Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

5 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

No Urantia Book? :td:

Too much truth in that....Or it could be that its just Nonsense...seems to be word of the day...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

No Urantia Book? :td:

Do we even have evidence it exsists...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Do we even have evidence it exsists...

Sorry Will but hey you know the rules gota have ya ducks in a row..we gota very materialistic foe in our mist..it seems..

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Because unlike your imaginary friend these things exist.

Why do people still invoke gods to explain things when it's always turned out wrong?

Waiting....

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Sorry Will but hey you know the rules gota have ya ducks in a row..we gota very materialistic foe in our mist..it seems..

Nah he is actually a priest, this is his fun time on computer :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Illyrius said:

Nah he is actually a priest, this is his fun time on computer :)

Damn he aint very godly my friend...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

To be religious is to drink tea from an empty cup. It requires faith and no small degree of imagination. Now, the cup of faith is never empty, but it is only for they who have the heart to sup from it. It is no shame if one can not see something in nothing and require more.  

Personally, it was like this.

I looked out at the world, the universe, and after much pondering I came to the conclusion that the only thing that makes any sense is God, whatever, however, somebody wishes to see God.

So I have been searching for God through spiritual traditions, taking what works on a personal basis, and disregarding the rest, (for now). This searching has lead to a belief and a certain knowing, and it is this that has given me faith.

God is there for anyone who cares to look!

Some people don't care to look, and thats fine, Gods doesn't love them any less, imho, but I do believe that life becomes a whole lot richer, more colourful, more mysterious with spiritual ideas, and for me, it suits well...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Personally, it was like this.

I looked out at the world, the universe, and after much pondering I came to the conclusion that the only thing that makes any sense is God, whatever, however, somebody wishes to see God.

So I have been searching for God through spiritual traditions, taking what works on a personal basis, and disregarding the rest, (for now). This searching has lead to a belief and a certain knowing, and it is this that has given me faith.

God is there for anyone who cares to look!

Some people don't care to look, and thats fine, Gods doesn't love them any less, imho, but I do believe that life becomes a whole lot richer, more colourful, more mysterious with spiritual ideas, and for me, it suits well...

Our creator loves everyone even if they dont love him I believe...

• Like 3

Just now, Hre2breal said:

Or her

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hre2breal said:

So Illyrius do you believe in the afterlife??

Of course I do.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Guyver said:

I know that prayer works at times because I've experienced it.  I guess that you and I will just have to agree to disagree on this point.  But, I would like to address the point you make about prayer being measured and it not working.  It didn't work in those particular settings perhaps, but that doesn't mean that it never does.  In order for you to make the claim that prayer doesn't work, you'd have to study every episode of prayer and find that it never works.  That has not been done.  So, I think it would be more correct for you to say that you don't believe prayer works, and you've never seen any convincing evidence of it. 

All I see there is you want to view prayer works and have attributed an event in your life to it. 

And if that works for you that's great. I won't mention it again if you don't. 

When people start praying arms and legs back I will take it very seriously. 

No, I can't tell you why with any degree of certainty.  I could offer you my opinion on it and that's all.   I can tell you that evidence points to the possibility of it.  The evidence is seen in those who have experienced NDE's, and reincarnations.  It may be that you find the evidence unconvincing, and reject it.....but I can't believe that you'd say there is no evidence for it. There are thousands of documented cases of dead people or nearly dead people reviving and describing the experience.  I think I can safely assume that you don't accept dead people being revived, and therefore consider the NDE experience to be nothing more than advanced brainwork.  Personally, having watched a person die.....I know that it's difficult to imagine a person being revived after such an experience, but it is documented as being a real phenomenon that does in fact occur on occasion.  

I can tell you with certainty that hypoxia affects the brain with hallucinations and people do think they are talking to God in many cases, I can say with certainty that as the brain dies we lose senses one at a time allowing us to record things we don't realise we are recording and I can say with certainty that a significant portion of the population has been indoctrinated since childhood to expect what NDE patients describe, I can say with certainty that we know the mind is the brain, I can say with certainty that the brain is made of atoms, I can say with certainty that consciousness evolved and I can say with certainty that we know what is essentially 'you' is made up of billions of synaptic connections and millions of neural connections and i can tell you decay makes those connections end and end what is 'you' I can tell you that if energy left you body (and we can measure what  energy was left after death as it transfers as heat) as a proposed spirit we could detect it and I can tell you if it was too weak for us to detect it then it would not have the strength and complexity required to maintain those complex neural connections. I could even intimidate you with equations that explain how we exist and how the universe works. 

And I reckon that's pretty convincing. 

There are better answers. 

Either some mystical undetectable force has evaded every experiment and observation in the recorded history of science and remains completely beyond our grasp 

Or 

Some people hallucinate when they are dying. 

Really, what seems more likely here? 

Edited by psyche101

Of course I do.

Good for you..I personally do..Just had to verify for my own pie e of mind...

• Like 1

Good for you..I personally do..Just had to verify for my own pie e of mind...

Well maybe you haven't read my previous posts about that.. yes, i firmly believe in an afterlife and reincarnation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Of course I do.

Have you had any experiences of your own so to speak?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Have you had any experiences of your own so to speak?

I only had one truly mystical experience in my life, if was something which can not be rationally explained,  i also found alot of interesting stuff in various books on spirituality. My preference is Rudolf Steiner and his Anthroposophy.

Edited by Illyrius
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Well maybe you haven't read my previous posts about that.. yes, i firmly believe in an afterlife and reincarnation.

Cant say I have sorry..I wouldnt have asked ...sorry dude..

• Like 2

Cant say I have sorry..I wouldnt have asked ...sorry dude..

Nvm.. it's ok.. I mentioned it in a few posts :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Nothing else makes any sense..

• Like 4

I only had one truly mystical experience in my life, if was something which can not be rationally explained,  i also found alot of interesting stuff in varios books on spirituality. My preference is Rudolf Steiner and his Anthroposophy.

Interesting il look him up thank you for that..I read one about a bird flying in your apartment once..was that the one?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Illyrius said:

You like "quote mining" Psyche?

Popular in "sceptic" or scientific circles?

:)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quoting_out_of_context 

LOL did you read your link? 

God is one big appeal to authority!! 

People just don't like it when others don't recognise their chosen authority then we get wars and a splintering of mankind. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Nothing else makes any sense..

The most unselfish an caring we have in our exsistance..Yet so questioned..

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Interesting il look him up thank you for that..I read one about a bird flying in your apartment once..was that the one?

Yes. That is the one.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Illyrius said:

I wonder why. It was nice there :)

No religion too...

lol

Russia has much religion. My father was Russian. He was very religious. Said he even saw Mary on the battlefield. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

I only had one truly mystical experience in my life, if was something which can not be rationally explained,  i also found alot of interesting stuff in various books on spirituality. My preference is Rudolf Steiner and his Anthroposophy.

I have a lot of time for Rudolf Steiner..

From spiritual mysteries to education, architecture, agriculture, dance, music....

There are plenty of audio books on YouTube if anyone is interested.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked