Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

11 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

if something exists belief in it"s existance is a non issue..

Then you agree that we were designed to believe something.

Is that a non-issue too?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Is that because you were designed to believe?

I guess you were designed to believe in the fake idea of a designer.

Hox genes are a well understood concept. They have been known about for over a century.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The fossil record shows quite clearly that there is no design to fingers or forelimbs or anything else for that matter.

Can you expand on this or provide a link?

• Like 1

The evidence from hundreds of millions of years of life on Earth shows that fingers and limbs were not designed. No amount of such claims by  those with a belief system in a designer changes the facts.

Limbs were not designed. Life is rich in testing all sorts of limbs some of which survived to the present.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The evidence from hundreds of millions of years of life on Earth shows that fingers and limbs were not designed.

What do you mean when you say "design" a static or dynamic process?

Edited by Illyrius
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

I guess you were designed to believe in the fake idea of a designer.

That might be because you were designed to have a choice in believing that the design of life isn't real.

This fact, choice, is proof of how free will was designed, right?

If free will wasn't designed, how did you come to posses it?

• Like 1

Just now, Illyrius said:

What do you think when you say "design" a static or dynamic process?

There is no design. A design suggest intent and evolution is not a guided process. There is no goal. There is no intent.

• Like 1

Just now, stereologist said:

There is no design. A design suggest intent and evolution is not a guided process. There is no goal. There is no intent.

This is a simple denial without arguments. What i meant is do you think that design means something is made in a certain shape and doesn't change, or it changes in time?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

That might be because you were designed to have a choice in believing that the design of life isn't real.

This fact, choice, is proof of how free will was designed, right?

If free will wasn't designed, how did you come to posses it?

More belief pretending to something other than your opinion.

The facts are clear. There is no design to life and the evolution of life.

Life is rich in testing all sorts of limbs some of which survived to the present.

Yes and that's because they were designed to test and evolve according to the design.

Are there any other things besides the evolution of limbs that are being tested to evolve.

For example, like how a person thinks?

• Like 1

Just now, Illyrius said:

This is a simple denial without arguments. What i meant is do you think that design means something is made in a certain shape and doesn't change, or it changes in time?

No. It is a statement of fact. The processes that are and have been observed show no design. People like Will Due just saying design is rather meaningless and nothing more than opinion.

There is no design in life.

• Like 1

No. It is a statement of fact. The processes that are and have been observed show no design. People like Will Due just saying design is rather meaningless and nothing more than opinion.

There is no design in life.

There is no design in life. Great. :tu:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Yes and that's because they were designed to test and evolve according to the design.

Are there any other things besides the evolution of limbs that are being tested to evolve.

For example, like how a person thinks?

More opinion which is wrong. The evidence is quite clear that there is no design. At best the designer is an incompetent buffoon incapable of getting things right.

More opinion which is wrong. The evidence is quite clear that there is no design. At best the designer is an incompetent buffoon incapable of getting things right.

Do you think of yourself as poorly designed?

• Like 2

Just now, Illyrius said:

There is no design in life. Great. :tu:

Those believing in a designer and design might do well to show a design. Instead they simply try to pretend that their opinions are correct.

I personally believe that a designer does not exist. It is just a part of the old bronze age fairy tales that have been handed down to us and possibly reinvented by people such as the Chicago hoaxers. The beauty of the belief system is that it cannot be shown to be right or wrong. I can be wrong. Will Due and his Chicago hoax can be wrong. neither of us can prove one way or the other that they are right or wrong.

What we can do is show that life on Earth has evolved without design. Evolution on Earth is indistinguishable from a system involving no design. Hence, the suggestion of a designer is an extraneous hypothesis of no value. The facts are the fossil record and the living species today, our knowledge of chemistry and physics. These show that there is no design.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Do you think of yourself as poorly designed?

I'm not designed. That makes the question rather nonsensical.

• Like 1

I'm not designed. That makes the question rather nonsensical.

Well do you see your body as organized? Is it a result of a mere chance if you see your body as organized system that it is organized pretty well?

• Like 2

Just now, Illyrius said:

Well do you see your body as organized? Is it a result of a mere chance if you see your body as organized system that it is organized pretty well?

Organisms are laid out through genetic information. I've already pointed out the Hox genes. At least half a billion years of getting that worked out through evolutionary processes.

• Like 1

Organisms are laid out through genetic information. I've already pointed out the Hox genes. At least half a billion years of getting that worked out through evolutionary processes.

Is this genetic information result of a mere chance?

• Like 2

Just now, Illyrius said:

Is this genetic information result of a mere chance?

Yes. Random processes and survival. Advocates of design often want to misrepresent the randomness. They do this probably because they do not understand what random means. They also do not understand biological processes and evolution. Mere chance does not mean that random events suddenly construct a human. But random events still modify humans.

• Like 1

Mere chance does not mean that random events suddenly construct a human. 

Pretty good evidence of design.

• Like 1

Yes. Random processes and survival. Advocates of design often want to misrepresent the randomness. They do this probably because they do not understand what random means. They also do not understand biological processes and evolution. Mere chance does not mean that random events suddenly construct a human. But random events still modify humans.

What you are saying is that what we percieve as order, structure and organized complexity of the universe is a result of a mere chance of blind forces. Have i understood this correctly?

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked