Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Brother_Spirit

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

2,739 posts in this topic

jmccr8
20 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Hi Jay.

I will only say why i find CH much more reasonable than Psyche101. What Psyche101 does is called "quote mining" he dissects the text and negates it step by step by offering very little arguments and very much biased opinions edging on the border of insults. When clearly faced with truth, like when i proved that Rupert Sheldrake is a scientist - he negates a fact.

I don't see almost anything objective or reasonable in his posts. So i prefer to consider other more balanced and objective posters more seriously, and CH is certainly one of this posters.

Hi Illyrius

Breaking down posts to address specific points is a good way for other readers to follow the argument. What Psyche is doing is giving responses with links to show the value of a position which is a good thing because it shows why his argument has a basis of structure and is valuable to a reader that wants to learn.

jmccr8

• Like 5

Illyrius
1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

What Psyche is doing is giving responses with links to show the value of a position which is a good thing

Wanna link to Big Blue Book?

• Like 2

jmccr8
6 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Devil made you do this post, admit it! :D

Hi Illyrius

You know it.

No?:lol:

Yes!:devil:

jmccr8

jmccr8
3 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Wanna link to Big Blue Book?

Hi Illyrius

I have both a blue book and a black book but we aren't talking cars or women here.:lol:

jmccr8

• Like 3

Will Due
13 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Devil made you do this post, admit it! :D

Loyalty,  its a biautch.

• Like 1

Illyrius
Just now, Will Due said:

Loyalty,  its a biautch.

:w00t:

• Like 1

Rlyeh

Kent Hovind is not only a complete moron he's also a "sovereign citizen" tax fraud.

• Like 4

Doug1o29
14 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Space is 3 spatial dimensions, spacetime is 4 dimensional with space and the temporal dimension.

I'd like to hear you two discuss of n-dimensional Euvlidean space.

Doug

Podo
2 minutes ago, Doug1o29 said:

I'd like to hear you two discuss of n-dimensional Euvlidean space.

Doug

Those Sovereign Citizens are completely bonkers, and super dangerous.

• Like 1

Liquid Gardens
7 hours ago, Illyrius said:

What Psyche101 does is called "quote mining" he dissects the text and negates it step by step by offering very little arguments and very much biased opinions edging on the border of insults.

That's not what quote mining is actually, what psyche is doing is quoting the multiple points in what he's responding to separately as it makes it easier to understand.  Quote mining is when someone quotes just a part of what someone is saying to misrepresent what they've said and their actual position. 

For example, it's like me saying that Crazy Horse and I agree about materialism, after all he just said "only materialistic science is worth considering".  If you look at what he said around what I quoted from him, you'll see that his position is exactly the opposite, and that I quote mined him.

Edited by Liquid Gardens
  • Like 5

joc
7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

If mind is physical then show me.

1.  Visit a rehabilitation center for the brain damaged.

2. There is no proof that anyone has ever been clinically dead for several hours or days and miraculously came back to life.

3.  If Mind exists without body....why on Gods grey earth do we have bodies?

• Like 6

Harte
14 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Who gave us the black and white version of reality, ie, it must be right, or it must be wrong.

Where as two truths can sit in the same space. For example I can say that each human being is unique, and I can say that each human being is the same. Both are true, and contradictory.

You have no scruples at all, and you display that fact for all to see, evidenced by your misrepresentation of Aristotle and the GREAT advancements in thinking that he was responsible for.

Harte

• Like 6

Harte
11 hours ago, Illyrius said:

Is time physical?

Time is also "bent" by gravity.

Since that definition of physical was put forward, using it one must admit that the answer is yes.

Harte

• Like 5

Harte
11 hours ago, Will Due said:

I understand your point.

But if there isn't anything in space to measure, then you're not measuring anything, except perhaps distance, which is measured by time, not space.

Because space without anything in it, is a non-physical entity. Nothing is there. 

No?

No.

Harte

• Like 3

Harte
7 hours ago, Ellapennella said:

He's a funny guy, Kent Hovind. I came across him one day searching about this topic.

Just sharing the shorter length  videos not in their entirety.  

He's funny, for a felon.

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/local/2015/07/10/hovind-free-jail-back-pensacola/29969745/

Harte

• Like 3

Piney
2 hours ago, Podo said:

Those Sovereign Citizens are completely bonkers, and super dangerous.

I always considered them "punching clowns" in prison.....

• Like 3

Harte
7 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

Mind, self awareness, consciousness, perception, that which we think with... 

Neurons are not mind, hormones neither. The fact that some of the folk who experience NDEs are clinically dead, sometimes for hours, no electrical signal, no blood flow to the brain, "scientifically" dead, yet they still experience consciousness, this demonstrates that mind isn't in the brain.

And as for Sheldrake, he gets called a pseudo-scientists because he looks at things outside established disciplines. He is a scientist because scientists have hypothesis, they test them, and then they get these findings published in peer reviewed journals, ergo, Sheldrake is a scientist and not a pseudo-scientist.

If mind is physical then show me.

A computer can beat you at chess, yet it is a pile of material. It's program, however, is not.

Harte

• Like 4

MauriOra

Afternoon All..(nz time)

:)

If Mind and Brain are one and the same, Why two words to describe it..? 

It would have made it a heck load easier to just have the One word.. If that was the case ..

Cheers ..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

Harte

You mean nothing else has two words that describe it, so mind and brain MUST be different?

Harte

jmccr8
9 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Afternoon All..(nz time)

:)

If Mind and Brain are one and the same, Why two words to describe it..? 

It would have made it a heck load easier to just have the One word.. If that was the case ..

Cheers ..

Mo..xx

Hi MauriOra

I am one person but people have used several different words to describe me.:lol:

You might say brain describes the organ and mind as a function of the organ.

jmccr8

• Like 3

MauriOra
Just now, jmccr8 said:

Hi MauriOra

I am one person but people have used several different words to describe me.:lol:

You might say brain describes the organ and mind as a function of the organ.

jmccr8

Atamarie Jay..,

Hahahaha..:lol:..!!!

Your have such awesome humour... :yes: ..!!

Thankyou for your response ..I can see sense in that answer ..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

Will Due
22 minutes ago, Harte said:

A computer can beat you at chess, yet it is a pile of material. It's program, however, is not.

Harte

No.

• Like 1

MauriOra
16 minutes ago, Harte said:

You mean nothing else has two words that describe it, so mind and brain MUST be different?

Harte

Hi Harte,

Its algud .. Mr Jay, gave me a answer, and I see his view..

I was just querying , thats all .. Thoughts come and go in my mind, and that was a Question, I wanted to ask ..

.Mo.xx

• Like 1