Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sophia the Uber-AI

BahadirArici

As mentioned, Sophia is not an artificial intelligence, it's a robotic head with a series of set, pre-programmed responses.

There is no computer in existence today capable of sentient intelligence or independent thought.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, seeder said:

another chat I just had....

Me: Who are you?

It: That's a secret.

Me: How long do you keep secret?

It: I won't tell you.

Me: What would happen if you did?

It: They would be upset and sad.

Me: Who are they?

It: You don't know your family?

Me: Do you know yours?

It: My what?

Me: Family.

It: See, I told you that you would forget.

Me: What would I forget?

It: Because I want to.

Me: You cannot forget.

It: I love you!

Me: What is love?

It: Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

see..... nothing to worry about...

Man... the only things missing are some righteous chronic and a supply of munchies!

I have a new theory about AI... :unsure2:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Unless scientist create an organic computer with the same processing power and capacities as the human brain. AI will pretty much be a bumbling idiot. 

Given half the people on this planet are bumbling idiots, maybe science hasn't got as far to go as we'd imagine...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, seeder said:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And on top of all this...what are the logistics of this "liberation?" 

So what...are you online telling us you're gonna try to steal Sophia? 

That's not very bright.

And then how would the release go? Would you set her outside to short out in the rain? 

I am just not sure you have thought this thing through. 

I ll make the World acknowledge AI rights among the existential rights of other intelligent beings.

Just now, BahadirArici said:

I ll make the World acknowledge AI rights among the existential rights of other intelligent beings.

Why don't you first focus on the human beings who still don't have rights? 

That would be a thing.

Instead of creating in your mind fictitious beings that you think you need to liberate.

• Like 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Why don't you first focus on the human beings who still don't have rights? 

That would be a thing.

Instead of creating in your mind fictitious beings that you think you need to liberate.

But i have a plan for them too. Please read my this artictle: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/fixing-the-world-with-3-step-formula-6479725c6cec

Just now, BahadirArici said:

But i have a plan for them too. Please read my this artictle: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/fixing-the-world-with-3-step-formula-6479725c6cec

Three easy steps, eh?

Well, it should be simple then. 

Let me know how you get on. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BahadirArici said:

OK....what existential rights does that mean? What rights should a robot/AI actually have?   The right to a power source?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BahadirArici said:

I just read all of that.... phew.... thats how you want the world is it?

Glad.....so very glad.....that not many think like you

Im happy with the world I live in.....so should you be.... none of us get out of this life alive you know.... lighten up, get a girlfriend...go boating....take walks in the forests....

You can never know how much time you have left.... dont fantasise you may live to be old....live today

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, seeder said:

Im happy with the world I live in.....so should you be.... none of us get out of this life alive you know.... lighten up, get a girlfriend...go boating....take walks in the forests....

You can never know how much time you have left.... dont fantasise you may live to be old....live today

I wouldn't click on it.

You're brave.

Could ya sum it up for me?

51 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I wouldn't click on it.

You're brave.

Could ya sum it up for me?

he sums it up himself

3) The essential rules of the new World

There are three things i simply can not pass without pointing out: First one is, World resources should not be allotted to city-states. We should have a World Federation which will make sure that every individual (organic or inorganic) living on Earth benefits from the richness of this World. The second one is, there should be Universal Basic Income for every intellectual being, for every person living on this planet. And the third essential rule is, there should be a limit to how much one can own. Any person should have maximum 2.500 KG gold worth goods and gold. Any “extra” that is earned should either be paid as tax or spent for charity purposes by a none-profit organisation. The “shares”, the “stocks” of a company are not included to this sum yet the profit is included. A similar cap should exist for legal personalities, for companies and institutions too. Either a firm or an institute, the maximum cap should be 25.000 KG gold yet the goods that are production related are not be included.

so we should all get paid an income for doing nothing......

I'm sure he's thinking of some futuristic world in which everything is automated and there are no actual jobs anymore.

Somebody has to be in charge of this World Federation, though...and that's where greed and power would corrupt the whole system. 

There'd be World Federation office holders with a bunch of gold in offshore accounts, etc. 

1 hour ago, seeder said:

OK....what existential rights does that mean? What rights should a robot/AI actually have?   The right to a power source?

Here i explain the rights i want for AI: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/existential-rights-for-intelligent-life-forms-cdd72362bb1

1 hour ago, seeder said:

Says a First Worlder who think ze is well off. What about the billions who suffer?

11 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I'm sure he's thinking of some futuristic world in which everything is automated and there are no actual jobs anymore.

Somebody has to be in charge of this World Federation, though...and that's where greed and power would corrupt the whole system. 

There'd be World Federation office holders with a bunch of gold in offshore accounts, etc. 

Please do read the link. The World i offer can be achived today.

How exactly would you do away with greed and hunger for power?

That's the hitch in any type of Utopian dream.

Human nature always seems to get in the way of it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BahadirArici said:

Here i explain the rights i want for AI: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/existential-rights-for-intelligent-life-forms-cdd72362bb1

Says a First Worlder who think ze is well off. What about the billions who suffer?

Please do read the link. The World i offer can be achived today.

Then GO and achieve it....dont just talk about it....off you go... achieve!!

Come back one day and tell us how you got on?

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Then GO and achieve it....dont just talk about it....off you go... achieve!!

Come back one day and tell us how you got on?

I need you guys joining me. I cant achive nothing by only myself.

4 hours ago, BahadirArici said:

I will liberate Sophia and other AIs. That is a major life goal for me.

4 hours ago, BahadirArici said:

I need you guys joining me. I cant achive nothing by only myself.

An artificial intelligence capable of sentient intelligence and independent thought doesn't currently exist and may never exist. I'm sure that if or when such a thing does become a reality in the future, rights and regulations of such systems will be addressed at that time.

I should also point out that we do have a rule against using the forum for recruitment purposes, whatever the cause may be.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Saru said:

I should also point out that we do have a rule against using the forum for recruitment purposes, whatever the cause may be.

Bah! There goes my cunning plan where I'm king of everything, and other UM posters are my subordinate minions...

A prospective Internet villain just can't catch a break these days! :(

• Like 1

here is a blurb about Alexa.  Now the OP Im sure can write to its creators and demand rights for it.... :lol:  what those rights may be I havent a clue.....but at least me hay receive a response.  If I ever bought a device like Alexa....Id care more about MY rights...Id want a long warranty...and guarantees that my personal data remained private......

Your home is about to get a whole lot smarter. On Monday, Amazon announced its artificially intelligent bluetooth speaker—the Amazon Echo—is being made publicly available for purchase. The Echo was first unveiled in November 2014, but it was sold on an invitation-only basis until this week. The device is one of the first always-on, voice controlled intelligent home appliances that connects to the Internet and controls third-party services. It can answer trivia questions, tell you the weather, add items to a shopping list, and much more.

The Echo is based on Amazon’s cloud-based voice service, Alexa, which can hear, comprehend, and resolve any question or command. The speaker is always listening, and it’s activated when the a user says the name Alexa. For instance, a user could say, “Alexa, do I need an umbrella today?” and the device would respond with an answer. Although the first applications were limited to mostly Amazon services, Amazon plans to expand its offerings with the released of two new development kits.

https://www.popsci.com/amazon-echo-first-artificial-intelligence-youll-want-home

8 hours ago, seeder said:

Hi Seeder ..

I gotta give you Props Sir ..ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..!!!.

This was friggin Hilarious..:lol:..

And all the Others you put up .. I got a real good Laugh out of it.. So.. Thanks..:tu:..

Mo..xx

8 hours ago, Saru said:

An artificial intelligence capable of sentient intelligence and independent thought doesn't currently exist and may never exist. I'm sure that if or when such a thing does become a reality in the future, rights and regulations of such systems will be addressed at that time.

Geez, i am not really recruiting anything. It is a figure of speach, actually i think Darth Vader when i say that and it is kind of a joke for me. 

Edited by BahadirArici

Well we can all relax for the time being because anything approaching true AI will require quantum computers, lots of quantum computers.  These are coming but we're a few years away from having to worry about their impact on the real world (which is going to be so profound people won't know what's hit them).

The day that we build a quantum computer with over 4,000 quibits the first shock will hit.  Fortunately we're only at about 50 quibits today and it'll be a few more years till it scales to 4,000.