Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

Kent Hovind is not only a complete moron he's also a "sovereign citizen" tax fraud.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Space is 3 spatial dimensions, spacetime is 4 dimensional with space and the temporal dimension.

I'd like to hear you two discuss of n-dimensional Euvlidean space.

Doug

2 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

I'd like to hear you two discuss of n-dimensional Euvlidean space.

Doug

Those Sovereign Citizens are completely bonkers, and super dangerous.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Illyrius said:

What Psyche101 does is called "quote mining" he dissects the text and negates it step by step by offering very little arguments and very much biased opinions edging on the border of insults.

That's not what quote mining is actually, what psyche is doing is quoting the multiple points in what he's responding to separately as it makes it easier to understand.  Quote mining is when someone quotes just a part of what someone is saying to misrepresent what they've said and their actual position. 

For example, it's like me saying that Crazy Horse and I agree about materialism, after all he just said "only materialistic science is worth considering".  If you look at what he said around what I quoted from him, you'll see that his position is exactly the opposite, and that I quote mined him.

Edited by Liquid Gardens
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

If mind is physical then show me.

1.  Visit a rehabilitation center for the brain damaged.

2. There is no proof that anyone has ever been clinically dead for several hours or days and miraculously came back to life.

3.  If Mind exists without body....why on Gods grey earth do we have bodies?

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Who gave us the black and white version of reality, ie, it must be right, or it must be wrong.

Where as two truths can sit in the same space. For example I can say that each human being is unique, and I can say that each human being is the same. Both are true, and contradictory.

You have no scruples at all, and you display that fact for all to see, evidenced by your misrepresentation of Aristotle and the GREAT advancements in thinking that he was responsible for.

Harte

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Illyrius said:

Is time physical?

Time is also "bent" by gravity.

Since that definition of physical was put forward, using it one must admit that the answer is yes.

Harte

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Will Due said:

I understand your point.

But if there isn't anything in space to measure, then you're not measuring anything, except perhaps distance, which is measured by time, not space.

Because space without anything in it, is a non-physical entity. Nothing is there. 

No?

No.

Harte

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

He's a funny guy, Kent Hovind. I came across him one day searching about this topic.

Just sharing the shorter length  videos not in their entirety.  

He's funny, for a felon.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/2015/07/10/hovind-free-jail-back-pensacola/29969745/

Harte

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Podo said:

I always considered them "punching clowns" in prison.....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mind, self awareness, consciousness, perception, that which we think with... 

Neurons are not mind, hormones neither. The fact that some of the folk who experience NDEs are clinically dead, sometimes for hours, no electrical signal, no blood flow to the brain, "scientifically" dead, yet they still experience consciousness, this demonstrates that mind isn't in the brain.

And as for Sheldrake, he gets called a pseudo-scientists because he looks at things outside established disciplines. He is a scientist because scientists have hypothesis, they test them, and then they get these findings published in peer reviewed journals, ergo, Sheldrake is a scientist and not a pseudo-scientist.

If mind is physical then show me.

A computer can beat you at chess, yet it is a pile of material. It's program, however, is not.

Harte

• Like 4

Afternoon All..(nz time)

:)

If Mind and Brain are one and the same, Why two words to describe it..? 

It would have made it a heck load easier to just have the One word.. If that was the case ..

Cheers ..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

You mean nothing else has two words that describe it, so mind and brain MUST be different?

Harte

9 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Afternoon All..(nz time)

:)

If Mind and Brain are one and the same, Why two words to describe it..? 

It would have made it a heck load easier to just have the One word.. If that was the case ..

Cheers ..

Mo..xx

Hi MauriOra

I am one person but people have used several different words to describe me.:lol:

You might say brain describes the organ and mind as a function of the organ.

jmccr8

• Like 3

Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi MauriOra

I am one person but people have used several different words to describe me.:lol:

You might say brain describes the organ and mind as a function of the organ.

jmccr8

Atamarie Jay..,

Hahahaha..:lol:..!!!

Your have such awesome humour... :yes: ..!!

Thankyou for your response ..I can see sense in that answer ..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Harte said:

A computer can beat you at chess, yet it is a pile of material. It's program, however, is not.

Harte

No.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Harte said:

You mean nothing else has two words that describe it, so mind and brain MUST be different?

Harte

Hi Harte,

Its algud .. Mr Jay, gave me a answer, and I see his view..

I was just querying , thats all .. Thoughts come and go in my mind, and that was a Question, I wanted to ask ..

