Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God from the Investigation of Existence

oslove

Dear colleagues here, my purpose is to get your reactions on my idea that man, that is you and me, does come to the existence of God from examining what is existence.

So, first we must work as to concur on the concept of existence and the concept of God.

Here is my concept of what is existence:

Existence is what we experience with our senses in particular our consciousness, for example we experience the nose in our face, babies, roses, the sun in the sky at daytime and the moon in the sky at night, they all are instances of existence: and it is by our senses and in particular our consciousness that we come to know what is existence.

Here is my concept of God:

God in concept is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

There, what do you, dear colleagues here, think of my thinking in this first post of the thread?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Meh. That's what I think. Gods just a nice word to fill in the blanks.

Dear Xeno, I like to read from you what two or more blanks the word God is supposed to fill in for you.

That should get you started as to think on what is your concept of existence and what is your concept of God.

Dear colleagues here, my purpose is to get your reactions on my idea that man, that is you and me, does come to the existence of God from examining what is existence.

So, first we must work as to concur on the concept of existence and the concept of God.

Existence is what we experience with our senses in particular our consciousness, for example we experience the nose in our face, babies, roses, the sun in the sky at daytime and the moon in the sky at night, they all are instances of existence: and it is by our senses and in particular our consciousness that we come to know what is existence.

God in concept is first and foremost the creator cause of everything with a beginning.

There, what do you, dear colleagues here, think of my thinking in this first post of the thread?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oslove said:

You forgot to put

* in my opinion *

at the beginning of that.

We all exist, we all have experiences,  but experiences in life differ from person to person.

Everything i experience is down to my lifestyle, who i meet, what i wish to see and where i want to visit.

My existence is down to being born - mother, father....their existence is down to their - mother, father....their, well lets just say i am confident my ancestors were once apes and cavemen etc etc etc.

• Like 4

On 2/11/2018 at 2:56 AM, XenoFish said:

I have no concept of god and existence is meaningless. 

I see then that you are missing a lot of human discourse which you should not be missing, in particular what humans do talk about, in regard to existence.

Suppose you try your best to find out what you do know about existence, as you do have existence, otherwise you would not be here at all.

Start with the thought and experience of touching your nose, that is an example of something with existence on your face; then think about the experience of touching your nose.

If you have no nose at all, then you are experiencing the absence of existence of the nose on your face, which everyone with a normal anatomy of the human face experiences to be endowed, the face that is, with a nose.

Anyway, I guess this thread should be no man's land to you, as you don't have any meaning of what is existence - so you could not at all share with folks here any finding with and from your any investigation of existence at all.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, oslove said:

Start with the thought and experience of touching your nose, that is an example of something with existence on your face; then think about the experience of touching your nose.

Wow....this is the sort of thing i would have expected my caveman ancestors to have done. Not today...we have moved on from those times. 

Biology is a given today, we all know we are existing,  living our lives within our society which will benefit our health, emotions and lifestyle is what we strive to do. 

We should not be questioning our existance, we should be questioning how to live it better to benefit ourselves and our planet.

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, oslove said:

I see then that you are missing a lot of human discourse which you should not be missing, in particular what humans do talk about, in regard to existence.

Suppose you try your best to find out what you do know about existence, as you do have existence, otherwise you would not be here at all.

If you have no nose at all, then you are experiencing the absence of existence of the nose on your face, which everyone with a normal anatomy of the human face experiences to be endowed, the face that is, with a nose.

Anyway, I guess this thread should be no man's land to you, as you don't have any meaning of what is existence - so you could not at all share with folks here any finding with and from your any investigation of existence at all.

We live and then we die. Our existence is without purpose or meaning, and people strive their whole lives for such things, the illusion of a higher purpose, a meaning. And to some this quest is suffering in and of itself. To live, that is the only thing we know. There doesn't have to be some grand plan to it all. 

49c19794406ac86019c33dfdc6df4581.jpg

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 6

25 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

We should not be questioning our existence, we should be questioning how to live it better to benefit ourselves and our planet.

This.:tu:

• Like 7

Using your own logic, OP, I'm going to start another thread:

The Creator of God who created Existence

.. then we'll need another:

The Creator of The Creator of God who created Existence

after which we'll do:

The Creator of The Creator of The Creator of God who created Existence

See if you can guess what comes next.. and also what I think of this line of reasoning..

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

after which we'll do:

See if you can guess what comes next.. and also what I think of this line of reasoning..

Please don't. :lol:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Wow....this is the sort of thing i would have expected my caveman ancestors to have done. Not today...we have moved on from those times. 

Biology is a given today, we all know we are existing,  living our lives within our society which will benefit our health, emotions and lifestyle is what we strive to do. 

We should not be questioning our existance, we should be questioning how to live it better to benefit ourselves and our planet.

You forgot to put •in my opinion•

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

after which we'll do:

Well that’s really the point isn’t it? In order for anything to exist, something had to have always existed. That’s where the idea of a God comes in. Like X said, to fill in the blanks. 

• Like 1

On 11/02/2018 at 2:39 AM, oslove said:

I'm thinking English is possibly not your first language which is fine but I think probably important to establish 

And that you already have a predisposition which as it has been proposed, just results in invoking the same 'does god exist' debate of a thousand threads that have gone before it. 

I'll just get in early with a no vote. Good luck with it. 

8127796._SX540_.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You forgot to put •in my opinion•

So you have another opinion on what i put?  So you tell me what your opinion is about this:

"we should be questioning how to live it better to benefit ourselves and our planet."

And this

Biology is a given today, we all know we are existing,  living our lives within our society which will benefit our health, emotions and lifestyle is what we strive to do. "

You are damn right they are my opinions....and you are implying they are not yours? 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

That’s where the idea of a God comes in. 

In your opinion? :P

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

So you have another opinion on what i put?  So you tell me what your opinion is about this:

"we should be questioning how to live it better to benefit ourselves and our planet."

And this

Biology is a given today, we all know we are existing,  living our lives within our society which will benefit our health, emotions and lifestyle is what we strive to do. "

You are damn right they are my opinions....and you are implying they are not yours? 

No, I was just being a smart ass. :P;)

• Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:39 PM, oslove said:

You are so close but so far.

God is a state of non-duality and as such cannot experience itself. Not without becoming duality first which creates you. The catch is the you doesnt know its God.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Secret phrase for something that doesn't exist.

Yeah but the phrase has purpose and meaning, not to mention significance. 

But not like you think.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Will Due said:

Yeah but the phrase has purpose and meaning, not to mention significance. 

But not like you think.

Yeah, it's nonsense. That's what it is. Just some made up stuff to make people feel spiritually smart.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Secret phrase for something that doesn't exist.

Non-duality cannot experience itself.

Non-duality is when everything is united into oneness.

• Like 1

Just now, RabidMongoose said:

Non-duality cannot experience itself.

Non-duality is when everything is united into oneness.

Then no one nor anything can experience whatever concept of god you hold to be 'true'. So it's 100% pointless discussing it. 

That's the whole problem with you religious/spiritual types. You want to sell something that doesn't exist. So you repackage old ideas with whatever science woo you think will sell it. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Well that’s really the point isn’t it? In order for anything to exist, something had to have always existed. That’s where the idea of a God comes in. Like X said, to fill in the blanks. 

Well, ...... no.

The point is that if you need a creator for us, then you MUST apply the same 'rule' that the Creator you just invented ALSO needs to have a creator.  And so on.  It's a stupid, recursive argument.  Either the Universe has been here all the time (and by Universe I mean absolutely everything including any made-up or real God), or at some point, it sprang from nothing.  Neither of those requires a creator.  Introducing a need for a creator COMPLICATES the debate and is meaningless, as you just shift the perceived (and clearly 100% incorrect) 'need' for a Creator one step backward.

If that doesn't make sense to anyone, I'd suggest that you just keep believing, as no argument in that respect has any logic or merit whatsoever.  Don't try to take others on your journey to the Land of Silly.

• Like 3

• The topic was locked