Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

It's not for you to decide my temperament. A lot of people here seem to have some level of respect for you. I'm still on the fence about it. 

In a venue where your sole identity is words streaming silently across a screen, you are what you type. That's the image you project and there's no point putting all your drama on a public forum, then getting mad when people judge you and take you at your word. They most certainly will, but they may not be so polite about it.

• Like 3

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

In a venue where your sole identity is words streaming silently across a screen, you are what you type. That's the image you project and there's no point putting all your drama on a public forum, then getting mad when people judge you and take you at your word. They most certainly will, but they may not be so polite about it.

Do you honestly think I care? Yep, I've had a rough patch that's for sure. Some dark times in my life. But I'm not trying to be anyone's hero. Not a saint or savior. Can you honestly say the same for yourself? You come at me from time to time, why do you even bother? I never asked for it. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You rest your case? You who now no longer believe? I don"t believe you ever really did.

But he said he did believe.  So, you'd be mistaken then.  And besides, why do you find it necessary to talk about people?  That's how threads get closed.  Talking about people does not address the topic.  

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Do you honestly think I care? Yep, I've had a rough patch that's for sure. Some dark times in my life. But I'm not trying to be anyone's hero. Not a saint or savior. Can you honestly say the same for yourself? You come at me from time to time, why do you even bother? I never asked for it. 

Say whatever you want and ignore people who just want to talk about people.  That would be my advice.  I like reading your posts, don't find it offensive and have no problem reading without feeling the need to comment about your feelings. 

• Like 5

It usually starts, just as it did, this time, with you making a snarky comment on something I posted. Then I say something humble and uplifting and you respond with your usual lamentation of sadness and misery and assorted negativity. I don't know why YOU bother.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Guyver said:

Say whatever you want and ignore people who just want to talk about people.  That would be my advice.  I like reading your posts, don't find it offensive and have no problem reading without feeling the need to comment about your feelings. 

Thanks. To be on topic. People will look for anything to 'confirm' their beliefs, even when the connections do not really exist. I could spin the creation of man into a little tale that sounds 'sciency' enough to convince people. But that would be lying to them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

It usually starts, just as it did, this time, with you making a snarky comment on something I posted. Then I say something humble and uplifting and you respond with your usual lamentation of sadness and misery and assorted negativity. I don't know why YOU bother.

Humble? I think you're just trying to make yourself look good. 

• Like 3

Just now, XenoFish said:

Humble? I think you're just trying to make yourself look good. 

Now who's being judgmental? We,certainly have one thing in common: We just can't resist expressing our opinions.

• Like 3

Now who's being judgmental? We,certainly have one thing in common: We just can't resist expressing our opinions.

Not judgment, opinion. There's a difference. 

• Like 2

Hey Mo, lets argue it's boring to look at ohters talking and not us.

• Like 5

Just now, XenoFish said:

Not judgment, opinion. There's a difference. 

You should teach me that trick: How to express an opinion without using judgment. Well, in any event, I've just been expressing my opinion, too. Enough of this. I can already hear the sound of doves crying--No, wait; it was just Guyver

• Like 3

You should teach me that trick: How to express an opinion without using judgment. Well, in any event, I've just been expressing my opinion, too. Enough of this. I can already hear the sound of doves crying--No, wait; it was just Guyver

It's best to end this before a mod has to come in and do it. Wouldn't you agree? 

That would be the logical actions, correct?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Hey Mo, lets argue 

Ha ha ha ..!!!

Oooh No, Not I Good Sir..

I like Peace......... Most times..

Lolz ....

Mo..xx

• Like 5

19 hours ago, MauriOra said:

The Real World(material) Knowledge you speak of, is what you know, by all that has been  discovered... So far ..Physically..

I agree, you possibly can make Plasma and that sounds fascinating to me ..

You have studied Material Mechanism, mathematically etc, and I think that is fascinating too, the workings of things,

Its what we live in though. Its the reason that the sciences work. 

I also know, that that is not all there is to this Existence .. Verifiably Provable .... No ... 

Mo, if somthing can't be verified it can't be known, the best you can offer is your interpretation of any given event or claim. 

I know some get zealous and make stuff up about everything from the Spirit world to mermaids. That's a fact  but no extraordinary claim made with such imaginative conclusions have ever been verified.  Mermaids, fairies, Kraken, giant snakes, minataurs santa the easter bunny and gods are all just our own imaginations, that is more than obvious in this day and age. 

Even though, this is not Provable, I Still Do Help .. 

I'm honestly not sure that bolstering people's fantasies is a good thing. It might seem helpful but without proper understanding and evaluations, we 

Energy Healing is one way of how I Help and the Ones that I help, Say to Me, that I have helped them ..

Does that count .If they all wrote an Affidavit, speaking to my Ability...?.. Unfortunately .. No ..

And yet...  The Ones I've Helped Say I have helped them ..

That seems more Important to me

With all due respect, that just sounds like self validation, for them and you. That's not meant to be rude, I'm sure many will take it that way, but when someone grows an arm or a leg back through prayer or spiritual assistance, then I'll be super impressed and anyone and everyone would have to admit validity to it. It's not ever happened though  a different no good reason to think it will. 

We would not have to know how it works, if such genuine miracles did exist, that would be evidence in itself that the supernatural claims are valid. But that never happens. 

Having to know what everything is called and how it works is Something that You Do.. 

I find it incredibly fascinating and am amazed at the breakthroughs we make. 

But its Not The Only Reality or Existence, That Exists ....

There are the things, that aren't Verifiably proved, because it doesn't fit into the Narrative of the Data .. The Story ... 

Still,  doesn't mean anything.. Only means it doesn't go with the Story So Far ..

Mo..xx

If somthing cannot be demonstrated  or used when needed, its really if no use to anyone. There is no reason to think this magic exists when modify is looking, that seems pretty useless magic to keep  and we are better of without something that cannot be verified or utilised when you need it, you can't share it, you can't use it 

One poster here made the claim they can see things far away in their mind, and in this way they have helped others find lost things. 

So I said, cool that sounds great. Nobody believes you  but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll go downstairs and grab something random if a shelf and put it on my desk. I ask the poster to tell the forum what it was, and I would take a photo and confirm it. 

I got ignored. The experiment was outright refused. 

So people do make this stuff up. And if by some extreme chance it does exist  but only works occasionally under certain conditions that nobody can generalise for practice use

Then

What's the use of it at all?

Even if such did exist in the way people make excuses up when claims fail, who needs something that doesn't work all the time, and won't have dramatic effects like prosthetic's have.  It does not assist in education in the real world where we need it  it does not save lives, it does not impact on violence it doesn't sanitise or offer new marvels like artificial limbs and organs. All it does is make people look like they fear knowledge and education. I mean where is the benefit to society? As far as I can tell the only benefit is personal comfort to individuals and bands of like minded people. That's not helping the community, more a selfish outlook, and separating people into individual groups that oppose each other over these very beliefs that are supposed to initiate peace and goodwill. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

With all due respect, that just sounds like self validation, for them and you. That's not meant to be rude, 

Heya Psyche..

Its Algud, I know you dont mean to be Rude ..

Self Validation ... No not at all ..

Its the Truth ... Thats all..

I help, and they are helped..

Mo..xx

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

One poster here made the claim they can see things far away in their mind, and in this way they have helped others find lost things. 

So I said, cool that sounds great. Nobody believes you  but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'll go downstairs and grab something random if a shelf and put it on my desk. I ask the poster to tell the forum what it was, and I would take a photo and confirm it. 

I got ignored. The experiment was outright refused. 

This could be for a number of reasons..

1) The Poster couldn't do what they said ..

2) The Poster can but didnt want to do it for you ..

Or 3).. To be able to tune in fully, there has to be A Reciprocation of Energy.. Meaning, being open .. When a Mind , doesn't agree, a block, is Put up, Like a wall and its hard to Tune In.. Its a give and take of Energy Sharing ..

In instances of Danger, the block or wall that is put up, can be Penetrated, because its for the Persons Own Good.. 

Mo..xx

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Like artificial limbs and organs. 

Did you know, some people who have lost limbs, can still feel them there ..? The Energetic force field around the body has not been disconnected, only the Physical..

And Organs..

Some people have been known to take on the Donors, likes and dislikes...

Through the Genes or Cells, and Energy Connected to it ..

Mo..xx.

Edited by MauriOra
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

No, it wasnt God who was the progenitor of mass murder, that would be mankind,

Yes it was:

1. The Flood (Genesis 6-8)
2. The cities of the plain, including Sodom and Gomorrah (Genesis 18-19) 
3. The Egyptian firstborn sons during the Passover (Exodus 11-12) 
4. The Canaanites under Moses and Joshua (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21) 
5. The Amalekites annihilated by

There was only human involvement under instruction from God on the last two, the first three are by God's hand. 

but you can take the cowardly view and blame God for everything, like a pathetic, hopeless individual would. 

There they are listed above, if you cannot accept that you worship a murderer that's not my problem and insulting me won't change what has been claimed in your gods name.

And the reason why mankind has visited such horrors, because we believe ourselves separate from God.

Do all the believers suffer in silence? 

This god is a total dick. 

So you are flat out wrong, a belief in a non-separate God would indeed bring about world peace etc..

No I'm not, we could use one less reason to see ourselves as different. How many people have died over God peeing contests? 

And all social issues arise from a belief in a separateness, that you and I are separate, that they are seperate from us, this includes gay issues. Overtime society has become more inclusive.

A society that sees itself as more together, will have less problems, fact.

And with faith becoming more personal we become more fragmented. God is evil. There is no doubt that moving away from God creates better societies as we look out for each other, not God and ourselves. As some come to realise there is no God, they tend to roll up their own sleeves. 

'If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them. 14 'If a man marries a woman and her o mother, it is wickedness. They shall be burned with fire, both he and they, that there may be no wickedness among you. 15 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Mo, if somthing can't be verified it can't be known, the best you can offer is your interpretation of any given event or claim. 

Cool thanks Psyche ..

If something can't be Verified, by Science.. Then it can't be Known..

And Science, being the Knowledge of all, is the Word of Truth ..

Spirituality, Energy, Exists .. Its just not verified, like you said, So its not Officially Known ..

That is All .. 

I wonder how many other things are dismissed because it can't be verified.. Science seems limited to me .. 

Mo.xx

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Guyver said:

Well, I shouldn’t say that.  Scientifically you can’t test for God.....but the spiritual people may tell you that God is in everything and that spirit exists in the hearts of those who love, and who the hell can prove that’s wrong?

What indicates its right though? 

Atheists can have a practical sense of spirituality so it's not something that comes from divinity. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, joc said:

I rest my case...

Funny how some define validity by compatability to a personal world view. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What indicates its right though? 

Atheists can have a practical sense of spirituality so it's not something that comes from divinity. 

Practical spirituality? You mean the kind where you stand in a circle and sing:Give Peace A Chance? Or the Touched By An Angel kind?(Said with a comical grin, in only a half-serious, light- hearted banter.)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Illyrius said:

In fact this is only a boring mantra of your cult. Human construct, idea, wishes... so boring and empty phrases.

If god is not a human construct, where is such evidences outside of human records? 

What make God somthing other than another of the Thousand we have already created in human history? How is God not just another tall tale? 

God exists in storybooks and imagination, where else does such exist? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Practical spirituality? You mean the kind where you stand in a circle and sing:Give Peace A Chance? Or the Touched By An Angel kind?(Said with a comical grin, in only a half-serious, light- hearted banter.)

LOL 

A different approach. Dawkins described his idea of spirituality ad a 'swelling if the breast'  as you breath is taken away in awe of somthing skin to a celestial object like a supanova or star cluster. 

Anyone can gaze upon the heavens and be impressed, just some of us think somthing resides there, and some don't. Either way, one does not have to have a belief to see that we are infinitesimally small specks yet part of somthing magnificent and overwhelmingly huge  and wonder and be impressed by that realisation. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

No.

I am suggesting that God is the animating force within all atoms. Animal, mineral, and vegetable. THE ALL is in everything, and everything is in THE ALL.

But that it is humanity which is more self aware and therefore has more free will than a tree or a rock.

You are, starting to sound like this idiot. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked