Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

Just now, stereologist said:

No. Meaning is something people assign. I can assign meaning to whatever I want to just as you assign that attribute wherever you want to. The universe has no meaning to me. Some other things do. Illogical? You must prove that.You are simply making a guess.

As are you with your false dichotomy. You come to a conclusion in the absence of evidence, not with the knowledge or certainty that such evidence does not exist. Perhaps it does not, but to not know something is not the same as the certainty of complete knowledge. What we know of the universe exists, whether we are here to know it or not. In the hubris of pride we just preen ourselves on what little knowledge we have thus far gleaned of it.

• Like 3

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

As are you with your false dichotomy. You come to a conclusion in the absence of evidence, not with the knowledge or certainty that such evidence does not exist. Perhaps it does not, but to not know something is not the same as the certainty of complete knowledge. What we know of the universe exists, whether we are here to know it or not. In the hubris of pride we just preen ourselves on what little knowledge we have thus far gleaned of it.

You seem to be rambling on about nothing here.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

You seem to be rambling on about nothing here.

Then you're not as bright as I thought you were.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

Are you trying to tell me you believe you know more than me about souls now Stereo or are you building yourself up to call me a liar Again really...

You simply don't know about souls. You have a belief you pretend is true. It is not possible to know about souls. They don't exist.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, stereologist said:

A meaningless universe can contain some meaningful things or even concepts.

I think you should switch that around.

• Like 3

Then we have a mutual appreciation of each other.

Not hardly. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

Just now, Mystic Crusader said:

I think you should switch that around.

No. The universe is meaningless. I think Hammerclaw has made some assumptions which are unwarranted.

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Not hardly. 

I'll let you figure out your goof on your own if you actually think your ramblings are logical.

Edited by stereologist

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I'll let you figure out your goof on your own if you actually think your ramblings are logical.

Show me how they are not. I make no unwarranted assumptions and am open to new input. Yours, on the other hand is concluded and brooks no discussion. 

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So please enter the discuss about the thread instead of making an ass of yourself by attacking other posters.

Last I checked, you were the one that brought up a laundry list of topics all classified under 'woo.' I was simply responding to that in a more general sense.

Though as for the Intelligent Design versus Evolution debate, it might surprise you to know that I do support the science of evolution. I merely think that there may be more to it then just simple natural selection. Though I'm sure even that is far too extreme for your taste.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Yeah about my 'contradiction' I was addressing aquila, a member I have a basic level of respect for. I didn't want us to make it personal. Anyone else is fair game. 

Yet you still contradicted yourself, and I was calling you out on that.

You say you didn't want to make it personal, yet you already had, I suggested this was because you lack, (your owns words) a universe that is meaningless. I on the other hand see meaning in everything, but to be able to make any sense of such a thing, there has to be some ideals worthy of consideration. To make a foundation - an hypnosis if you will?

And it is these ideals that are the basis of my whole philosophy and therefore my whole life too.

And it is because of this that I wouldn't make a personal comment about someone, and then the very next post say that I don't want to make it "personal". Its too late, you already did, and if you could understand these words now, you might even thank me lol...?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You simply don't know about souls. You have a belief you pretend is true. It is not possible to know about souls. They don't exist.

You simply dont know about anything it seems...the evidence is rampant through the whole thread with everyone...Clueless...

• Like 2

If you're going to engage Sterologist, you're going to have to give him some thing to cut his teeth on. All you do, presenting him with esoteric concepts of gods and souls and the afterlife, is to give him nothing to spar with but ghosts and shadows. He is right to be disdainful; you can't argue for or against science with theology.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Show me how they are not. I make no unwarranted assumptions and am open to new input. Yours, on the other hand is concluded and brooks no discussion. 

I figured you were unable to avoid making blatantly bad assumptions. I'll let you waste away in your befuddled state.

32 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you don't know. I believe that. But you believe you have one. I believe that.

Do you know anything at all about souls such as " But everyone has a soul an also a souls destiny to for that matter.. " No. You might believe that.

But that is not true. I do not have a soul. Your statement is therefore wrong. Just as you don't know about souls in other people or other species you certainly know nothing about soul destiny.

That actually explains a lot...

And btw, did you manage to see XFish's contradiction yet?

The one I posted on #2661?

You know, the one I was talking to XFish about when you came and jumped in the discussion, a discussion about whether XF had contradicted himself or not! The discussion that wasn't about you!

• Like 2

Just now, stereologist said:

I figured you were unable to avoid making blatantly bad assumptions. I'll let you waste away in your befuddled state.

So, in other words, you have no logical rebuttal and personal insult is the last resort of the incompetent debater. You're better than that. Give it some thought and come back later.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Aquila King said:

Last I checked, you were the one that brought up a laundry list of topics all classified under 'woo.' I was simply responding to that in a more general sense.

Though as for the Intelligent Design versus Evolution debate, it might surprise you to know that I do support the science of evolution. I merely think that there may be more to it then just simple natural selection. Though I'm sure even that is far too extreme for your taste.

I see so your whining was based on me listing terms incorrectly used by those championing woo. Glad to see your whining is as fresh as ever.

One of the problems of course with evolution is that people do not understand the process. As I have repeated through the thread only one aspect is random.  The feedback mechanism of survival is not.

Guyver

The person who is the designer is not in question at the moment, only the issue of whether or not we were designed.  

Yeah, but c'mon. Unless you're proposing some sort of "designerless design" (in which case, write it up and Google will fund it), "Was there a designer?" and "Was there a design?" are the same question, both are yes or both are no.

• Like 6

Take a break.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

So, in other words, you have no logical rebuttal and personal insult is the last resort of the incompetent debater. You're better than that. Give it some thought and come back later.

Wrong again. I have no interest in dealing with the one that started the insults.

14 minutes ago, Hre2breal said:

You simply dont know about anything it seems...the evidence is rampant through the whole thread with everyone...Clueless...

There is no evidence. It is simply personal opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I see so your whining was based on me listing terms incorrectly used by those championing woo. Glad to see your whining is as fresh as ever.

Everything I just said just flew right over your head now didn't it?... :mellow:

No sense in repeating myself here...

• Like 2

Getting back to the topic of ID. The one problem has been that no one has posted anything about a design issue other than me.

As far as I can tell I am the only one that has posted anything related to the OP that is about design. There were no comments.

It seems that the issue of design is rather dead.

There is no evidence. It is simply personal opinion.

If it is an insult to be politely disputed--you shouldn't even be here. I'll let the others address your "insults" to them.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked