Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Maybe it's because they're commies?

Stalin-medal-hahau-are-funny-go-to-gulag.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Illyrius said:

Stalin-medal-hahau-are-funny-go-to-gulag.jpg

:rofl:

I already live in a gulag. Otherwise known as California. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Bioelectromagnetics is the study of the interaction between electromagnetic fields, (a part of Spirit in my language) and biological entities, that part of which, the bit we call aura, in my language is called soul.

Your “language” must not be English then because that’s not what it means. As bioelectromagnetics originates with biological life it also ends with that life making the concept of a soul irrelevant. 

ETA:  As opposed to bioelectromagnetics which originates from biological life Kirlian photography originates from the application of electricity from OUTSIDE the intended photograph target and is not a true biological aura in any real sense. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Do you believe in evolution Will? If so then at what level is God directing it exactly?

Is he shaping each atom in each person at all times? Is he adding stuff to the code right now? What was God's purpose in creating self-aware, highly intelligent hominids that we call Neanderthals and then wiping them out?

You still driving a Model T?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

Do you believe in evolution Will? If so then at what level is God directing it exactly?

Is he shaping each atom in each person at all times? Is he adding stuff to the code right now? What was God's purpose in creating self-aware, highly intelligent hominids that we call Neanderthals and then wiping them out?

Bodies and shapes change through time soul travels through this bodies to gain earth experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Your “language” must not be English then because that’s not what it means. As bioelectromagnetics originates with biological life it also ends with that life making the concept of a soul irrelevant. 

cormac

Not my language but my interpretation of the scientific language.

One last try.

From Wiki.

"Bioelectriomagnetics, also known as bioelectromagnetism, is the study of the interaction between electromagnetic fields and  biological entities." You notice that there are two things here interacting?

The former I would call Spirt, the latter I would call the soul, that which you have called aura.

Another snippet from Wiki concerning electromagnetic fields. "The electromagnetic field extends indefinitely throughout space and describes the electromagnetic interaction." So spirit in other words.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

ETA:  As opposed to bioelectromagnetics which originates from biological life Kirlian photography originates from the application of electricity from OUTSIDE the intended photograph target and is not a true biological aura in any real sense. 

cormac

Bioelectric Human Field is known as an Aura..

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

One last try.

From Wiki.

"Bioelectriomagnetics, also known as bioelectromagnetism, is the study of the interaction between electromagnetic fields and  biological entities.You notice that there are two things here interacting?

The former I would call Spirt, the latter I would call the soul, that which you have called aura.

Another snippet from Wiki concerning electromagnetic fields. "The electromagnetic field extends indefinitely throughout space and describes the electromagnetic interaction." So spirit in other words.

Then your interpretation is flawed. 

Have you noticed that you take things out of context? As stated in the same link and posted by my previously, these three items:

1)  Areas of study include electrical or electromagnetic fields produced by living cells, tissues or organisms

2)  the cell membrane potential and the electric currents that flow in nerves and muscles, as a result of action potentials

3)  The term can also refer to the ability of living cells, tissues, and organisms to produce electrical fields and the response of cells to electromagnetic fields

We're not talking about electromagnetic fields, we're talking about BIO-electromagnetic fields, a distinction you apparently don't or can't understand. Try again. And no, bioelectromagnetic fields DO NOT extend indefinitely throughout space.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Bioelectric Human Field is known as an Aura..

It is NOT soul, as CH is claiming.

cormac

• Like 1

cormac

Can you explain why is it not a soul just to see if this is not a mere denial without arguments.. please no links..

cormac

That wasnt what I said..

But seen as you brought it up ...What is Soul then???

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Can you explain why is it not a soul just to see if this is not a mere denial without arguments.. please no links..

Soul as defined by most religions and spiritually minded individuals is allegedly eternal. The bioelectromagnetic field of all life forms begins and ends with a biological entities existance thus is NOT eternal. I see a believers attempt to co-opt the bioelectromagnetic field/aura as an attempt to validate the soul as something real and scientifically verifiable. It's not. 

cormac

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Soul as defined by most religions and spiritually minded individuals is allegedly eternal. The bioelectromagnetic field of all life forms begins and ends with a biological entities existance thus is NOT eternal.

Ummm... well it isn't connected to a body anymore. Spiritualy minded individuals do not claim that soul stays with the dead body and that it plays with it any longer.

