Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

And that's why John Lennon wrote a song about it.

Imagine.

Uh, Will, that is a song about a world without faith or religion, where people accept their finite existence, united, harmoniously, by their essential humanity.

• Like 5

Just now, Will Due said:

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

:nw:...

Right On Brutha Will..!!!!:D..

:tu:...

Mo..x 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Guyver said:

In the case of people who have died, and returned to life, atheists (materialists) are required to dismiss this as supernatural because their preconceived notions don't allow them to think otherwise.

That's complete utter nonsense. 

If we hadn't looked already, there would be no answers, you have plenty but hang onto ancient superstition anyway despite logic and common sense. 

What there be is better answers and nothing supporting the popular superstition. Believers hate that they have been logically refuted and make more stuff up like your doing now. 

So how's that going for you? 

And since, similar circumstances can be replicated or somewhat simulated with drugs under both controlled and uncontrolled conditions, they dismiss the experience as simply the dying brain misfiring some involved swan song.  And maybe they are right; or maybe they are not.

Again, its the most likely answer, not a hindsight imagintive story. There are literally millions of cases of diagnosed hypoxia. Pilots have had conversations with God when thier oxygen has failed putting passenger lives at great risk, or even just out of body experiences, pilots have thought they wete sitting on the wing of a plane when they were in the cockpit suffering oxygen deprivation. There is not only no proof of the afterlife, we know how the brain works and there's no way for that structure to be maintained after death. 

I have asked how this is possible and I just get the goddidit diversion. 

Go ahead, show us this proof that nobody else on earth has 

In general, when it pertains to unexplained phenomenon, these closed minded materialists use the old canard of offering possible explanations to the phenomenon, and then just considering the thing explained, or debunked. 

Why is a regular common well explained event not the best answer in such instances? 

Why is invoking supernatural answers helpful? What validates that solution? 

How is it closed minded to investigate and offer the most likely possibility, and why is making stuff up so wise and open minded? 

This is nonsense.  Offering a possible explanation to a phenomenon in no way demonstrates that the phenomenon is understood.

It demonstrates that the phenomenon has been considered and a POSSIBLE explanation has been contemplated.    

Indeed, the most likely explanation according to available data, again, what is wrong with that, and why is that method of 'most likely' flawed? How is imagining some supernatural explanation that cannot be verified over a mundane explanation helpful? 

Adds drama maybe? I cannot see what else such accomplishes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Will Due said:

But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one

What did John say about religion again? 

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Uh, Will, that is a song about a world without faith or religion, where people accept their finite existence, united, harmoniously, by their essential humanity.

Yes it is. Because here is where we start.

Something else here 

• Like 1

If we're going to evoke the Beatles, I prefer this one.      

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

What did John say about religion again? 

You mean this?

No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

That's complete utter nonsense.

Here we go again.

:rofl:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You mean this?

A brotherhood of man

Lennon was the opposite of any good, Crowleys pupil.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Atamarie Psyche ..

:st

Spiritual is as Spiritual Does .. Lols I like .!!!

And yes ..haha..

:tu:

The Mind is not the Brain.. No matter what studies you do, this is Not true ..it won't be truth ..

The 2 Brains are the Computer, The MIND is the Data Base .. Consciousness..

Maybe a trick of the brain, I doubt it in this case..Its the power of the Mind..

No sorry Mo your just wrong. 

Have you heard of lobotomies? They would not have the effects they do if the mind was not the brain

Seen the effects of brain damage on the body? How a severe trauma to the head changes our motor control or processing power? 

That's because the mind is the brain. 

Brain surgeons could not do what they do if the mind was not the brain, MRI's would not work if the mind was not the brain. 

We have overwhelming amounts of evidence that the mind is the brain. 

Yes Arnie, The Rock and your good self, have Physical Prowess, powerful beings, Yet The Mind and The Energy we Produce, is More Capable of feats beyond Mass ..

Not at all, manipulation of people is as far as that extends, try  bench pressing your body weight with your mind. 

Words affect, Emotionally, these Emotions Direct the Body, and The Actions are produced, be it Rage, Depression, Sadness, Happiness, Depending on Which words are said .. Thats why it Is Important to be In control of What Energy you allow in to yours ..

That's a very human construct. And it relies on the qualities we have developed like guilt. People use that for good and bad, and I would agree that it is something to be mindful of. 

Words are Powerful .. Such as, If we are Told continuously, that we are , Just Mass, there's nothing else, going on, No Spiritual Side, Not Powerful,... That is what we believe .. This is what is happening Now .. We are Denied the Truth..... Through the Official, Collective

That works more the other way. 

Some refuse and fear change, no more reverence from audiences for telling tall tales, with accountability comes responsibility. One can't just make up a god story and have uneducated audiences to marvel at their words. This is a new age, and with it we must be honest as basic knowledge grows. We know Zues does not hurl lighting bolts  we know thunder is not Thor's hammer crashing, and now Yaweh and his ilk are being exposed in exactly the same way. 

