Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
UM-Bot

Were Amelia Earhart's bones found in 1940 ?

Skulduggery

I've always thought he Nikumaroro theory is better than the captured-by-Japanese-soldiers/spy theory. Don't know if it's true, but it does tie in with a handful of odd radio signals people had swore they heard. I've heard the mystery radio signals debated for ages, but I do think there's a possibility there was something to that, but it's difficult to determine. One of them, if I'm remembering correctly, mentioned being in the plane as it sunk into the water next to an island. I might not be remembering correctly, so go do your own research on that one and come back and correct me where I may be wrong. In any case, THEY DEAD.

Mudflap

There is a group that has been going to Nikumaroro island for quite a number of years and have found a'lot of evidence but nothing definite as of yet.                    They believe she landed on the beach with the plane intact and was able to start one engine to make the radio calls that people claim to have heard. After day six it is believed that the plane was washed off the beach and sunk in deep water.

• Like 2

seanjo
19 hours ago, Mudflap said:

There is a group that has been going to Nikumaroro island for quite a number of years and have found a'lot of evidence but nothing definite as of yet.                    They believe she landed on the beach with the plane intact and was able to start one engine to make the radio calls that people claim to have heard. After day six it is believed that the plane was washed off the beach and sunk in deep water.

Better and more plausible theory than the rest of the b******s...whatever the end result, they got lost ran out of fuel and ditched...end of...

Mudflap

I've followed the mystery of Amelia Earhart since I was a kid,it always intrigued me as to how this could of happened. And as I read more about it and found all the conflicting theories as to what happened this seems to be the most probable to me.

Jon the frog

People have settled on the island well before and just after Earhart crash and a big shipwreck happened there in 1929 with deaths... If evidence are found, they could be mixed up with anything left there. 

Just way to grab money for futile search and pass a good time on beaches.

Edited by Jon the frog

Mudflap

There have been lot's of theories as to what happened. From what I have seen on videos of there expeditions it's not a place to go and pass time on the beach. And far as grabbing money it's all run on donations...

Edited by Mudflap