Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

LOL 

A different approach. Dawkins described his idea of spirituality ad a 'swelling if the breast'  as you breath is taken away in awe of somthing skin to a celestial object like a supanova or star cluster. 

Anyone can gaze upon the heavens and be impressed, just some of us think somthing resides there, and some don't. Either way, one does not have to have a belief to see that we are infinitesimally small specks yet part of somthing magnificent and overwhelmingly huge  and wonder and be impressed by that realisation. 

Did you know you are a celestial being? The atoms of your body were forged in the hearts of stars, most from outside our galaxy. You are the Universe looking back at itself, as much a part of it as any of the points of light you see, shining in the darkness.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Did you know you are a celestial being? The atoms of your body were forged in the hearts of stars, most from outside our galaxy. You are the Universe looking back at itself, as much a part of it as any of the points of light you see, shining in the darkness.

:nw:...Beautiful...

This is Beautifully Said.. ..

Thankyou ..

Mo..xxx

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

And? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Also, his horse drops celestial poop.

Come on, man. Almost everything you can touch here is "celestial" in the sense you use.

Harte

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

And? 

SMILE ...:D ....

Feel the Light ,Shining within Your Darkness ..!!!

:lol:....Kidding ... Do you always..

Your Fiery today huh..

Peace to you and yours Dude..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Illyrius said:

You are not getting anywhere with dissecting my sentences and putting them out of context, just like science does with nature!!

hahahahahahaha!!!

Its called detail. 

A blanket approach misses all that and that's its flaw 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guyver said:

Everyone believed this kid too...... 

http://pulpitandpen.org/2015/01/13/the-boy-who-came-back-from-heaven-recants-story-rebukes-christian-retailers/

Yes, dead is dead.  Death is defined by medical professionals and referred to as clinical death.  As I mentioned, there are many examples of people who have been declared dead and returned to life.  There's plenty to study.....I'll just link some easy reading.  

Lazarus Effect

One hypothesis for the phenomenon is that a chief factor (though not the only one) is the buildup of pressure in the chest as a result of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The relaxation of pressure after resuscitation efforts have ended is thought to allow the heart to expand, triggering the heart's electrical impulses and restarting the heartbeat.[2] Other possible factors are hyperkalemia or high doses of epinephrine.[5]

Neuroscience research suggests that an NDE is a subjective phenomenon resulting from "disturbed bodily multisensory integration" that occurs during life-threatening events.[5]

That's all from your own links. 

26 minutes ago, Harte said:

Also, his horse drops celestial poop.

Come on, man. Almost everything you can touch here is "celestial" in the sense you use.

Harte

Yeah, I think about that a lot, how everything is connected. It doesn't diminish the wonder of it all, in the slightest.

• Like 1

When I step in celestial poop, that's when I start wondering.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

This is an individual thing and has nothing to do with belief in someone else's religion.

Actually, glomming on to the whole God...Heaven thing IS belief in someone else's religion.  You didn't pull Heaven out of your brain Will...it was placed there...by someone else's religion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Heya Psyche..

Its Algud, I know you dont mean to be Rude ..

Self Validation ... No not at all ..

Its the Truth ... Thats all..

I help, and they are helped..

Mo..xx

Hey mo

Sorry but time will tell. So often people think they are helping but they are not. Even the elders of the JW Church who destroyed my family probably thought they were helping, people who let kids die to preserve their relationship with God and ensure passage into the afterlife think they are helping, cretins who pretend to talk to the dead whilst fleecing grieving relatives will insist they are helping. 

But they not. They are only helping themselves feel like authorities when they most certainly are not and egging on their own, and others imaginations. 

They help their own egos, they help their bank accounts. That's not the help people need though. 

Edited by psyche101

10 hours ago, Will Due said:

Ever hear of Lazarus and Jesus?

Lazaraus wasn't dead....he was stone cold drunk.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Actually, glomming on to the whole God...Heaven thing IS belief in someone else's religion.  You didn't pull Heaven out of your brain Will...it was placed there...by someone else's religion.

True, but someone else's religion isn't mine.

And my religion will never be yours.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You don't. I am A Baptist , present tense. There is no authority to declare you saved, forever. You may or may not be. Only God knows. In your case your "salvation" might have been you deluding yourself.

Are you a Southern Baptist or a Free Baptist or a Unity Baptist or what?  I learned  my Baptist Theology from Dr. Criswell at First Baptist Dallas...who also Baptized me...and from other Drs. of Theology within the sphere of Southern Baptist.  I'll take their credentials of Theology over yours. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

True, but someone else's religion isn't mine.

And my religion will never be yours.

Damn straight there!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

You rest your case? You who now no longer believe? I don"t believe you ever really did.