Teachings, of Words, that We are Just Monkeys etc, growing from a cell, to this very day .. No matter what the Data Says.. This is False ..

No it's true Mo. 

Again, the supporting evidence is overwhelming from fossil records to current DNA studies. 

The theory of evolution is as sound as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun, or gravity. 

Religion lies about this and always has for self preservation religion has motive to lie science does not despite unfounded paranoid rantings to the contrary. You've heard of Galileo I take it? Religion is erroded by science today just as the Greek and roman gods were. 

We Are Energy Beings first, then Mass ... This is just the Vehicle we are Living in .. 

Mo ..xx..

Nope, sorry, your 100% wrong, the energy in our bodies is no mystery at all. We know how it is generated and we know what happens to the energy left in our bodies when we die. No matter how hard you close your eyes and wish to be an energy being, when you open them reality, and the science will still be there. 

I cannot begin to understand why you make stuff like that up. This is not  a vehicle  this is it, and your wasting it in dreaming about another continued life that will never be. And I think that's a crying shame. We are priveliged to experience this brief existance. I'm going to make the most of it while I'm here. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Here we go again.

:rofl:

He said it in his post to but because he supports a religious narrative you would be OK with that. 

Spirituality doesn't seem to curb hypocrisy does it. 

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:st

:tu:

No sorry Mo your just wrong. 

Have you heard of lobotomies? They would not have the effects they do if the mind was not the brain

Seen the effects of brain damage on the body? How a severe trauma to the head changes our motor control or processing power? 

That's because the mind is the brain. 

Brain surgeons could not do what they do if the mind was not the brain, MRI's would not work if the mind was not the brain. 

We have overwhelming amounts of evidence that the mind is the brain. 

Not at all, manipulation of people is as far as that extends, try  bench pressing your body weight with your mind. 

That's a very human construct. And it relies on the qualities we have developed like guilt. People use that for good and bad, and I would agree that it is something to be mindful of. 

That works more the other way. 

Some refuse and fear change, no more reverence from audiences for telling tall tales, with accountability comes responsibility. One can't just make up a god story and have uneducated audiences to marvel at their words. This is a new age, and with it we must be honest as basic knowledge grows. We know Zues does not hurl lighting bolts  we know thunder is not Thor's hammer crashing, and now Yaweh and his ilk are being exposed in exactly the same way. 

No it's true Mo. 

Again, the supporting evidence is overwhelming from fossil records to current DNA studies. 

The theory of evolution is as sound as the theory that the earth revolves around the sun, or gravity. 

Religion lies about this and always has for self preservation religion has motive to lie science does not despite unfounded paranoid rantings to the contrary. You've heard of Galileo I take it? Religion is erroded by science today just as the Greek and roman gods were. 

Nope, sorry, your 100% wrong, the energy in our bodies is no mystery at all. We know how it is generated and we know what happens to the energy left in our bodies when we die. No matter how hard you close your eyes and wish to be an energy being, when you open them reality, and the science will still be there. 

I cannot begin to understand why you make stuff like that up. This is not  a vehicle  this is it, and your wasting it in dreaming about another continued life that will never be. And I think that's a crying shame. We are priveliged to experience this brief existance. I'm going to make the most of it while I'm here. 

Hey Dude ..

I have a lot to say as you know heee hee he ..

But am busy right now ..

I'll be back though my friend ..

Catch ya up then ..xx

Mo..xx

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hey again ..

No .. I did not know that .. 

I told you I know about your side of the tracks. Bet I could surprise you. 

CIA huh .. Well, I dont believe them..

Does not matter what you believe, its historical record. It happened and it cost taxpayers that much to chase a pipe dream. The bill was not imaginary. Only the subject was. 

$20,000,000.. Is a lot of Dosh.. And they came up with nothing .... Really .. hmmm...

Yep 

Really really. 

What if they did.. And their not telling .. You know,... That happens .... 

Not in this case, it was for a war application, if there was anything to it, they would l have grabbed it with both hands and taken the advantage. And then they would have taken all the credit for this breakthrough and made billions from it. Applications for such a talent would be very valuable in many markets. 

We are told what we are told .. That is Said as the ...Truth ..

However, it doesn't mean its True..

We Are Not Told All the details .. Just what they allow us to know ..

Mo ..xx

In this case we know them well after the fact and all that 20 million resulted in was a pretty funny movie. Some the characters are actually based on real people. People with fanciful outlooks like you Illy CH and Will. If they had anything to report, those eccentric personalities would have made sure word got out just like any of you would. 

If you haven't seen the movie I recommend it to all. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

You mean this?

A brotherhood of man

Nope your cherry picking again. Religion taught you that I take it? Very popular in religious circles it is! 

See:

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you

That's referring to obsessions, let me undo the misdirection you are spewing forth:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, 

There you go you learned two things. What the lyrics say, and how you get caught out when you are not honest. Big day for you isn't it!! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Nope your cherry picking again. Religion taught you that I take it? Very popular in religious circles it is! 

See:

Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people sharing all the world, you

That's referring to obsessions, let me undo the misdirection you are spewing forth:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, 

There you go you learned two things. What the lyrics say, and how you get caught out when you are not honest. Big day for you isn't it!! 

I grew up on the Beatles. The lyrics are as plain as day. It's bewildering he would cite that particular song.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

I grew up on the Beatles. The lyrics are as plain as day. It's bewildering he would cite that particular song.

Indeed. Commie little lullaby.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You like "quote mining" Psyche?

Popular in "sceptic" or scientific circles?

:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoting_out_of_context

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Indeed. Commie little lullaby.

Hardly. It's just an idealistic little ditty about a utopian ideal of a world devoid of all reason for human conflict. John and Yoko didn't choose to live in Russia, after all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Hardly. It's just an idealistic little ditty about a utopian ideal of a world devoid of all reason for human conflict. John and Yoko didn't choose to live in Russia, after all.

I wonder why. It was nice there :)

No religion too...

lol

Edited by Illyrius
  • Like 2

On 18/02/2018 at 3:07 PM, XenoFish said:

The only thing we really need is the golden rule. Regardless of whatever ideological package it comes in. From theism, pantheism, to atheism. I think we all want people to treat us as we wish to be treated, correct? Isn't that the real point. Hope, salvation, faith, all of that is up to the individual. I don't care how big a god soldier someone is, we're all human and we have nothing guaranteed.

Yashua Messiah leads the army.

Edited by Clockwork_Spirit
  • Like 1

Then We Need to have Compassion.. That Dog eat Dog Saying, is Brain Washing, .. Making us Selfish, and Competitive ..

That's what comes with education. Compassion and recognition of values beyond basic survival. That's why I said learning about Darwinian evolution gives us an ugly picture which we strive to better. 

Darwinian Structure ... Monkeys..?? Further and further into what? Oblivion ... 

No why do you keep brining up monkeys? , we are the fifth ape, it just is what it is, DNA does not lie. 

Does it upset you to learn that we are related to other apes? You know that why Darwin theory received so much injection when it was released, people's ego were hurt 

Astounding some still act like those long gone victorian small minds, it's not an insult, it's cause for celebration. 

Oh you mean The Future .. Yeah well , if it happen the way the world is going, the only future there will be is ....Slaves..Robots, No Heart, No Life.. Stale.. Stagnant Beings .. 

You've watched Wall E too many times methinks. 

Nature, is Beautiful, even in her Fury... And Yes We Must Respect Her ... Do we though ... I dont think so .. 

We have to respect nature or somthing like global warming will wipe us out. 

Head smacking into the Wall.. Yep, thats indicative of this Reality.. Keeps hitting a brick wall .. Dense, Material Mass, Reality ..

Because that's how the universe works. 

What about the Energy, Spiritual, whatever you wanna call it .?. We have Two parts to us .. Energy and Physical ...

No there is not. Tiny ion pumps sitting on your nervous system generate what we use as energy. It's not two parts, just one. 

Energetically, Once tuned in, with Body, Mind, Heart.. The Two Brains, Logic and Visual, We Will Be So Powerful ..

Just nah. 

Effort yields results. 

At Present, ... Change is Happening.. Evolution of The Spirit ...

Again no, that's just people cherry picking the really silly bits out if religion as we become more aware of basic sciences, some rewrite religions removing things like the God of the old testament that they find silly or disturbing. From my observations most people seem to personally rationalise that by adopting a spiritual approach, reinvoking Spinoza or polytheism, but at the end of the day, it's just a rehash of superstition. 

Science is Necessary too, it has Done Wonders, but it doesn't know Everything....

Mo..xx

No, we have not observed or understood all there is to know, and might never do so

that's the beauty of it. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

I thought so too!!!! 

Bullet meet foot  foot this is bullet. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Hey ..

I only saw this now ..

This is Brilliant.. Thanks for this..

:D.... He was very In Tune ..

I'm gonna look him up .. He's Fascinating...

Props to Mr Tesla..:nw:...

He's the Man.!!! lolz..

Awesome ... Thanks again Illyrius..

Mo..xx

Nikola Tesla was a brilliant engineer. He could take somthing and make it better. That was his real talent. 

He was not a scientist though.

Discovery was not his thing, improvement is what he excelled at. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Illyrius said:

To be non-religious is to drink vodka from a river.

Now thats my kinda river now your talkn..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

And that's why John Lennon wrote a song about it.

Imagine.

"It's easy if you try."

Bang on there awesome song

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked