Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There's 2 of them...

Tracey2005

When the camera is shaking around, you can get all kinds of artifacts. The "cat eyes" look like they are artifacts from the corners of the dogs eyes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rashore said:

Ok folks... I know a lot of you have your own takes on spooky stuff... but the OP is getting too much flack in this thread. It's not hospitable to the new member and not within keeping of the forum rules.

Be nice folks, and discuss the topic civilly please.

THANK YOU ! :(

18 hours ago, Dejarma said:

or the lens

Honestly if a person feels like there' something going on in their home what's the harm in smudging? It' actually scientifically shown that burning sage gets rid of negative ions in the air and that that have been associated with negative feelings and that....

Tracey2005 I'm sorry that people are being rude :( I've had a lot of stuff happen in my life (I've seen a fan float by itself and much more) and I get that it' possible that the photos could just be something with the photos thats not something supernatural. However you are the one living there and experiencing it. Its difficult to put across the feelings that you get when something is off through typing behind a screen.  Whatever you see or feel, you know better than anyone else. If you feel there' something going on, then you can take steps towards taking care of that.....im not saying just here but really anywhere online, there tend to be (as I call them) "keyboard warriors" who want to attack other people for whatever reason they feel the need to. Don't let them get to ypu.....as I said, you know what you feel in your house better than anyone else.....maybe do some research on the house or the land it's built on, see if there's anything that went on there (girls that passed away, any other strange things like deaths in the woods etc etc etc?) I would help but I wouldn  ask you to post your info publicly online!!!! 

But yeah, don't let ppl get to you! I try to be open minded to everything but I feel like some ppl tend to be very skeptical to a point of doubt first, accept maybe later.....if that makes sense

Edited by Ittakesmagic139
Added more
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tracey2005 said:

isnt funny that the entire photo seems blurred, and double exposed except for the white smokey looking section and the small set of eyes? (above the double exposed nose )

Motion blur not double exposure.

The thing about the “smokey looking section” is that there are no defined edges so you can’t say for sure if it’s in focus or not. Chances are it’s out of focus too because the entire photo if full of blurring. 

As far as the other photos (trail cam in window), how do you know it wasn’t anything on the screen itself? 

Also, I guess you missed my question...

Have you examined the tree close up? 

Edited by SecretSanta

16 minutes ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

Honestly if a person feels like there' something going on in their home what's the harm in smudging?

yeah, I agree- why not... although I feel the whole thing is totally ridiculous, I never said there's harm in it! 

• Like 1

From a photography point of view, I'm not seeing anything particularly interesting, and pointing cameras towards the sun is *the* way to get lots of lens flares in shapes that can then be pareidolia-ed into anything you want.

But my biggest problem is this sort of statement:

On 2/10/2018 at 1:45 AM, Tracey2005 said:

it is a girl. she has short semi curly hair, and is wearing a short sleeve shirt.  I can see it plain as day, and it is not either one of my daughters.

I have a few observations to offer on the first two photos:

1. The person is way out of focus, and to say that the blur that (probably) is the edge of her/his hair is short and curly, is just not valid.  The person could have been running, turning, flicking their hair with their other hand, etc, so it could be short or long, may be curly or straight or wavy....  I do agree it's likely a person as you have captured it twice on a motion sensor camera, and it appears to have the characteristics of a person, but beyond that?

2. You have told us it is not your daughters, but not really backed that up in any way.  I'm not asking you to post images of them (don't), but how about describing the characteristics that cannot possibly be matched to what we see?  Bear in mind that, as above, they are out of focus, and they are over-illuminated by the IR lighting from the camera, so the tones of them / their hair / what they are wearing, will be way off.

Have you tried setting that camera up in exactly the same place in similar lighting conditions, and then getting each of them to move past the camera, both slowly and fast and at different distances, to see what you get?

Tracey, if you want these to be 'spirits', that's ok, as long as you are careful not to scare your kids or yourself.  But if you are serious about getting it investigated and identified, then you need to be careful of cherry-picking (ie only showing the anomalies that are hard to explain, or pointing the trailcam into bright light and looking for faces/whatever), and also do not dismiss possibilities until you have *really* thought about them..

Anyway, I'll leave it at that, as I can't see that further *image* analysis can help.

BTW - apologies if I missed this, but have you sat down with your daughters individually and had a good talk to them to ensure they aren't playing what they might think is a harmless little joke?

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

yeah, I agree- why not... although I feel the whole thing is totally ridiculous, I never said there's harm in it! 

Any form of banishing ritual is good at getting rid of 'imaginary problems'. 

27 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Any form of banishing ritual is good at getting rid of 'imaginary problems'. 

Why don't you go search the science behind smudging your house with sage and get back to me......thwre is real evidence that shows that it makes negative ions positive. Whether it's something supernatural or just negative feelings/energy it can help. And what makes a problem imaginary exactly? Are you there? Do you feel it? Do you know what she feels exactly? Nope, you can't. So exactly what is imaginary about it. Please explain. (Moderators if you read this. I'm sorry if I'm seeming hostile. I just hate how people keep attacking the op. I don' know how someone can claim that what someone FEELS is imaginary. Same as an opinion. Opinions are like AS*****S everyone has one. This isnt ant diffetent so if im being too hostile i apologize I just feel like people here are very hostile towards a lot of ppl who post)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

Honestly if a person feels like there' something going on in their home what's the harm in smudging? It' actually scientifically shown that burning sage gets rid of negative ions in the air and that that have been associated with negative feelings and that....

I would like to see that study dabbler. In my opinion as a fully trained "Wisdom Keeper" who reads medical journals and know what chemicals are in plants, sage is a "sensitizer" which increases allergies and it smells like burning horse ****.  My people use upland red cedar which is actually a juniper and smells good

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

Why don't you go search the science behind smudging your house with sage and get back to me......thwre is real evidence that shows that it makes negative ions positive. Whether it's something supernatural or just negative feelings/energy it can help. And what makes a problem imaginary exactly? Are you there? Do you feel it? Do you know what she feels exactly? Nope, you can't. So exactly what is imaginary about it. Please explain. (Moderators if you read this. I'm sorry if I'm seeming hostile. I just hate how people keep attacking the op. I don' know how someone can claim that what someone FEELS is imaginary. Same as an opinion. Opinions are like AS*****S everyone has one. This isnt ant diffetent so if im being too hostile i apologize I just feel like people here are very hostile towards a lot of ppl who post)

Why has the OP (or anyone else with 'feelings' like this) started a thread telling the story?? Would I be wrong in assuming they want answers, help?

The OP feels the photos are of something supernatural in nature== they are not!! Simple as that. The photos in question are of normal photographic anomalies of which the OP has been told this by people who know...

When people do not listen then those trying to help start to get a little annoyed=  then we get folk like your good self moaning about the replies!!

Now what? What else does the OP want? Not interested in the answers they don't want to hear I guess- nothing new there:rolleyes:

Edited by Dejarma

1 hour ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

Why don't you go search the science behind smudging your house with sage and get back to me......thwre is real evidence that shows that it makes negative ions positive.

Considering negative ions could be good for you (there are studies that confirm and deny it) I have to call BS on that whole idea.

Even if they were bad for you, burning something like that isn't going to have a lasting effect, get an air ionizer if thats what you want - but those make negative ions so I guess demons/ghosts/spooks would love them? IDK.

Edited by moonman

5 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

The OP feels the photos are of something supernatural in nature== they are not!! Simple as that. 

"Simple as that'??......Opinions stated with certainty do not close a subject for many of us. So be a little more mellow in how you put things. At this point they COULD be supernatural and they COULD be natural.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

"Simple as that'??......Opinions stated with certainty do not close a subject for many of us. So be a little more mellow in how you put things. At this point they COULD be supernatural and they COULD be natural.

if you consider the possibility: 'COULD be supernatural' then there's no need for those who know for a fact they are nothing more than normal photographic anomalies replying to this thread, right?

if so then in future i'd suggest this forum should make a rule that if you only want believers to reply then it should be stated in the thread topic somehow.. or just have a separate forum section!

then folk like your good self will not have to suffer facts, logic, professional opinions & common sense, eh?? what do you think?

Edited by Dejarma

4 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

if you want them to: 'COULD be' then there's no need for those who know for a fact they are nothing more than normal photographic anomalies replying to this thread, right?

if so then in future i'd suggest this forum should make a rule that if you only want believers to reply then it should be stated in the thread topic somehow.. or just have a separate forum section!

then folk like your good self will not have to suffer facts, logic, professional opinions & common sense, eh?? what do you think?

So you can conclusively prove that little girl in post #19, as an example, could not possibly be something paranormal?

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 2

Just now, papageorge1 said:

So you can conclusively proved that little girl in post #19, as an example, could not possibly be something paranormal?

no you're missing the point= i feel no need to! the OP does

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

It has nothing to do with ion are any pseudo-science bs you want to tack onto it. It's nothing more than a spiritual placebo. Something to calm the mind and let the 'bad thoughts' vanish. I've played this game before. I know the psychology behind it. Hell, I even have a thread dedicated to it. It's call the magical placebo effect. 

As for the OP, I could honestly care less what's going on. I think all of this is just a misunderstanding and she's (like soooo many others) are seeing ghost were there are none. 

Just now, Dejarma said:

no you're missing the point= i feel no need to! the OP does

I'll take that as a 'no you can't' prove that little girl in post #19, as an example, could not possibly be something paranormal?

• Like 2

She should keep any pictures of the girls coming. Maybe she will catch a full apparition. And the other photos, I just don't see anything but pareidolia, blur etc.. But the girls pictures are interesting.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

BTW - apologies if I missed this, but have you sat down with your daughters individually and had a good talk to them to ensure they aren't playing what they might think is a harmless little joke?

My daughters have had their own experiences. We have had a very long talk about what is happening. It was mainly to inform them their not going crazy and there is no need to be afraid! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tracey2005 said:

I didnt state I was looking for a place to be ridiculed, harassed,  or made to feel like its all in my head and I'm some sort of physio path. 

First off let me clear something up for you. May times what we think is happening isn't actually happening. I've seen 'ghost' quite often but I know the exact conditions for this, the state of mind I need to be (mental/physically exhausted). I also know that our brains love patterns and we 'create something out of nothing' when it comes to unfamiliar or constant stimuli. Plus we have to deal with our own cognitive and confirmation bias. So yes you've had what you perceive to be a paranormal experience, but just remember we can trick ourselves and idea spread like a virus.

40 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

First off let me clear something up for you. May times what we think is happening isn't actually happening. 

FIRST OFF ... This really is my last justification to any of you here.  YOU may think nothing is happening.  I KNOW differently.

My boyfriends experience (seeing someone on my stairs) DID HAPPEN. it was not in his head, nor did he trick himself.  To further support his experience, my DOG sensed it/saw it at the same time! and charged up the stairs at it!! (my daughters were in bed, wearing shorts and barefoot)...it was not them on the stairs. secondly  My dogs do this often in my home. when there is nothing there for ME to see.But this time, IT was seen what one of them were charging at.  but I'm sure to you and the rest....I suppose dogs can trick themselves  too right?....   

SECONDLY OFF,  I have seen 1 of these girls myself (run past my bedroom door while I was folding laundry.(45 minutes after my daughters went to bed) My room is right beside both of theirs. I immediately said to myself "wtf is she not sleeping yet"...... I thought it was twin B.  I walked into both their rooms, and both of them were sound asleep, buried in their beds. The child I SAW............... was neither of mine. but there were no dogs upstairs to charge at the presence.  I am not posting Hoaxes, I'm not making **** up in my head. I have not even had the time to post all my experiences here, and I'm not quite convinced that its best I do. ....that is all.

Edited by Tracey2005
forgot some info
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tracey2005 said:

This really is my last justification to any of you here.  YOU may think nothing is happening.  I KNOW differently.

My boyfriends experience (seeing someone on my stairs) DID HAPPEN. it was not in his head, nor did he trick himself.  To further support his experience, my DOG sensed it/saw it at the same time! and charged up the stairs at it!! (my daughters were in bed, wearing shorts and barefoot)...it was not them on the stairs. secondly  My dogs do this often in my home. when there is nothing there for ME to see.But this time, IT was seen what one of them were charging at.  but I'm sure to you and the rest....I suppose dogs can trick themselves  too right?....   that is all.

You go girl!!!! You know what you saw nobody else

• Like 3

Hello Tracey2005,

I'm sorry you've had such a hard time but don't be discouraged.  Many people here, myself included, do not believe outright in ghosts and so will look for a logical explanation.  It would be nice if this was done in a less aggressive manner and with more consideration for the poster but all I can offer is that it isn't personal.  Your photos are interesting to me but raise some questions too.  The dog photo can be explained in many ways, same with the playground but the images of 'people' are more difficult to simply write off as camera artifacts or pareidolia. The one captured in the kitchen raised a question for me about what the person (you?) in the doorway was doing for the 6 seconds needed to capture the shots? There is slight movement from the person but they were essentially stood stock still doing nothing for that time which I found odd.  I also noticed the temperature went up by 3 degrees between shots - not something I've heard ghosts doing before.  Could you also please take a close up picture of the tree with the face? Being far away can make things look like things they are not.

Keep capturing images, maybe even some video? I, for one, appreciate you taking the time to post and respond even if I don't necessarily agree with the current conclusion based solely on the evidence provided.   

• Like 1