Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There's 2 of them...

Tracey2005

On 2/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, XenoFish said:

You know what? I don't even care anymore. Good luck.

Your still here?

5 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Not always Xeno ..

Yes very Possible, that its a feel good, and feel better fix ..

But it is Not Always .. 

I have used Many things, Smudging, Flowers, Incense, etc.. These powered me up, internally, mentally, physically, but it was just the First step in my process .. The next for me, is the Actual, Dismissing of the Energy.. And this can Change from time to time .. You must deal with Energy Accordingly . 

I tell ya .., its Not always Easy, its a challenge.. Some dont want to go..

Mo..xx

Everything you've mentioned is psychological. A placebo effect for a mood lifter. Just a change in perspective. Nothing more. 

Just now, Tracey2005 said:

Your still here?

Oh, I don't care about your problem any more. 

I'm chatting with other members. You can believe whatever your heart desires. Doesn't matter to me one bit. 

• Like 1

So a double blind study on the effects of sage doesn' count????? You seem to (think you) know allllll about everything in the science world so please tell me how this would be a cognitive effect if there' a double blind study and those who were exposed to the plant smoke used for medicinal purposes in different cultures had more positive effects.

I never said it had to do with ghosts ekther. I said if she feels there is something negative in her home, sniffing her home could help with it. Idk how she feels or what she' experiencing so I can't say for sure what' going on. My boyfriend' sister chased him with a god damn knife. I jumped in front of him as her bf held her back (she's a psychotic person). We fought a lot after that (bf and i, sister moved). Talked to some people and decided to smudge our house. The sage was burning really well. Get to the stairway, start goin down. Get to where she tried attacking him....sage starts going out. Super hard to keep it lit....walk past the area (back up the steps and into the kitchen at the bottom) totally fine. The moment we would hit the area it happened it would start to go out....we kept it going and stayed in the area for a while using more smoke to "cleanse" that area. In a few mins, it was bacj to burning how it was elsewhere, same spot, same air flow, same everything

Also, again, it removes energies that affect human beings in negative ways such as positive ions caused from pollution, technology, bacteria etc. Ions are made up of energy. Since y'all r professional scientists you must know this!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

If ignorance is bliss there is a whole lot of happy ppl on this forum and so many other places online....

Yeah, nice chatting with you. 

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Everything you've mentioned is psychological. A placebo effect for a mood lifter. Just a change in perspective. Nothing more. 

Oh .. Ok ..

Xen..

I know what I Know is true .. There's always More ..to know and learn .. And its not always Scientifically Explained.

Shift in Perception, Consciousness.. Perspective ..of course, of the Other Reality, that Exists,  the Spirit, Energy, Realm ...

Mo..xx

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

I never said it had to do with ghosts ekther. I said if she feels there is something negative in her home, snuffing her home could help with it. Idk how she feels or what she' experiencing so I can't say for sure what' going on.

My boyfriend' sister chased him with a god damn knife. I jumped in front of him as her bf held her back (she's a psychotic person). We fought a lot after that (bf and i, sister moved). Talked to some people and decided to smudge our house. The sage was burning really well. Get to the stairway, start goin down. Get to where she tried attacking him....sage starts going out. Super hard to keep it lit....walk past the area (back up the steps and into the kitchen at the bottom) totally fine. The moment we would hit the area it happened it would start to go out....we kept it going and stayed in the area for a while using more smoke to "cleanse" that area. In a few mins, it was bacj to burning how it was elsewhere, same spot, same air flow, same everything.

Yup, snuffing the home can and does help ..:tu:..

And,

Thankyou for sharing your story..

It helped aye... I know what you speak of, it can be a challenge, because the Energy is Dense.. Thats why it may take many goes , to free it up,...Evaporate it ..in a Sense .. The Negative Energy, of this energetic entity, wreaking havoc, on the Physical Energy (humans) in the Home, and Influencing behaviors..

And, No more Issues after that.?

Mo..xx

• Like 1

Hi Tracey. Welcome to UM :)

In things of this sort, it helps to know what YOUR goals are in sharing it at a shark pool like this one. What do you hope to accomplish here?

If you simply want to explore what seems to be happening at your home, we can probably suggest things you can try or look into to. A lot of the talents that used to be here have moved on, but there are still a few.

If you wish proof and to be believed, the problem with the whole paranormal issue is that it is very hard to get any evidence, by its very nature, and when you do, you will still remain with a greek chorus of disbelief trying to foretell your doom if you don't instantly agree you are mad as a loon to have seen any of what you reported. There will always be a small percentage of folks in some issues that no amount or type of proof will persuade them. Given a phenomenon science cannot even agree is real, there is NO standard for what would be proof set anyway. Almost worse are those who eagerly believe anything.

On the other hand, if YOU wish to be actually able to accomplish anything or learn anything real about it, you have to, for your own sake, be willing to set aside fondly held "proofs" into a sort of "Maybe not" file and focus on what seems useful to get anywhere. I have observed far more folks get into paranormal "research" and end up out somewhere with a host of ideas and not really worth talking about anything with. You can't, anymore than with an extreme sceptic. They both have their facts and that is all. To be good at it and learn anything, you have got to be able to say OK and set the doubtful stuff into the B File and stay on the A file stuff. 

Some people have been at this for decades. The best of those shake it out hard and end with nothing not in the B File, and they work for the day when something IS left. When you have a few somethings left, that is the prize. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

So a double blind study on the effects of sage doesn' count????? You seem to (think you) know allllll about everything in the science world so please tell me how this would be a cognitive effect if there' a double blind study and those who were exposed to the plant smoke used for medicinal purposes in different cultures had more positive effects.

I'm still waiting for a link to this study. I've been training as a "medicine man" for 40 years and I never saw it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ittakesmagic139 said:

Here are a few scholarly articles to reference 

References

1. Tildesley NT, Kennedy DO, Perry EK, et al. Salvia lavandulaefolia (Spanish sage) enhances memory in healthy young volunteers. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003;75:669-674.
  2. Perry NS, Bollen C, Perry EK, Ballard C. Salvia for dementia therapy: review of pharmacological activity and pilot tolerability clinical trial. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2003;75:651-659.
  3. Tildesley NT, Kennedy DO, Perry EK, Ballard CG, Wesnes KA, Scholey AB. Positive modulation of mood and cognitive performance following administration of acute doses of Salvia lavandulaefoliaessential oil to healthy young volunteers. Physiol Behav. 2005;83:699-709.
  4. Perry NS, Houghton PJ, Jenner P, Keith A, Perry EK. Salvia lavandulaefolia essential oil inhibits cholinesterase in vivo. Phytomedicine. 2002;9:48-51.
  5. Zupko I, Hohmann J, Redei D, Falkay G, Janicsak G, Mathe I. Antioxidant activity of leaves of Salvia species in enzyme-dependent and enzyme-independent systems of lipid peroxidation and their phenolic constituents. Planta Med. 2001;67:366-368.
  6. Bingol L, Sener B. A review of terrestrial plants and marine organisms having anti-inflammatory activity. Int J Pharmacogn. 1995;33:81-97.
  7. Perry NS, Houghton PJ, Sampson J, et al. In-vitro activity of S. lavandulaefolia (Spanish sage) relevant to treatment of Alzheimer's disease.J Pharm Pharmacol. 2001;53:1347-1356.

As well as this one https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874107004357

And my apologies I did male a mistake as far as positive vs negative ions. Buildup of positive ions has effects on humans and animals. The sage smoke attaches to these ions (which are also found in bacteria and viruses which is why it's so great to rid your home of those pathogens) and turns them into negative ions

This is about the oil. Not the smoke and there is nothing in the other link about ions........

Edited by Piney
  • Like 1

On 17/02/2018 at 6:03 AM, MauriOra said:

Hey xen..

Yep, this is a Possibility also ..

But Not Always The Case ..

Mo..xx

Instead of handwaving about 'magical things', MO, how's about posting your best example of a well-documented 'orb' that ISN'T a lens flare.  Lens flares (and in this case, motion blurring and out of focus) ARE common.  That's a simple and easily provable fact, and there's nothing in those pictures that isn't in those categories.

Now surely, if as you say it's 'not always the case' that they are explainable, then it's up to you to show your best example of one that is 'paranormal'.  And if the best you can find is of similar quality to this thread, then....  I rest my case.

'Believe all you want', but don't take the innocent and gullible with you on that journey, it may go downhill fast.

Added .. btw I note the op decided to only answer one tiny part of my post, has not taken on any suggestions to do some simple tests of that camera, but has spent much time zooming and magnifying, looking for (cherry picking) further anomalies to pareidolise....

That tells me how much further time I should spend on this.  Bye.

Edited by ChrLzs
added a bit
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Believe all you want', but don't take the innocent and gullible with you on that journey, it may go downhill fast.

Heya ChrLzs..:st..

Its not a Belief, I Know .. I've seen them many times ..

And,

What Innocent and Gullible people are you talking about ..?

Do you feel , people can't decide for themselves..

And, What Hill..? Going down from What ..?

Mo..xx

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Added .. btw I note the op decided to only answer one tiny part of my post, has not taken on any suggestions to do some simple tests of that camera, but has spent much time zooming and magnifying, looking for (cherry picking) further anomalies to pareidolise....

Hi again ..

So what, if they dont take on Your Suggestions ..?

Mo..xx

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

Heya ChrLzs..:st..

Its not a Belief, I Know .. I've seen them many times ..

So, not caught on camera...?  Then you can hardly get meaningfully excited by seeing lens flares on a camera image... 