.Mo.xx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Podo said:

Sorry, this may be a stupid question. But reading through some of these comments I keep hearing about these 'Sovereign Citizens' and I honestly have no clue what that is. :mellow:

Is this some sort of nutjob group I've yet to hear of, or is it just someone on here said or something?

Sorry again, kinda brainless atm. :wacko:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Illyrius said:

So I suppose every scientist that doesn't fit in your limited little box of science is a pseudoscientist. That is great :)

No people who skirt the system and exploit a loophole to meet a version of the basic definition are scientists who have created a pseudo body that are practising pseudoscience. That's why they are not affiliated with mainstream institutions like Caltech or MIT. They could not get papers published at reputable institutions so they created their own to approve their own work. It'd like asking Hitler to assess the ethics of eugenics. This is where people go to publish papers on things like UFOs as flying saucers having little green men in them or bigfoot. Not the Higgs Boson. 

And its not a separate association to the SSE which you so proudly touted, its a journal by the SSE so as I said  they are peer reviewing thier own pet theories with their own pet theories that fall well outside the established parameters of science. It's not scientific peer review, it's refereeing common hobbies. 

You could have at least checked Wikipedia. 

The Society for Scientific Exploration, or SSE, is a group committed to studying fringe science.[1] The opinions of the organization in regard to what are the proper limits of scientific exploration are often at odds with those of mainstream science.[2] Critics argue that the SSE is devoted to disreputable ideas far outside the scientific mainstream.[2]

JournalEdit

The society's magazine, the Journal of Scientific Exploration, was established to provide a scientific forum for ufology, parapsychology and cryptozoology, having published research articles, essays, book reviews and letters on those and many other topics that are largely ignored in mainstream journals.

The journal is currently edited by parapsychologist and philosopher Stephen E. Braude.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Society_for_Scientific_Exploration

Its not a panel of professionals with established parameters, it's a club for fringe scientists to pat each other on the back for skirting the rules while they approve of each others eccentric hobbies. Pretty much anyone can submit a paper, did you notice that very link on the homepage? 

I didn't expect anything else. Have a nice time watching torchwood.

Same I should have not laughed it's not your fault, it's obvious science is a complete stranger to you, and you think you thumbing your nose at sine establishes authority. It's just that you seem to have fun trying to kick science but you always just end up beating a dead horse. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

No people who skirt the system and exploit a loophole to meet a version of the basic definition are scientists who have created a pseudo body that are practising pseudoscience.

Aren't all the degrading labels for scientists who disagree with mainstream institutions of science somewhat remindful of fascist mentality?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Illyrius said:

Aren't all the degrading labels for scientists who disagree with mainstream institutions of science somewhat remindful of fascist mentality?

Nope. How do you make that connection? 

Just now, psyche101 said:

Nope. How do you make that connection? 

Because those people are scientists, not pseudoscientists, and pseudoscientists such as yourself and who belong to a mainstream pseudoscience bang upon an independent group of free thinking scentists just like a herd of pack mentality wolves. It is a typical fascist mentality.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Because those people are scientists, not pseudoscientists, and pseudoscientists such as yourself and who belong to a mainstream pseudoscience bang upon an independent group of free thinking scentists just like a herd of pack mentality wolves. It is a typical fascist mentality.

Are you a proud and independent beast?

• Like 1

So what? So they dont belong to any established discipline.

That's right, that's what science is about, submitting a claim to others with good knowledge in the field to be critical and attempt to falsify the claim. If it cannot be falsified it stands. If you fail, you go back to the drawing board and work on your mistakes, you don't create a new body to approve you own work, that's not a valid testing process. 

This is the trouble with people like you, narrow-minded, ignorant, "know-it-alls", who do you think you are, trying to set the parameters of what can, and cannot be assessed, trying to impose your close mindedness, restricting thought and action. Your attitude is disgusting. 

No it's the trouble with ignorant people such as yourself who openly embrace these cheats and present them to others ignorant of both science and your claims to offer the guise of validity when it's nothing more than an appeal to authority. Really, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You refuse real work to support pet theories through alternate avenues and say my attitude is disgusting???????? Seriously man.

No affiliation to any major university, but they have many Drs associated with many different universities.

And that's just an appeal to authority. I work for a large company but I am not that company I just work there, my personal opinions are not affiliated with it whatsoever. 

What you have actually just said is, if they don't agree with established ideas, then they arnt worth anything. What a stupid, ignorant, attitude.

Yes, in short they make stuff up and call upon each other to establish thier own validity when they fail in the real world. 

Thank God our ancestors didnt have this pathetic, close-mindedness.

I do believe we would not have got this far if they refused to move forward and stopped at 11th century thinking as you have. 

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked