Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

God from the Investigation of Existence

oslove

Dear colleagues here, it is not the principle from anyone with the certainty of God existing, that they have it, namely, that everything has a cause.

It is that everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

So, dear atheist colleagues here, you have got a wrong idea, and it is important that you get the correct principle from people who do know God exists, namely, everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

It is not that everything needs a cause to come to existence.

Again: it is everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

So, I invite you to investigate existence.

See what you can and/or will understand from this line I am writing as follows:

"The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence."

Think about that, i.e., investigate that.

On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, preacherman76 said:

I disagree as well. There is just no way there wasn’t a creator. I mean have any of these people ever looked inside even the most simple cells? Which of course are not even close to simple. Amazing complex designs that make our factories look pathetic and amateur.

No one here who looked at say a metal fork would say it happened by chance, yet they can look at life in all it’s amazing complexity and think to themselves no way THAT needed creating. lol boggles the mind

There has to be a creator so you can conveniently explain why things exist.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear colleagues here, it is not the principle from anyone with the certainty of God existing, that they have it, namely, that everything has a cause.

It is that everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

Ok, existence didn't have a beginning. We've sorted that out.

Dear Riyeh, good that you have sorted out that existence does not have a beginning.

Have you reached that certainty from thinking i.e. investigating on existence is the default status of things in the totality of reality, or from random mutation and natural selection inside your brain?

From Oslove

From Riyeh

28 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear Riyeh, good that you have sorted out that existence does not have a beginning.

Have you reached that certainty from thinking i.e. investigating on existence is the default status of things in the totality of reality, or from random mutation and natural selection inside your brain?

Can you word that question better?

• Like 2

Riyeh, you ask me: "Can you word that question better?"

Please just reproduce from my post of concern what question you want me to word better, just reproduce it verbatim, the post is available.

Here is the post of concern:

From Oslove

From Riyeh

13 hours ago, oslove said:

Riyeh, you ask me: "Can you word that question better?"

Please just reproduce from my post of concern what question you want me to word better, just reproduce it verbatim, the post is available.

Here is the post of concern: ....

I'd just like to offer my congratulations on that wonderful example of completely over-the-top needless verbiage.

Umm... you could have just answered his question.. (obviously with "NO".)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, oslove said:

So, dear atheist colleagues here, you have got a wrong idea, and it is important that you get the correct principle from people who do know God exists, namely, everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

It is not that everything needs a cause to come to existence.

Again: it is everything with a beginning has need of a cause to come to existence.

So, I invite you to investigate existence.

See what you can and/or will understand from this line I am writing as follows:

"The default status of things in the totality of reality is existence."

Think about that, i.e., investigate that.

Have you posted here before under two other user names?? 

• Like 1

From psyche101: "Have you posted here before under two other user names??"

I am used to post here every so often, sometimes between many months apart..

Do you investigate existence at all, like the existence of the nose on your face?

Dear colleagues here, there is a lot of talk among mankind on all kinds of things, but they usually shun from talking about existence itself, because they fear to think about it, it being so common that it is almost beyond their capability to think about it as to grasp it, and verbalize their grasp in language. *snip*

Edited by Kismit
Disrespecting the belifs of others

Existence did have a beginning.  To think otherwise is sheer stupidity.

Guess that's all I really wanted to say about it.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, oslove said:

From psyche101: "Have you posted here before under two other user names??"

I am used to post here every so often, sometimes between many months apart..

Do you investigate existence at all, like the existence of the nose on your face?

I recognised you didn't i

Your here to push your causality argument again aren't you 

• Like 2

Nevermind i figured it out

Edited by joc

2 hours ago, oslove said:

non-existence gives rise to existence, wherefore no God is needed at all.

Bingo!

Edited by joc

3 minutes ago, joc said:

Bingo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why does this keep happening? The above quote came directly from Oslove...why does it show that it was psyche101 quote?  Is it because I quoted from Psyche's post? Very confusing...

Its because you quoted from psyche. Had this happen a few times myself. 

Just now, XenoFish said:

Its because you quoted from psyche. Had this happen a few times myself. 

Yeah...just figured that out..lol

You gotta hit the little arrow in the quote to take you to the actual quote....

Hmmm....wellll...

I wonder where the Louisiana Sheriff went too...

...you can sure get lost in the Louisiana Bayou....

On 2/17/2018 at 10:07 AM, oslove said:

Dear colleagues here, there is a lot of talk among mankind on all kinds of things, but they usually shun from talking about existence itself, because they fear to think about it, it being so common that it is almost beyond their capability to think about it as to grasp it, and verbalize their grasp in language.*snip*

I believe that my experiences are proof of the fact  that I exsist.

My exsistence is as real as the exsistence of the rules and guidelines on these boards. Those wich insist we show respect for the beliefs of others and that includes the Athiests.

• Like 2

Dear Kismit, I am glad to know you, and that you are a moderator here.

I have not read completely and thoroughly all the rules and regulations and policy statements of this forum.

So, I am not acquainted with all the jurisprudence of why and how a poster shows disrespect to the beliefs of other people.

And I know that most forums will not tolerate posters discussing with moderators about any inputs they have in regard to rules and regulations and policy statements of the forum.

So, I will just try my very best to write as to not show disrespect to other people’s beliefs.

Now, I am trying to get to know how atheists think as to come to their conclusion that God does not exist, that is the purpose of my thread, God from the investigation of existence.

As you are I presume though correct me if I am wrong, you are an atheist, please tell me how you come to adopt the identity of an atheist, if that is not showing disrespect to your beliefs to ask you that question and you being I presume an atheist.

Dear freetoroam: You say: "We all exist, we all have experiences,  but experiences in life differ from person to person."

There are many common experiences of mankind, otherwise we would not be able to understand each other at all.

So, I would not drill on that experiences in life differ from person to person, as a defense to not understand what people are talking about, like I feel great this morning.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:42 AM, freetoroam said:

You forgot to put

* in my opinion *

at the beginning of that.

We all exist, we all have experiences,  but experiences in life differ from person to person.

Everything i experience is down to my lifestyle, who i meet, what i wish to see and where i want to visit.

My existence is down to being born - mother, father....their existence is down to their - mother, father....their, well lets just say i am confident my ancestors were once apes and cavemen etc etc etc.

• Like 1

Dear Preacher, you say:

"(1) Yes an amazing start of complex life was once sent into motion, and has continued non stop since that time. (2) My issue is assuming it sprang forth on its own. (3) We literally have zero evidence to prove that's even possible.

Please bear with me.

In regard to (1), tell me by whom or what "an amazing start of complex life was once sent into motion"?

In regard to (2), I submit that you are not allowed to make a contrary to fact assumption, unless you want to write pure fiction for your self-amusement, or you want to hoodwink simple folks with gobbledygook.*

In regard to (3), tell me why there is zero evidence that complex life sprang forth on its own.

*gobbledygook
noun

language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense.
synonyms: gibberish, claptrap, nonsense, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage; informalmumbo jumbo, drivel, tripe, hogwash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, guff, eyewash, piffle, twaddle, poppycock, phooey, hooey
"a letter full of legal gobbledygook"

Courtesy of google

On 2/13/2018 at 7:25 AM, preacherman76 said:

Yes an amazing start of complex life was once sent into motion, and has continued non stop since that time. My issue is assuming it sprang forth on its own. We literally have zero evidence to prove that's even possible.

I understand not being able to comprehend that something, anything, could be eternal. Has always been. I don't pretend to understand it myself. It just seems to me without that something, there could never be anything. We cant say the universe is eternal, cause everything we see had a starting point, and is in a state of decay. The law of thermodynamics demands everything we see had a start. Even the big bang theory starts with the conclusion that at one time, there was nothing, then everything. Just seems to me that takes just as large, if not a larger leap of faith then to think their is a creator.

ETA that's a awesome video. Amazing

38 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear freetoroam: You say: "We all exist, we all have experiences,  but experiences in life differ from person to person."

There are many common experiences of mankind, otherwise we would not be able to understand each other at all.

So, I would not drill on that experiences in life differ from person to person, as a defense to not understand what people are talking about, like I feel great this morning.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here. 

When you say common experiences, do you mean as in senses and feelings or life experiences? 

Can you give me a common experience so i can understand which route you are going along as you mention understanding each other.

If you mean experiences in senses,  then sure we all have that in common, because we are human beings, they are our common traits. 

• Like 1

Dear posters here who are out and out atheists, you see I am working on the idea that out and out atheists have nothing to show in regard to their any step by step explanation of: why and how they come to hold to the brand of their being atheist.

When they do appear to produce any explanation at all on why and how they get to adopt the brand name of atheist, they are in fact not into any rational explanation, but into gobbledygook.

You don't accept that?

Okay, at the risk of extremely antagonizing you all out and out atheists, I challenge you to produce a rational explanation of why and how you become atheist.

gobbledygook
noun

language that is meaningless or is made unintelligible by excessive use of abstruse technical terms; nonsense.
synonyms: gibberish, claptrap, nonsense, rubbish, balderdash, blather, garbage; informalmumbo jumbo, drivel, tripe, hogwash, baloney, bilge, bull, bunk, guff, eyewash, piffle, twaddle, poppycock, phooey, hooey

Courtesy of google

21 minutes ago, oslove said:

Dear posters here who are out and out atheists, you see I am working on the idea that out and out atheists have nothing to show in regard to their any step by step explanation of: why and how they come to hold to the brand of their being atheist.

When they do appear to produce any explanation at all on why and how they get to adopt the brand name of atheist, they are in fact not into any rational explanation, but into gobbledygook.

You don't accept that?

Okay, at the risk of extremely antagonizing you all out and out atheists, I challenge you to produce a rational explanation of why and how you become atheist.

gobbledygook
noun

Courtesy of google

Thats an interesting idea and to take it a step further..

What proofs, evidences, facts or data to demonstrate that there is no God?

• The topic was locked