What Innocent and Gullible people are you talking about ..?

I am reminded here of Nancy Lieder.  She was a crazy woman (no, I'm not saying the OP is crazy..) who believed that a huge planet was comin' right at us, NASA was hiding it, and we'd all die in 1999.  Then she changed the date a few times....  She *still* has supporters, but back in the early 2000's, I read some very disturbing emails from gullible people she had suckered, and then they in turn scared the wits out of their kids saying stuff like "I told our two children that we might be going to die, and after they cried for a while we started making preparations - they were so brave.."  These were genuine emails, not trollposts.....

I can't help wondering how those families coped in the non-aftermath - if I was one of those kids, now grown up, I'd never forgive my parents for doing something like that.  Like I said, sometimes this stuff can be a slippery slope, and may not be as harmless as is often claimed.  While this is nowhere near as bad, I know that as a kid I was quite scared of the night and the idea of ghosts/monsters/spirits..

So what, if they dont take on Your Suggestions ..?

It's not just my suggestions... and that tells me that the person wants re-inforcement much more than solutions or explanations.  Me, I want to focus (pun intended) on the real mysteries..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Instead of handwaving about 'magical things', MO, how's about posting your best example of a well-documented 'orb' that ISN'T a lens flare.  Lens flares (and in this case, motion blurring and out of focus) ARE common.  That's a simple and easily provable fact, and there's nothing in those pictures that isn't in those categories.

Now surely, if as you say it's 'not always the case' that they are explainable, then it's up to you to show your best example of one that is 'paranormal'.  And if the best you can find is of similar quality to this thread, then....  I rest my case.

You know,

Just because things dont add up in your mind, under your scrutiny, doesn't mean it isn't true ..

You do like your evidence, I know that.. But it aint everything ..

I dont have photos of orbs, I just know they are true and real..

Granted, some people are dodgy, and take advantage of others, but Not I .. Can I prove it to you .. Um ... No ... But I dont really have to ..

And thats the truth .. 

People are not as Gullible and Innocent as you try to make them out to be ....

They can believe or dismiss, and thats fine ..

Either Way ...

Mo.xx

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MauriOra said:

People are not as Gullible and Innocent as you try to make them out to be ....

Read my post again.  You honestly don't think kids are affected by this sort of thing?  Wow.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ChrLzs said:

So, not caught on camera...?  Then you can hardly get meaningfully excited by seeing lens flares on a camera image... 

I am reminded here of Nancy Lieder.  She was a crazy woman (no, I'm not saying the OP is crazy..) who believed that a huge planet was comin' right at us, NASA was hiding it, and we'd all die in 1999.  Then she changed the date a few times....  She *still* has supporters, but back in the early 2000's, I read some very disturbing emails from gullible people she had suckered, and then they in turn scared the wits of their kids saying stuff like "I told our two children that we might be going to die, and after they cried for a while we started making preparations - they were so brave.."  These were genuine emails, not trollposts.....

I can't help wondering how those families coped in the non-aftermath - if I was one of those kids, now grown up, I'd never forgive my parents for doing something like that.  Like I said, sometimes this stuff can be a slippery slope, and may not be as harmless as is often claimed.  While this is nowhere near as bad, I know that as a kid I was quite scared of the night and the idea of ghosts/monsters/spirits..

It's not just my suggestions... and that tells me that the person wants re-inforcement much more than solutions or explanations.  Me, I want to focus (pun intended) on the real mysteries..

I went over that picture many times, because I wasnt sure..

But there was certain things that just stood out to me.. An intuition ..

Yes I know of people who get duped, and it is not right, not at all , that actually makes me Angry ..

Yes, slippery slope.. Definitely.. I understand where your coming from .

Yes, I see your point.. The OP may have been after Solid Proof also ..I get it ..

I kinda get where your coming from.. This is another side, I never really pondered, maybe because, it wasnt the right questions..

I still feel that they were giant orbs ..

Mo..xx

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Read my post again.  You honestly don't think kids are affected by this sort of thing?  Wow.

Ok ..

Yes, I read it again.. That is terrible, and I feel for them ..

Fear Mongering.. That is not what I do ..

So you were scared of ghosts etc as a young kid .. Who wasnt huh ..

I would talk to spirit, when I was 2, onwards to about 7.. Then it left me ..

It wasnt scary, to me .. Though I know it can be ...

Our minds, right..? our emotions, are at play and it can wreak havoc on the Body ..

I just wanna say to you , I Am Me .. I can't be held accountable for the acts of others ...

Mo..xx

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

'Believe all you want', but don't take the innocent and gullible with you on that journey, it may go downhill fast.

I have to double like this statement. It's one of the reason I hate doomsday prophets and religious sects that predict a "end times". 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

I'm adding this to my signature just so you know.:tu:

• Like 2