Edited by Illyrius
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

That wasnt what I said..

But seen as you brought it up ...What is Soul then???

You stepped into this discussion, it's your problem not mine.

Soul is an attempt by believers to find a greater meaning to life than what is verifiable for humanity as a whole. Nothing more IMO. 

cormac

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Will Due said:

You still driving a Model T?

That answers none of my questions.  I'll pose just one:

At what exact level is God controlling evolution? Please provide an example.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

35 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

17 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Then your interpretation is flawed. 

Have you noticed that you take things out of context? As stated in the same link and posted by my previously, these three items:

1)  Areas of study include electrical or electromagnetic fields produced by living cells, tissues or organisms

2)  the cell membrane potential and the electric currents that flow in nerves and muscles, as a result of action potentials

3)  The term can also refer to the ability of living cells, tissues, and organisms to produce electrical fields and the response of cells to electromagnetic fields

We're not talking about electromagnetic fields, we're talking about BIO-electromagnetic fields, a distinction you apparently don't or can't understand. Try again. And no, bioelectromagnetic fields DO NOT extend indefinitely throughout space.

cormac

Yes, including but not limited to.

35 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

One last try.

From Wiki.

"Bioelectriomagnetics, also known as bioelectromagnetism, is the study of the interaction between electromagnetic fields and  biological entities." You notice that there are two things here interacting?

What do you think I am quoting here?

BIOelectriomagnetics!

It has two parts - one is called "The electromagnetic field", the other part is called "biological entities". 

Bioelectromagnetics is made up of TWO parts INTERACTING.

I call them them Spirit and the soul.

And I agree, Bioelectromagnetics fields do not extend indefinitely into space, only the first part, the electromagnetic field.

Edited by Crazy Horse

Just now, Illyrius said:

Ummm... well it isn't connected to a body anymore. Spiritualy minded individuals do not claim that soul stays with the dead body and plays with it anymore.

As bioelectromagnetic fields cease to exist upon ones death you are left with a non-argument.

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

As bioelectromagnetic fields cease to exist upon ones death you are left with a non-argument.

cormac

Ummm.. ok. I think it is actually the opposite. But nevermind.

• Like 1

You stepped into this discussion, it's your problem not mine.

Soul is an attempt by believers to find a greater meaning to life than what is verifiable for humanity as a whole. Nothing more IMO. 

cormac

Can I just remind you, Your on a public forum dude its open for comment to everyone an I have no problem at all..

I was merely adding information on Auras as that was also being spoken about here...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crazy Horse said:

Yes, including but not limited to.

What do you think I am quoting here?

BIOelectriomagnetics!

It has two parts - one is called "The electromagnetic field", the other part is called "biological entities". 

Bioelectromagnetics is made up of TWO parts INTERACTING.

I call them them Spirit and the soul.

And I agree, Bioelectromagnetics fields do not extend indefinitely into space, only the first part, the electromagnetic field.

You brought it up as somehow relevant, it's not. 

cormac

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hre2breal said:

Can I just remind you, Your on a public forum dude its open for comment to everyone an I have no problem at all..

I was merely adding information on Auras as that was also being spoken about here...

You're also entitled to be irrelevant. Congratulations. 

cormac

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

You're also entitled to be irrelevant. Congratulations. 

cormac

Wow you got issues dude..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

You brought it up as somehow relevant, it's not. 

cormac

No I didnt bring up the idea that bioelectromagnetics extends into space, that was your assumption, what I actually said was that electromagnetism extends out to space..

Electromagnetism being only one part of BIOelelromagntism. 

You made the mistake.

Edit: see post 2338

Edited by Crazy Horse

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Time is measures space. Which is non-physical. 

Space is physical.  Are we just imagining it Will?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, I'mConvinced said:

That answers none of my questions.  I'll pose just one:

At what exact level is God controlling evolution? Please provide an example.

IC,

Why aren't you answering MY question?

I'll pose it again.

Inventors of robots look at nature and recognize the beauty, simplicity and serviceability of nature's designs, and try to duplicate them in their robot designs. 

They do this because they recognize nature's designs. I doubt any of them would ever claim nature was not designed. They no doubt have great profits to make from using nature's designs in there products.

Yet, some otherwise very intelligent people claim that nothing in nature was designed.

Can you explain why some do this?

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked