Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just curious...how do you get the articles?

Mister No Name

I've always been curious, the home page has news articles from all over.

How do you track them all?

I always figured UM-Bot was actually a bot. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mind Explorer said:

I've always been curious, the home page has news articles from all over.

How do you track them all?

what do you mean by 'track'?

• Like 1

I was wondering what track meant too... if you mean how is the home page set up, Saru would have to answer that one.

But if you mean how does UM get so much article posting stuff? There is the UM-bot, and column contributors, and most of us mods have a habit of posting a lot of new articles too. A lot of regular members contribute stories and topics as well.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, seeder said:

what do you mean by 'track'?

4 hours ago, rashore said:

I was wondering what track meant too... if you mean how is the home page set up, Saru would have to answer that one.

But if you mean how does UM get so much article posting stuff? There is the UM-bot, and column contributors, and most of us mods have a habit of posting a lot of new articles too. A lot of regular members contribute stories and topics as well.

Yeah, basically I meant where do they get the articles that are posted. I guess I shouldn't have said track. Do people from unexplained-mysteries write some of the articles or are they from sources around the internet?

And as far as the layout, I have never seen it anywhere else. I have been coming to this place for years and I'm just curious how it all got setup.

8 minutes ago, Mind Explorer said:

Yeah, basically I meant where do they get the articles that are posted. I guess I shouldn't have said track. Do people from unexplained-mysteries write some of the articles or are they from sources around the internet?

And as far as the layout, I have never seen it anywhere else. I have been coming to this place for years and I'm just curious how it all got setup.

do this....go click on any topic.  Then read the opening story....that will always have a link to its SOURCE.... and thats where the articles come from...

I read 3 or 4 newspapers online every day....if I see a story that the readers here may enjoy....I post it here. Thats what the mods do too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mind Explorer said:

Well.. as far as the UM-bot goes.. The bot just beep boops as far as I'm concerned. It's one of the wonderful UM's of UM. The columns writers.. I know there are rules for submittal around here somewhere, only I've not paid it much mind since I'm not into submitting columns. You might have to ask them yourself about that.
As far as mod submitted content.. I rather suspect that's within the mods themselves, like me. If you ask any one of us how/where we get our articles from, we will give you a variety of sources. Maybe :devil::innocent:
And as always... members here write in, and that's a good thing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Mind Explorer said:

I look through the news stories submitted each day, pick the most interesting ones and then write them up for the front page.

Each article is sourced to the news site it was originally found on, so visitors can go there to read more.

UM-Bot is an account I use to create comment threads linked to front page news stories and articles.

The columns section contains contributed articles and 'Stories and Experiences' are submitted personal stories.

• Like 4