Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

4 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Thanks 

You're welcome.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 1

Just now, Illyrius said:

What you are saying is that what we percieve as order, structure and organized complexity of the universe is a result of a mere chance of blind forces. Have i understood this correctly?

This thread is about evolution and a new book claiming a designer.

But this one post will address this issue. The universe is composed of different particles: photons, leptons, and baryons that are subject to rules we can understand. The result of billions of years of interactions between particles yields the universe we see today.

Back to the thread topic, the life we see on Earth is also subject to the same physics. Unlike the universe at large, life is dependent mainly on electron (a type of lepton) interactions, and is also subjected to gravity. The fact that the weak force provides the energy from the Sun is really not important. Evolution is a process that leads to the diversity of life on Earth.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

You're welcome.

You purposely misrepresented my post. You probably do that with all of this bizarre designer belief you are into.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

This thread is about evolution and a new book claiming a designer.

But this one post will address this issue. The universe is composed of different particles: photons, leptons, and baryons that are subject to rules we can understand. The result of billions of years of interactions between particles yields the universe we see today.

Back to the thread topic, the life we see on Earth is also subject to the same physics. Unlike the universe at large, life is dependent mainly on electron (a type of lepton) interactions, and is also subjected to gravity. The fact that the weak force provides the energy from the Sun is really not important. Evolution is a process that leads to the diversity of life on Earth.

Why all this particles have rules? Out of mere chance they decided to have rules? Why would that be? If there is no plan and design shouldn't it all be just a random chaos?

• Like 2

Illyrius, consider the human eye. That's a favorite example used by those promoting a designer. They wonder how it could be anything other than the result of a design. What they do not want you to know is all of the marvelous ways animals and plants and protista detect light. Some animals have light sensors on their legs. The octopus and squid are lucky because they do not have blood vessels in front of their retinas. Did you know humans do? If you have ever seen an image of a retinal scan you know that we have blood vessels inside of our eye blocking our vision. What sort of a bumbling designer would do that? A buffoon would do that. Our hearts have errors that lead to heart attacks. Young athletes in the prime of life have died because of this built in defect.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

If you have ever seen an image of a retinal scan you know that we have blood vessels inside of our eye blocking our vision. What sort of a bumbling designer would do that? A buffoon would do that. Our hearts have errors that lead to heart attacks. Young athletes in the prime of life have died because of this built in defect.

Probably there is purpose in imperfections too. That is what i would say.

• Like 2

Some animals have light sensors on their legs. 

It's too bad some animals don't have Light Sensors in their ears.

• Like 1

Just now, Illyrius said:

Why all this particles have rules? Out of mere chance they decided to have rules? Why would that be? If there is no plan and design shouldn't it all be just a random chaos?

The rules are the manner in which particles interact. You don't sink into the Earth due to gravity because the electrons in your body interact with the electrons of the ground to keep you on the surface.

• Like 1

Just now, stereologist said:

The rules are the manner in which particles interact. You don't sink into the Earth due to gravity because the electrons in your body interact with the electrons of the ground to keep you on the surface.

Sounds intelligently designed to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Probably there is purpose in imperfections too. That is what i would say.

You think it is a good idea for octopus to have an unobstructed retina and humans to have an obstructed view?

The simple fact is that there are dozens if not hundreds of different types of "eyes" in the living world.

You think it is a good idea for octopus to have an unobstructed retina and humans to have an obstructed view?

The simple fact is that there are dozens if not hundreds of different types of "eyes" in the living world.

The simple fact is that there are eyes in the world. Interesting organ which arose out of mere chance.

• Like 2

Why? I see nothing intelligent at all.

You don't think rules are intelligent?

• Like 1

Not even yourself?

• Like 2

Just now, Illyrius said:

Not even yourself?

What does that have to do with what was posted? Here is what was posted.

Your response

No.

Then if you follow rules, if you do, why?

• Like 1

What does that have to do with what was posted? Here is what was posted.

Your response

Why is human being inteligent, is that out of mere chance too?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

The simple fact is that there are eyes in the world. Interesting organ which arose out of mere chance.

Eyes are simply systems that involve electron transfer reactions induced by optical length EM. Some eyes do nothing more than detect light. They cause marine organisms to swim down to where light is not detected.

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

More moving of the goal posts.

Edited by stereologist
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Thanks for your idiotic non sequitur.

Edited by Will Due
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Thanks for your idiotic non sequitur.

Apparently you have no idea what a non sequitur is. I believe that.

So let's go back and see you move the goal posts.

I wrote

Illyrius wrote

I wrote

You wrote, which in hindsight is the first moving of the goal posts since rules up to this time has referred to the interaction of particles.

You don't think rules are intelligent?

I responded with the same answer.

No.

More moving of the goal posts

Then I wrote

I suggest you stop moving the goal posts to avoid looking foolish and you might learn what a non sequitur is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Then you agree that we were designed to believe something.

Is that a non-issue too?

Hi Will

How do you get designed to believe in something from what I said. Eternity if it exists would not necessarily infer design nor belief.

jmccr8

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Eternity if it exists would not necessarily infer design nor belief.

The design of nature infers it. 

• Like 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked