your own wishes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

In fact your God is created from your own wishes.

In fact this is only a boring mantra of your cult. Human construct, idea, wishes... so boring and empty phrases.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

You see we are not Oneness?

Aha ..!!!

Yes .. For now.. But that is the goal ..

Oneness doesn't  just mean, all fluffy duffy love etc...

Its a Respect, a Tolerance of others beliefs etc, but the underlying goal, is building a solid foundation, towards unity.. Working together for Peace...

There will be For and Against,  however, if the Common Goal was toward a Structure of Acceptance and Understanding of our fellow man, that foundation , would be a great start towards the Eventual Oneness .. Who knows how long it will take, but its a start.. 

Mo..xx

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MauriOra said:

Oneness doesn't  just mean, all fluffy duffy love etc...

Lolz

Ok then.. then i support it hahaha :D

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

I am really not so sure about this idea of Oneness, in terms of humanity. In terms of ultimate reality - yes.

Furthermore i agree that people are more alienated from each others in their own cultures and societies, family is breaking apart slowly but steadily. Divorces are constantly on the rise, society is more and more divided inside of itself.

Well, in a relative sense you are correct of cause, the human psyche has been conditioned by this idea of separateness. From God and from each other. This idea has been an absolute disaster.

But if as you suggest, that in an ultimate sense we are One, then this leads us to the idea, the belief, the actions and results stemming from unity, ie peace and beauty etc..

Alienation, the very word means a feeling of separateness, 'breaking apart'....

This Great Divorce from God, just the very idea, has led us to a pretty dark and dank place.

Luckily the answer is a simple one.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

In fact this is only a boring mantra of your cult. Human construct, idea, wishes... so boring and empty phrases.

Isn't it strange your god does only what you want him to do? So blind you can't see the obvious.

• Like 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

Isn't it strange your god does only what you want him to do? So blind you can't see the obvious.

Uffff... my god does not do only what i want him to do. If he did do that i would turn into a dolphin now and swim and make laughing noises from the water remembering this topic.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Lolz

Ok then.. then i support it hahaha :D

Hahahaha ..

Your a crack up ..:lol:...

Do You always my friend ..

Mo..xx

• Like 3

Just now, Illyrius said:

Uffff... my god does not do only what i want him to do. If he did do that i would turn into a dolphin now and swim and make laughing noises from the water remembering this topic.

And yet you responded to my comment that was criticising such a god.

• Like 1

Just now, Rlyeh said:

And yet you responded to my comment that was criticising such a god.

When was that and what did I say exactly?

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked