Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The afterlife

BahadirArici

To have a better understanding, please read this article: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/a-new-belief-system-inviters-d440f3e4ede5

I think there are 3 significant groups in general there. One group is the exclusively or very mostly “Real Lifers”, there are also the exclusively or very mostly “Cyber Lifers” and the Inbetweeners.

“It is after life. There is an ultimate-like energy, a Type 3 technology but you simply can not beat cyber posibilities” a Cyber Lifer would say. Indeed with an ultimate-like computer, you can have the most sophisticated cyber life which is quite like Matrix, directly connected to your brain and endless types of Worlds, abilities and rules.

One can understand a real lifer too. “It is cyber” would all they need to say, probably. You see, real lifers also vary.

To give a simple example, i am almost sure there is a real-time Earth copy in the Universe, both real and cyber. So Real Life is limited compare to Cyber Life but not that limited really.

I am almost sure there are Cyber Worlds in the Cyber Universe where our AI clone roams smiltaniously this very moment, before we even die.

Me? I ll most probably be an Inbetweener. I want to commend digital armies and conquer Worlds. You cannot do that in Real Life, you know. There are quite some stuff that is pretty ugly in Real Universe but mainstream in the Cyber Universe.

So there is no point of discussing how the Cyber Life is. It is only limited with the combined imagination. The ultimate-like computer can probably run the most sophisticated Worlds where you can be a 5 inch caterpillar if you want to be. You can rule Worlds, fight with your blood and sweat, fly not like birds, be one. Anything one can imagine.

Anything one can imagine but in a Cyber Universe you cannot have a real baby. That is why the Real Universe is superior, will always be. You may not be a 5 inch caterpillar but you may be one which is a bit bigger than your brain and essential parts of you. So the options in Real Universe are not exactly slim. Yes, i do think you have babies there. You can have one organically, of course, but better, you can design your baby with your partner, or partners. So there must be schools there too, so teachers too, even principals maybe, who knows, depending on which World you are living in but, snow breaks?

So, principally i dont do this, giving examples, one reason for that is, many people here can make even better examples when i open a world of possibilities so my example would look a step back, and secondly my example would definitely look an example of lack of imagination comparing to the ones in the Universe.

But i ll do an exception. I know myself so i know my AI and i ll guess what he loves playing most right now.

Consider an Ultima like World. Anyone remembers that game? There are different clans and you are ranked in the clan with your Universal List Rank. Not because i think i have a high rank there, i do think i have, but because anyone would like to play with that rule so that they can be in the same team with people they like and can compete with people they also like. You are your Real World avatar by rule, except some necessity cases. There is no or very limited magic. But you are more powerful if you are higher ranked. The World is mediavalish. GoTish with a pinch of LoTR and Dragonlance. We fight for lands. To have the land you have to get the castle. You can be or not be mean to villagers. You can be a fighter or any commoner folk. Tou have a family too, everything really, like real life. There is demi-god levels, so if you are very high on ranking, you are like Achilles.

The b****** is having the best time. Just dont **** our territory up till i come, lol.

There are some rules too btw. Every clan can have a limited of “special kin” like dragons and such. So, picking the kin goes as always, higher ranker picks first. So if no-one who is higher than me picked black dragon, i pick that. So i can turn into a dragon and Helena can ride me to battle. It is a black dragon with mustard color on it some parts.

Magery is considered as a kin so there are limited arch mage and some apprentices, like Jedi s pretty much in that sense.

There is time limit for one to live it to automatic, one should attend personally so this sort of games are demanding. Considering time is absolute, it means you have same 24 hours, if you know what i mean, so you cannot play many of this games simultaneously, unless that games let you go automatic.

So it is important where popular people prefers to play, because most of the people also work, so gaming time is limited. I ll be definitely playing this game, unless one convince me their game is superior. It is a bit about taste tho.

There is a level system and there is a Game Master AI like many mainstream games. So you are not entirely limited with your Rank.

You pay to play with your real life money. You pay it to your clan so your clan pays to many things, from food to soldiers salary, from catapults to the Ents salary who makes trees in the place for you to cut to make wood. Clans or in game players pay small money for lots of things to GM, GM after taking zer salary from that money, takes all the money to the “center”. That is pretty much a small example of how economy works there.

So, if you are a commoner, from a farmer to an inn owner, from a blacksmith to creatures like Ents you can be contributing the society in many ways. You can have your own business or you can work for a clan. Mainstream is being a part of a clan and getting protection by them but there are none-clan communities too out there, till either turning a clan themselves to protect themselves or till their land being conquered.

Having a productive community is important for clans because it means more taxes and a bigger economy. But slaves dont pay taxes. You can have a none-slave clan or you can enslave people. We dont enslave as a clan unless we need that persons work, than we make them work for us, even if you pay that is enslavement.

Edited by BahadirArici

For people who wants more details: it is a real time game and when you die, you loose all your “level”, “possessions on you”, your “limited ability” if you have any and you loose a whole day -i am not sure how long a day is there- so people will have the chance to take your ex-limited-ability. You start from your “base” from beginning, again.

Sorry to tell you but we're all just NPC's in a dead MMO, there'll be nothing for us 'after'.  The developers stopped updating us a while back and with no paying customers left on the server we're nothing more than lines of code running in an outdated VM that the creator forgot to switch off.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, BahadirArici said:

To have a better understanding, please read this article: https://medium.com/@bahadrarc/a-new-belief-system-inviters-d440f3e4ede5

I think there are 3 significant groups in general there. One group is the exclusively or very mostly “Real Lifers”, there are also the exclusively or very mostly “Cyber Lifers” and the Inbetweeners.

“It is after life. There is an ultimate-like energy, a Type 3 technology but you simply can not beat cyber posibilities” a Cyber Lifer would say. Indeed with an ultimate-like computer, you can have the most sophisticated cyber life which is quite like Matrix, directly connected to your brain and endless types of Worlds, abilities and rules.

One can understand a real lifer too. “It is cyber” would all they need to say, probably. You see, real lifers also vary.

To give a simple example, i am almost sure there is a real-time Earth copy in the Universe, both real and cyber. So Real Life is limited compare to Cyber Life but not that limited really.

I am almost sure there are Cyber Worlds in the Cyber Universe where our AI clone roams smiltaniously this very moment, before we even die.

Me? I ll most probably be an Inbetweener. I want to commend digital armies and conquer Worlds. You cannot do that in Real Life, you know. There are quite some stuff that is pretty ugly in Real Universe but mainstream in the Cyber Universe.

So there is no point of discussing how the Cyber Life is. It is only limited with the combined imagination. The ultimate-like computer can probably run the most sophisticated Worlds where you can be a 5 inch caterpillar if you want to be. You can rule Worlds, fight with your blood and sweat, fly not like birds, be one. Anything one can imagine.

Anything one can imagine but in a Cyber Universe you cannot have a real baby. That is why the Real Universe is superior, will always be. You may not be a 5 inch caterpillar but you may be one which is a bit bigger than your brain and essential parts of you. So the options in Real Universe are not exactly slim. Yes, i do think you have babies there. You can have one organically, of course, but better, you can design your baby with your partner, or partners. So there must be schools there too, so teachers too, even principals maybe, who knows, depending on which World you are living in but, snow breaks?

So, principally i dont do this, giving examples, one reason for that is, many people here can make even better examples when i open a world of possibilities so my example would look a step back, and secondly my example would definitely look an example of lack of imagination comparing to the ones in the Universe.

But i ll do an exception. I know myself so i know my AI and i ll guess what he loves playing most right now.

Consider an Ultima like World. Anyone remembers that game? There are different clans and you are ranked in the clan with your Universal List Rank. Not because i think i have a high rank there, i do think i have, but because anyone would like to play with that rule so that they can be in the same team with people they like and can compete with people they also like. You are your Real World avatar by rule, except some necessity cases. There is no or very limited magic. But you are more powerful if you are higher ranked. The World is mediavalish. GoTish with a pinch of LoTR and Dragonlance. We fight for lands. To have the land you have to get the castle. You can be or not be mean to villagers. You can be a fighter or any commoner folk. Tou have a family too, everything really, like real life. There is demi-god levels, so if you are very high on ranking, you are like Achilles.

The b****** is having the best time. Just dont **** our territory up till i come, lol.

There are some rules too btw. Every clan can have a limited of “special kin” like dragons and such. So, picking the kin goes as always, higher ranker picks first. So if no-one who is higher than me picked black dragon, i pick that. So i can turn into a dragon and Helena can ride me to battle. It is a black dragon with mustard color on it some parts.

Magery is considered as a kin so there are limited arch mage and some apprentices, like Jedi s pretty much in that sense.

There is time limit for one to live it to automatic, one should attend personally so this sort of games are demanding. Considering time is absolute, it means you have same 24 hours, if you know what i mean, so you cannot play many of this games simultaneously, unless that games let you go automatic.

So it is important where popular people prefers to play, because most of the people also work, so gaming time is limited. I ll be definitely playing this game, unless one convince me their game is superior. It is a bit about taste tho.

There is a level system and there is a Game Master AI like many mainstream games. So you are not entirely limited with your Rank.

You pay to play with your real life money. You pay it to your clan so your clan pays to many things, from food to soldiers salary, from catapults to the Ents salary who makes trees in the place for you to cut to make wood. Clans or in game players pay small money for lots of things to GM, GM after taking zer salary from that money, takes all the money to the “center”. That is pretty much a small example of how economy works there.

So, if you are a commoner, from a farmer to an inn owner, from a blacksmith to creatures like Ents you can be contributing the society in many ways. You can have your own business or you can work for a clan. Mainstream is being a part of a clan and getting protection by them but there are none-clan communities too out there, till either turning a clan themselves to protect themselves or till their land being conquered.

Having a productive community is important for clans because it means more taxes and a bigger economy. But slaves dont pay taxes. You can have a none-slave clan or you can enslave people. We dont enslave as a clan unless we need that persons work, than we make them work for us, even if you pay that is enslavement.

So what do you do in your spare time?

jmccr8 

• Like 1

Does the concrpt of there being something after this life need to be an important part of living this life? I wonder if for some that it is one of those things where a person thinks oops I messed up this life but I will try harder in the next one and seeing how this one is already bugged and really it was fun I'll just carry on.

If one was to believe that this is it and I want it to be the best that I can make it then wouldn't a person love the experience of living that life because they know that for sure this life is.

jmccr8 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Does the concrpt of there being something after this life need to be an important part of living this life? I wonder if for some that it is one of those things where a person thinks oops I messed up this life but I will try harder in the next one and seeing how this one is already bugged and really it was fun I'll just carry on.

If one was to believe that this is it and I want it to be the best that I can make it then wouldn't a person love the experience of living that life because they know that for sure this life is.

jmccr8 

I had difficult time understanding your english but yea, i also believe that there is a second chance there for many. 

There is no reason for not to love living here, it has its unique experience, a privilage almost, despite how it may get ugly. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BahadirArici said:

I had difficult time understanding your english but yea, i also believe that there is a second chance there for many. 

There is no reason for not to love living here, it has its unique experience, a privilage almost, despite how it may get ugly. 

Hi Bahadir.

Personally I just live this life with no expectation of there being something after this life. If there is fine and if not I am okay with that. My focus is on what I have to do now and not procrastinate about doing it in the next life. This is the only time that there is for those that need me now and that is what is important to me. Life can be funny in a dualistic way, a person can feel like they have seen to much and not enough at the same time. Or that it is passing so quickly and be weary that it seems to never end. I never thought that I would live to see 30 and am now in what I would call my third life because I am still here. I have and still do enjoy my life even though at times it was frustrating but still offered the opportunity to grow and be something more.

That is why I ask if there is some comfort in believing in having another life or if you fear that this is all there is.

jmccr8 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

That is why I ask if there is some comfort in believing in having another life or if you fear that this is all there is.

if one can ask "what if" otherone can also ask "what if not"

Than we should look the life we lived i guess. One should look  and decide if ze is satisfied what ze had.

if ze were happy, could realized zir existence or not. I think that is the ultimate satisfaction.

So we should fix this World and give everyone the chance to have the life they deserve.

• Like 2