I don't really give a damn what you believe or not.

Belief is irrelevant with regards to the truth.  The truth just is.  The truth is not incumbent upon belief in order to be...it just is.  Belief finds relevance in how one lives one's individual life.

First Axiom of Dan

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

This could be for a number of reasons..

1) The Poster couldn't do what they said ..

And I have zero doubt of otherwise. 

2) The Poster can but didnt want to do it for you ..

Or 3).. To be able to tune in fully, there has to be A Reciprocation of Energy.. Meaning, being open .. When a Mind , doesn't agree, a block, is Put up, Like a wall and its hard to Tune In.. Its a give and take of Energy Sharing ..

In instances of Danger, the block or wall that is put up, can be Penetrated, because its for the Persons Own Good.. 

Mo..xx

Excuses don't work. If someone says they can do something either they can or cannot. If one can't stand by one's word, then the default is cannot. 

I've seen far too many broken promises gold diggers and liars in my life to consider otherwise and remember my upbringing was very religious. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

Good grief....are you kidding me?  Please...somebody said it is true so you believe it is. smh

• Like 1

Yes, dead is dead.  Death is defined by medical professionals and referred to as clinical death.  As I mentioned, there are many examples of people who have been declared dead and returned to life.  There's plenty to study.....I'll just link some easy reading.  

Lazarus Effect

Near Death Experience.  

Listen...when I talk about dead ...I'm talking about dead!  I don't give a bloody damn what your 'clinical' definition is...when your cold dead....your blood ain't flowing, you ain't breathing, you have no electrical impulses in your brain...you been laying on a slab not breathing for a day or so in the Morgue dead!  That's what I'm talking about genius!

• Like 2

Did you know, some people who have lost limbs, can still feel them there ..? The Energetic force field around the body has not been disconnected, only the Physical..

And Organs..

Some people have been known to take on the Donors, likes and dislikes...

Through the Genes or Cells, and Energy Connected to it ..

Mo..xx.

PLP is not unknown, its the reaction from trauma to the nervous system. 

Nothing spiritual about it. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

There are several accounts of three days dead, and many of people waking in the morgue.  Here's one where the guy came to during the autopsy after three days of death.  It's been decades since I studied the topic in detail, and no longer have my support materials - ie - books on the topic.

Link

So, yes....I stand by my earlier statements even though made in a less-than sober state.  :]

Crock!  He might have been 'near death' but he wasn't dead.....Jesus was Dead...dead....and he didn't come back to life either.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, joc said:

Damn straight there!

The word "religion" has worn out its meaning. It needs to be redifined. Aren't we living in a time where you can feel that this is upon us? Why else all this debate going on? Not just here, but everywhere.

Do you remember what Jesus said about how to integrate the new religious approach to life, the new Way he was teaching, with the old way?

He said that you shouldn't put new wine into old wineskins because the old wineskins will burst, waisting the new wine as it pours out all over the floor and ruining the old wineskin.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

The word "religion" has worn out its meaning. It needs to be redifined. Aren't we living in a time where you can feel that this is upon us? Why else all this debate going on? Not just here, but everywhere.

Do you remember what Jesus said about how to integrate the new religious approach to life, the new Way he was teaching, with the old way of religiously approaching God?

He said that you shouldn't put new wine into old wineskins because the old wineskins will burst. 

The word religion hasn't lost any meaning.  You who claim to have no religion...constantly spouting Jesus this and Jesus that and Heaven this and Hell that....all part of the Christian religion.  I don't really care what you believe or don't believe Will...but at the very least you should know that your believes have a fundamental root in Christianity...so it isn't really accurate to say you have no religion.   

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, joc said:

Are you a Southern Baptist or a Free Baptist or a Unity Baptist or what?  I learned  my Baptist Theology from Dr. Criswell at First Baptist Dallas...who also Baptized me...and from other Drs. of Theology within the sphere of Southern Baptist.  I'll take their credentials of Theology over yours. 

For sake of argument I’m assuming your church was a member of the Southern Baptist Convention. If so you can’t speak for all Southern Baptists as not all churches are members of the SBC. Mine, for example, was not (Considering itself Southern Baptist-Independent) and the teaching you claim was NOT part of our sermons growing up. 

cormac

• Like 6

1 minute ago, joc said:

The word religion hasn't lost any meaning.  You who claim to have no religion...constantly spouting Jesus this and Jesus that and Heaven this and Hell that....all part of the Christian religion.  I don't really care what you believe or don't believe Will...but at the very least you should know that your believes have a fundamental root in Christianity...so it isn't really accurate to say you have no religion.   

I have a question for you joc.

Is Jesus a Christian?

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked