Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent Design: Evolution 2.0

Only_

53 minutes ago, Illyrius said:

Aristarchus of Samos (/ˌærəˈstɑːrkəs/; Greek: Ἀρίσταρχος ὁ Σάμιος, Aristarkhos ho Samios; c. 310 – c. 230 BC) was an ancient Greek astronomer and mathematician who presented the first known model that placed the Sun at the center of the known universe with the Earth revolving around it (see Solar system). He was influenced by Philolaus of Croton, but Aristarchus identified the "central fire" with the Sun, and he put the other planets in their correct order of distance around the Sun.[1] Like Anaxagoras before him, he suspected that the stars were just other bodies like the Sun, albeit further away from Earth. He was also the first one to deduce the rotation of earth on its axis. His astronomical ideas were often rejected in favor of the incorrect geocentric theories of Aristotle and Ptolemy. Nicolaus Copernicus attributed the heliocentric theory to Aristarchus.[2]

If his model wasn't accepted why did you post this?

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Thread cleaned

Getting rather tired of the 'gang warfare' going on between certain members (and you know who you are).

Any future derailment, personal insults or other disruptions will result in further action being taken against those responsible.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SeekerWCF said:

That is not what evolution does. Life does not adapt, it simply stops existing if it didn't reproduce. Then there is enough variation in muatations that hopefully one of those variations has something about it that can survive the circumstamces that killed its brethren off or allowed it to reproduce better thereby passing on this trait. We must be very careful to understand that natural selection is environment driven and biologically random. Then people can maybe able to understand why complexity grows from humongous amounts of chaos and unsuccessful life.

Life exists and the purpose of life is to procreate. This is not a unique aspect to humans and as far as I am concerned adaptation is inclusive of mutation in that it is a part of why we live.

Not sure if you are familiar with the position of the person that the post was directed to or not. For clarification Trevor believes that some guy in the sky picked up a hand full of dust spit in it and worked it into mud then blow dried it with his breath after shaping it into a mud man. Evolution for Trevor is a fallacy so giving my answer as I did was sufficient as a response but thanks for the clarification of your perspective.

jmccr8 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Considering how far we have come and what we have achieved, I do feel we can eventually answer any conundrum that faces us. 

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/phys.org/news/2015-06-evidence-emerges-life.amp

That was a very interesting read.  Thank you!  

Carter said, "Translating the genetic code is the nexus connecting pre-biotic chemistry to biology."

There is a reason why things are as they are.  All reasons are eventually knowable...if we take the time, energy and fortitude to search.   We are all very knowledgeable within our chosen fields.  These people like Carter are on the cutting edge of Science.  I can only applaud people who dedicate their lives to 'knowing'.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, MauriOra said:

Mr Mr Joc ..

Your Mind is Amazing.. Honest.. I have really enjoyed, Reading your thoughts in your Words.This Post was Awesome too, so Cheers for that.. So Cool ..

Ok, as to Above... Energy...

Humans Are Energy too, so when we Die, we're turned back into Energy .. So it Never Dies..

As for Creating it, well your Right, it just is what it is, and what it has always been and always will be ...

We can Use it though .. Through, Mind,thoughts and Heart, feelings..

And through the Physical Body, which is An Energetic Satellite, Picking up info and Emitting Info..

I Believe, We are Energy First, Hue Man Second...

Here's another Idea, I've had..

What if, There Are Gods for Their Own Solar System.. Or Star System.. ? Own little Creators..

I have a feeling there is ..

In the Stories, it says...We have Earth, Man was Made from Earth, and Life was Breathed into Him , What was this Life that was breathed into him..Was it Energy?

It has been called the Breath of Life, but could it have been Energy.?

Energy, into the Physical..

I'm just thinking Dude, Out loud.. Lol...

Hope you and yours are well ..

Mo..xx

Thinking out loud as well:

There is only one thing that exists....Energy.   Heat is energy.  As heat cools, the energy of the heat is transformed into wind.  The wind blows through the trees...and some of that energy is changed into the moving of the tree limbs.  The moving of the tree limbs change some of the energy into leaves blowing in the wind.  

All stages of existence...from Quantum to the Observable Environment....it is all a constant transference of Energy. Energy is literally everything that exists.  Energy just is.  Energy cannot create Energy.  It is all a transference of states.   

You have a beautiful mind. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

It also depends on how one defines life as it has been shown that amino acids, the precursors of life, have indeed travelled to earth via cosmic impactors. 

cormac

The Earth itself consists of the same elements as the rest of the Universe.  Before there was a primordial soup on Planet Earth...there was (and always is) a Primordial Soup of Cosmic Stuff.  

Since reading the words...cosmic impactors...I am, for some reason, left with the image of E from the movie Wall E.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joc said:

That was a very interesting read.  Thank you!  

Carter said, "Translating the genetic code is the nexus connecting pre-biotic chemistry to biology."

There is a reason why things are as they are.  All reasons are eventually knowable...if we take the time, energy and fortitude to search.   We are all very knowledgeable within our chosen fields.  These people like Carter are on the cutting edge of Science.  I can only applaud people who dedicate their lives to 'knowing'.

Indeed some of these people on the Cutting edge are answering questions we never thought would be answered. 

What Urey and Miller started huh! 

Some questions might never be answered like 'did life arise multiple times - are we life 6.0?' but seeing these big questions being tackled just because we can gives one hope. The future could be bright yet. 

• Like 3

"Survival of the Fittest" is really "Survival of the Barely Adequate."  If you fit your environment well enough to survive and leave progeny, you are an evolutionary success.  If not, you are inadequate and get weeded out.

Evolution has provided us with hundreds of genetic defects, from Downs syndrome to disease susceptibilities.  These argue against any form of intelligence playing with the genome.  An intelligent being would know not to include these, but there they are.  So much for "intelligent design" in the matter of evolution.  If there was a master designer, the term "intelligence" does not apply to it.

How about intelligent design in the development of the cosmos?  The flow of energy through a system organizes the system.  So you see order everywhere you look.  So what?  You are seeing the result of energy passing through your environment.

Doug

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Doug1o29 said:

"Survival of the Fittest" is really "Survival of the Barely Adequate."  If you fit your environment well enough to survive and leave progeny, you are an evolutionary success.  If not, you are inadequate and get weeded out.

Evolution has provided us with hundreds of genetic defects, from Downs syndrome to disease susceptibilities.  These argue against any form of intelligence playing with the genome.  An intelligent being would know not to include these, but there they are.  So much for "intelligent design" in the matter of evolution.  If there was a master designer, the term "intelligence" does not apply to it.

How about intelligent design in the development of the cosmos?  The flow of energy through a system organizes the system.  So you see order everywhere you look.  So what?  You are seeing the result of energy passing through your environment.

Doug

I allways had a hard time understanding why an intelligent designer would include so many undesirable things in his creation. Why create mankind...... and then create diseases and natural disasters that can kill them ? 

It doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I allways had a hard time understanding why an intelligent designer would include so many undesirable things in his creation. Why create mankind...... and then create diseases and natural disasters that can kill them ? 

Have you ever met someone who's life has rolled out without any problems? You know, somebody who had it all and never had any of life's common disappointments?

What was your impression of what kind of a person he or she was?

• Like 2

Just now, Will Due said:

Have you ever met someone who's life has rolled out without any problems? You know, somebody who had it all and never had any of life's common disappointments?

What was your impression of what kind of a person he or she was?

How is that relevant to gods creation of life ?

I know that if I was to create my own world I wouldn't fill it with things trying to kill the people living there. Thats just cruel.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

How is that relevant to gods creation of life ?

Pain and suffering are essential to progressive evolution.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Will Due said:

So if you created a world you would fill it with pain and suffering ?

Think about that for a while.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Not really. The industrial revolution brought many creature comforts. 

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

So if you created a world you would fill it with pain and suffering ?

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

Not really. The industrial revolution brought many creature comforts. 

The greatest affliction, is never to have been afflicted. 

Becoming wise is impossible without tribulation. 

No?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Will Due said:

No?

Creating a World and then deliberately filling it with pain and suffering, is pretty much the same as having a child and then willfully subjecting that child to pain and suffering. Would you do that to your child ? If the answer is yes you have the same morality as god.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Creating a World and then deliberately filling it with pain and suffering, is pretty much the same as having a child and then willfully subjecting that child to pain and suffering. Would you do that to your child ? If the answer is yes you have the same morality as god.

Why do you blame our creator for all the pain an suffering?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

Why don't you? That is fact what grandpa is saying. 

Like standing your only begotten son to be tortured and murdered horribly for forgiveness instead of going

I forgive you all. 

Horrid creature this Yaweh character. 

1 hour ago, Will Due said:

No?

No, guidance and practical illustration is more than sufficient. 

1 hour ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Why Dawkins refuses to debate William Lane Craig any more. 

B9RQyouCYAALS3U.jpg

His ethics are disgusting. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It would only make sense if that designer wanted its creations to suffer. 

If it made us so that we could go through trials and tribulations it allows...that are afforded to us by its partner in crime. 

And only if we come out on the other side still blindly praising its name do we have the chance (so the books claim) of some other life after this that's not supposed to suck. 

A great example of this is the story of Job.

• Like 1

But why a whole system where not only we suffer, but everything else suffers along with us?

It's not like the slug can bend a knee. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It would only make sense if that designer wanted its creations to suffer. 

If it made us so that we could go through trials and tribulations it allows...that are afforded to us by its partner in crime. 

And only if we come out on the other side still blindly praising its name do we have the chance (so the books claim) of some other life after this that's not supposed to suck. 

A great example of this is the story of Job.

I always thought that using Job for a bet just made God look like a dick. 

• Like 3

Just now, psyche101 said:

I've always wondered why Christians think the satan would be the enemy of God.

Clearly, in the Job story...the satan was working for Yahweh.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Or maybe it's not actually God. 

What a great way for da debbil to troll everyone, eh?

Just write some "holy books" and have them all contradict each other and themselves. 

Then sit back with your popcorn and watch everyone jump through hoops of fire. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I've always wondered why Christians think the satan would be the enemy of God.

Clearly, in the Job story...the satan was working for Yahweh.

I'm watching Lucifer on Netflix 

Put a a different spin on that relationship. He seems pretty good bloke in that light. He is really annoyed at God for associating him with evil, he says people are evil, all he does is punishment them for it and gets a bad rap. 

As much evidence behind it as the Bible does though. 

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked